Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRRC View Post
i have the race roller set up and I think it is too soft for the E8
It weighs 8lbs 8oz and feels heavier than my 8 and rc8
the race roller set up is too soft for me
The chassis slaps too much and am losing speed bec of this
i feel my rc8 is faster than my E8 right now
I lost a race with all 1/8 brushless bec the front was hitting the jumps the wrong way
what set up do you guys use bec for me the standard roller 8 set up seems to be too soft for the E8
And i have alot of cogging with less than 1/8 throttle, it seems that it is not as accurate and as fast as my b44 with a LRP and 4.5
thanks
I revised the setup I was initially using and it is working alot better now.

FRONT:
Silver springs
54 Pistons
50wt oil
Black swaybar

Rear:
Green Springs
56 Pistons
30wt oil
Black swaybar.

My track has a ton of hard landings and the car stays very well composed on impact and seems to soak it up well. It also made the car more consistent on a dry track which is something I was struggling with on the previous setup.

As far as cogging, I would re-calibrate your system. If it is still happening check all your connections from the ESC to the Motor. I rarely experience cogging at all. There is one section on our track where you actually land on dusty concrete, and if I land on the concrete and go to full-throttle, the drastic traction decrease has caused the car to cog for just a second. And like I said, it has maybe done that 3 times in the 4 or so weeks I have had the car.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this video is an accurate portrayal of just how long the car runs lol
Huh, wha!? Say it ain't so! I'll get mine soon enough, track testing to begin immediately after the battery tops off. I plan to document my experience, just as I did with the previous 8ight. Pics, Vids and Opinions, can't wait!
Old 10-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
I plan to document my experience, just as I did with the previous 8ight. Pics, Vids and Opinions, can't wait!
Awesome, neither can I.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

Well I too finally decided to bite the bullet, sold a couple vehicles and bought a Losi 8ight-E as well. I've always been an Associated guy but for a conversion the 8ight seems like it is very well balanced based on the chassis layout and the fit and finish is great.

This thing will have to be dialed down to race on a medium to small dirt track, out in the street it was easily pulling wheelies, very impressive. Only thing I haven't liked is the glue job done from the factory, blew one bead already, but still an awesome vehicle, looking forward to next season.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Any idea what Diff Lube is in each diff? Did it come with the long or short ackerman installed? I'm trying to figure out how much it's gonna take to get it dialed the way I like.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
Any idea what Diff Lube is in each diff? Did it come with the long or short ackerman installed? I'm trying to figure out how much it's gonna take to get it dialed the way I like.
Pretty sure I read somewhere that it comes with the same setup as the race roller - 3/5/2 and long ackerman. Im currently running 7/10/3 in the diffs
Old 10-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

Why did you go with heavier fluids? Can you describe how it brakes into a corner?
Old 10-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Customer Service

I wonder if anyone has dealt with Losi customer service and has any tips to get a response. I bought the Losi electric conversion kit for my Losi 8ight and found the motor mount was machined incorrectly. I can't slide the motor onto the mount after I install the mounting bracket. I have called and emailed customer service a total of four times over the last two weeks starting on October 8. No response. Is this to be expected from Losi/Horizon Hobbies?
Old 10-20-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Zipper, I've had the same experience. You're better off just sending in your motor with a copy of the purchase receipt and a letter explaining why you're returning the item. I just did that with a 1/10 Excelorin 13.5 motor and I got a replacement in about 10 business days. I had no luck trying to contact them over the phone or via email. Hope that helps!!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Wow, sorry to hear that guys! I've had nothing but good, prompt and friendly service from them. I hope they can get you squared away. Can you post pics of your problem?
Old 10-20-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
I wonder if anyone has dealt with Losi customer service and has any tips to get a response.
I called them and go no response after a week. So next time, I called them and wrote down the date and time and left a message asking to be called back. Next morning, I did the same. That afternoon, I called and again left a message to be called back and noted in the message that this was the third time I had called, the dates and times of previous calls, and that I was wondering whether the line was actually manned or not. I got a call back later that afternoon.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Any luck guys?
Old 10-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have been dealing with the 1-800 number at Horizon Hobbies and have had good results. The Losi Number is hit or miss so I've heard.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
I called them and go no response after a week. So next time, I called them and wrote down the date and time and left a message asking to be called back. Next morning, I did the same. That afternoon, I called and again left a message to be called back and noted in the message that this was the third time I had called, the dates and times of previous calls, and that I was wondering whether the line was actually manned or not. I got a call back later that afternoon.
If it has to do with service issues than no point calling Losi, you have to call Horizon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.