Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread >

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RJNicholson View Post
I finally got my 2.0E up and running and on the track.

I'm running the stock setup with 4s LiPo.

My problem is my rear end keeps breaking loose and I'm all over the place and playing feather the throttle all the time.

I want to know what everyone is running in their Diffs f/c/r?

I'm about to rebuild mine. I was thinking of 3k in the rear like my Nitro, or do I need to go 4k?

Also, I run the smart diff and in my nitro and was thinking of going to one in my E as well, but I have heard that the 2.0E is only getting gains out of the Front SD.. Is this true?? Just don't want to waste my time tuning a Center SD if it's not needed.

I use 5-5-2 diff fluid and have had no problems. I used 35wt oil in the rear shocks. I have been using Pro-Line Holeshots and Bow-Ties, depending on the track conditions. It handles great.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jube View Post
http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/SetupTruhe.pdf
This is the setup Ive been using as my base setup. Seems pretty consistant and easy to drive.

Is the lack of traction during straightline or is it a side bite issue?
I am not sure why you would start with a Nitro setup on a 2.0-E. I use these (Drake) since it makes a little more sense to me . . .

http://www.losi.com/Products/Support...rodID=LOSA0806
Old 08-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr View Post
I am not sure why you would start with a Nitro setup on a 2.0-E. I use these (Drake) since it makes a little more sense to me . . .

http://www.losi.com/Products/Support...rodID=LOSA0806
From 1st hand experience, Jube's setup seems to work extremely well... He uses it because it's fast!
Old 08-26-2009, 03:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

I tried the Drake setup for a full race weekend and went back to the standard setup with a few tweaks.

I just couldn't make the Drake setup work for me... but then again, everybody is different.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can't help but feel that the setups on Losi's website are a bit dodgy..
Reason being, the 8ight-E is significantly heavier than it's nitro counterpart. (even on 4s 5000 lipo). Taking this into consideration, how is it possible that they are using stock silver and green springs... unless they're running on really smooth tracks. Everytime I've tried silver and green, I can't set enough preload to get any sensible amount of ride height.

maybe it's just me...
Old 08-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littlejohn View Post
I can't help but feel that the setups on Losi's website are a bit dodgy..
Reason being, the 8ight-E is significantly heavier than it's nitro counterpart. (even on 4s 5000 lipo). Taking this into consideration, how is it possible that they are using stock silver and green springs... unless they're running on really smooth tracks. Everytime I've tried silver and green, I can't set enough preload to get any sensible amount of ride height.

maybe it's just me...
What they do not tell you is that you need full rebound on your shocks to make the setup work.

If you follow the link I posted it takes you to setup sheets for the 8ight-E 2.0.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What they do not tell you is that you need full rebound on your shocks to make the setup work.

If you follow the link I posted it takes you to setup sheets for the 8ight-E 2.0.
full rebound?? have the modded their pistons in some form??
Old 08-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Everyone has their own likes in a setup. Ive tried Drakes too. Like I said, I like Truhe's. You like Drakes. Doesnt make us right or wrong.

Originally Posted by richard.bratton View Post
From 1st hand experience, Jube's setup seems to work extremely well... He uses it because it's fast!
Thanks Rich. Now if I can only get the jerk behind the wheel to be more consistant....lol
Old 08-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Tech Regular

It's mainly a forward traction issue. My rear end keeps breaking loose on me, but I haven't really played with the set up like I have my nitro. It could also be my set up on my ESC as I haven't really tweak it out yet either. Just the general binding set up and that was it. or it could be my heavy nitro throttle finger also.

I was just curious to what everyone was running to give a jump off point to start from and go there.

Thanks for the input Jube. I will look at the set up and give it a shot on Sunday and see what I think.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

No matter what setup you run you will HAVE to drive the E buggy different if you have a "nitro" finger. You have to understand that between the clutch and the spool up of the rpm's of a nitro it takes a bit to build max power. BL cars are INSTANT torque. There is no forgiveness. Turn your esc down as much as you can and try your best to "squeeze" the trigger. Remember the throttle input is variable, it doesnt have to be used as a light switch!

BTW, the kit setup isnt that bad if you dont blow the tires off of it!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

hello new to electric. Anyhow loving my new E buggy, its stock, running losi
4s lipo. So far so good. Seems like a very tough, driveable buggy.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

horrible day racing yesterday......my losi 4s,which has been charged and balanced only 13 times burst into flames while charging yesterday.im gonna send it to horizon but i doubt they will do anything.anyone else had a prob with these batts?????
Old 08-30-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeremy reed View Post
horrible day racing yesterday......my losi 4s,which has been charged and balanced only 13 times burst into flames while charging yesterday.im gonna send it to horizon but i doubt they will do anything.anyone else had a prob with these batts?????
I personally havent owned one for those reasons. Ive heard some bad stuff about them
Old 08-30-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I have been running two losi 4 cells for almost 3 months. I only charge them at 3 amps through the balancing connector. Never had a problem. The only problem I had is I broke one wire each on the balance connector due to the way I was strapping them in. What are you charging them at? Sorry to hear that.........
Old 08-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've never had a problem with my Losi 4S battery that I've been running for almost a year...

Jube, what's the advantage to the BCE chassis? Is it lighter than the 2.0 chassis?

I'm thinking about ditching my 1.0 for a 2.0...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.