Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread >

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 06:44 PM
  #3271  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Coral gables, Florida
Posts: 1,265
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer357 View Post
rene, I lost my losi fan very quickly as well. I replaced it with a clear Novak fan and it has performed great for over a month.
is that part number 5645? Does it bolt right up? Thanks
infanterene is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:21 PM
  #3272  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (198)
 
XXXDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,121
Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Default

So far 3 months with the original Tekin RX8 fan and no problems yet.... come to think of it how do you test to see of it's working. What's the process?
XXXDad is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:38 PM
  #3273  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
Jube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,397
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post
So far 3 months with the original Tekin RX8 fan and no problems yet.... come to think of it how do you test to see of it's working. What's the process?
should come on for a sec when you power up.
Jube is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:59 PM
  #3274  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 357
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

rene, it is # 5652 , direct fit, bolts on with shorter screws is the only difference.
racer357 is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 09:01 PM
  #3275  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
Jube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,397
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer357 View Post
rene, it is # 5652 , direct fit, bolts on with shorter screws is the only difference.
get off the laptop and drive
Jube is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 09:01 PM
  #3276  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,486
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post
So far 3 months with the original Tekin RX8 fan and no problems yet.... come to think of it how do you test to see of it's working. What's the process?


push and hold mode...it should click on....mine did at least.
Integra is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 01:42 AM
  #3277  
Tech Regular
 
RJNicholson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Allen, TX (another burb of Dallas)
Posts: 371
Default Gearing Question

I just picked up an Electric 2.0 and I'm wondering if there is any other spurs to run other then plastic? If so where can I find them, and are they the same smaller sizes I'm seeing in Electric? I don't care much about the noise it makes.. I think it sounds awesome like a damn chain driven car.

Also, should I stick with the stock 45/15?

Is anyone running the Center SD? If so are you changing the spur to a smaller size, or changing the Pinion?

Any insight to these questions would be great. Thanks everyone.

Sorry I'm lazy and don't feel like reading through this Thread as well to see if this was talked about, or use the search feature.

This Roller has the Stock motor and ESC equipped.

-Richard
RJNicholson is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 02:15 AM
  #3278  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
az00lude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 541
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RJNicholson View Post
I just picked up an Electric 2.0 and I'm wondering if there is any other spurs to run other then plastic? If so where can I find them, and are they the same smaller sizes I'm seeing in Electric? I don't care much about the noise it makes.. I think it sounds awesome like a damn chain driven car.

Also, should I stick with the stock 45/15?

Is anyone running the Center SD? If so are you changing the spur to a smaller size, or changing the Pinion?

Any insight to these questions would be great. Thanks everyone.

Sorry I'm lazy and don't feel like reading through this Thread as well to see if this was talked about, or use the search feature.

This Roller has the Stock motor and ESC equipped.

-Richard
Losi conversion kit comes with 45T metal spur. I'm sure that will firt just fine.

I'd drop to 14T pinion for longer runtime and easier on the electronics. 14T should be plenty of speed for any track. 13T for small tracks.
az00lude is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 06:56 AM
  #3279  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (7)
 
air8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutch, KS
Posts: 5,748
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Anyone tried a Peltier? Last year the 1/8 conversion Thread people were posting up about the use of a peltier junction module. The only downside I think, was the amount of ice/condesation that formed.
air8 is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 08:16 AM
  #3280  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
yfzracer912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 270
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

For those like myself who have never heard of peltier before here is a quick link. http://www.heatsink-guide.com/peltier.htm
yfzracer912 is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 09:12 AM
  #3281  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,486
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I was just gonna say....what the Tooooot is a peltier
Integra is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 09:27 AM
  #3282  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18
Default

Originally Posted by az00lude View Post
Losi conversion kit comes with 45T metal spur. I'm sure that will firt just fine.

I'd drop to 14T pinion for longer runtime and easier on the electronics. 14T should be plenty of speed for any track. 13T for small tracks.
rookie question, but does a smaller pinion with the same 45T Spur gear mean more torque and less top end?
SwanSong is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 09:55 AM
  #3283  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: louisville,ky
Posts: 323
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Silly question..anyone poke holes in their body to get air flowing in for cooling? If so what's an ideal position for the 8ight? I plan on running the MMM 2200KV and a zippy 5000ma 20c and all these threads got me scared sh!tless about it "thermaling"..haha
nitronutzzz is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 10:15 AM
  #3284  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitronutzzz View Post
Silly question..anyone poke holes in their body to get air flowing in for cooling? If so what's an ideal position for the 8ight? I plan on running the MMM 2200KV and a zippy 5000ma 20c and all these threads got me scared sh!tless about it "thermaling"..haha
Well, to answer your question--I would cut out the front window and use a glue gun to place in some screen. I do this and it appears to work well--looks cool too and get a lot of compliments (if you are into that kind of thing).

Now, your system will not "thermal" since it is sensorless--it will simply overheat. Thermaling, in my opinion, is when a sensored brushless system shuts itself down b/c it gets too hot. The MMM combo will simply get too hot and create damage if operated incorrectly.

I believe your concern should be the 20C packs. Make sure you know the amps that these packs deliver and what the motor wants. If your motor wants to draw a higher continuous current higher than your packs deliver you run the very likely risk of "puffing" the packs. This, if you do not already know, essentially destroys the batteries and become a potential fire hazard if you try to recharge them.

Many will recommend you do not run 20C packs with 1/8th scale but really depends on your motor. Just so you know . . .

Last edited by dangerwr; 08-05-2009 at 10:27 AM.
dangerwr is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 10:24 AM
  #3285  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
yfzracer912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 270
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SwanSong View Post
rookie question, but does a smaller pinion with the same 45T Spur gear mean more torque and less top end?
Your right, the bigger the pinion the higher the top end. And as for the spur gear the bigger you go the more TORQUE you get(loose top end).

Going down a tooth on the pinion is simillar to going up on the spur and vise versa.
yfzracer912 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.