Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread >

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 12:11 PM
okayplayer

Originally Posted by okayplayer View Post
Hey, I was told that the Losi 2-E will not be released in UK shop until end of April... Let say 30 days.

I'm really hesitating on going for this Losi 2-E ... or better a RC8e or RC8 + conversion kit and power this with a Tekin 1/8 combo.

Any thought ?

Cédric
I'm really close to buy the Losi, really confident on the team support (even I'm in south france !), the kit looks top notch... but the heart of the buggy is the brushless motor and ESC.

That's my biggest consideration. Is there a big community under this ESC, for providing firmware upgrades ... Is the cable to upgrade the ESC provided in the Losi 2 E kit ? - We'll know that improvements on this domain are everydays life.... so what's the deal on this Losi ESC ????? I'm comparing it to my Tekin combo, where the updates are really often and improving the behaviour of the ESC.

Cédric

Old 04-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm really close to buy the Losi, really confident on the team support (even I'm in south france !), the kit looks top notch... but the heart of the buggy is the brushless motor and ESC.

That's my biggest consideration. Is there a big community under this ESC, for providing firmware upgrades ... Is the cable to upgrade the ESC provided in the Losi 2 E kit ? - We'll know that improvements on this domain are everydays life.... so what's the deal on this Losi ESC ????? I'm comparing it to my Tekin combo, where the updates are really often and improving the behaviour of the ESC.

Cédric
Yes, there are firmware updates for the ESC and the new one is supposed to be remarkable. I'll find out for myself this week. A friend of mine is running the Losi 8ight-E 2.0 and he's been happy with the car all around. I seems to be very efficient as well. Losi is probably the best R/C company on the planet for customer satisfaction and providing the highest quality products.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:24 PM
okayplayer

Originally Posted by warpig View Post
Yes, there are firmware updates for the ESC and the new one is supposed to be remarkable. I'll find out for myself this week. A friend of mine is running the Losi 8ight-E 2.0 and he's been happy with the car all around. I seems to be very efficient as well. Losi is probably the best R/C company on the planet for customer satisfaction and providing the highest quality products.
Thanks, your input is really appreciated.

Take care

Cédric

Old 04-02-2009, 01:02 PM
okayplayer

Thanks, your input is really appreciated.
Take care
Cédric
Quick question : What recommended servo do I have to get for this baby ?

I know the 9551 but that's maybe too expensive... any other recommendation on brands and servo ?

Cédric

Old 04-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I know the 9551 but that's maybe too expensive... any other recommendation on brands and servo ?

Cédric
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5733
I have friends that use these and are happy with them..
Old 04-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Cédric
I personally like the JR 9100T. Some run the 9100S it simply is faster with less torque. The 9100T is very powerful and bulletproof. Also Losi products.. Or, Horizon, however you want to look at it. Same company. haha

I personally stay away from Hitec and Futaba. I have never had any luck with either. Now, the next guy will say he hates JR and loves Hitec.

Airtronics makes a new servo that is very powerful that I've seen first hand and am very impressed with it. Airtronics servo

You will have to spend at least $100-$115 on a quality servo you can use for a long long time.

Ben
Old 04-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, those Ace Hobby servoes are nice too. When I raced for Ace I was really impressed with them. However, the newer servos are getting really powerful and more reliable. It's really up to what you think you need but there is a good list there for you.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:12 PM
okayplayer

Originally Posted by warpig View Post
Yes, those Ace Hobby servoes are nice too. When I raced for Ace I was really impressed with them. However, the newer servos are getting really powerful and more reliable. It's really up to what you think you need but there is a good list there for you.
http://www.helidirect.com/align-ds61...25a-p-8166.hdx

Is it any good ? 10kg should be enough no ?

Old 04-02-2009, 01:14 PM
rhino420

ive been running an ace 1015/ae1015 in my 8t 1.0 and now my 8t 2.0 and it works just fine almost bullet proof. i would recomend the ace or ae servo fast and tough servos but are around 100 bucks.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

There are two reasons I wouldn't run that in an 1/8 buggy.

First is that it has 166oz of torque. I have gotten accustomed to running close to 400oz. I crank my servo savers pretty tight now because the servos I run seem to handle it without any draw backs.

Second is that it hasn't been proven reliable. I typically don't like to run new things that haven't been tried and tested. Imagine being bummed because you tried saving $40 on a servo and it breaks in a week and you end up buying the one you should have in the first place.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rhino420 View Post
ive been running an ace 1015/ae1015 in my 8t 1.0 and now my 8t 2.0 and it works just fine almost bullet proof. i would recomend the ace or ae servo fast and tough servos but are around 100 bucks.
Can you educate us on the AE servos a bit? That may be a good option for him. I know I installed a couple on a friends vehicle a few weeks back and my face was like this because the steering servo was so rediculously powerful and fast.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:32 PM
rhino420

the ae servo is the exct same thing as the ace 1015 they just call it the xp 1015 and i think it is a bit faster then the ace but i love it i tried the hi tec servos out and i burned two of the 5595 in my truggy and then i bought the 1015 and never looked back its been in my trug since last feb and its perfect.

Dim. (L x W x H) mm
41.8 x 20.6 x 39.6

Weight (g/oz)
66 / 2.328

Torque (Kg-cm/oz-in) @ 6V
14.5 / 201.4

Transit Time (sec/60°) @ 6V

Voltage Range
4.8 – 6V

Old 04-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

I have a hard time believing it's only 201oz. The one I had in front of me to litarally swing the back of the car when I held both the front wheels. Just nuts!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:42 PM
rhino420

thats what i got off the site. but your right the thing is super fast and super strong maybe its a true 200oz and not hyped up like some manfuc like to do with there details.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I thought about trying the ACE servo's, but was hesitant about it... I have since bought a 7955tg and a 8711

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.