Wiki Posts
Search

What has Roar done for me lately ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 04:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J_P
So go run your 1/12th scale, knobby tired, Truck bodied, 1/8th scale winged,42 celled lipo car with your other three friends. And leave racing to the racers.

you may talk crap about this class, but until you try it, its a lot of fun

lol
Old 08-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
But why do i have to pay it ?

Why do i need insurance for some races and not others ?

Why am i covered if everyone is a roar member and not if 1 guy isn't.

What have they done for us lately ?
1. To be covered and able to race.

2. Some tracks have their own insurance, some have none and wing it. I saw a mans leg ripped wide open when he slipped on the steps of the drivers stand. It was a one off parking lot race so no insurance. Thankfully it was a ROAR race so he was covered.

3. What have you done for ROAR lately? ROAR is not some tyrannical dictatorship. It is made up of racers voted in by the members. If you want something changed, run for office and change it or vote for someone that will. If you think your vote doesn't count look at the voting results. Many of them are 5-4 votes. Get enough buddies to vote for you and you could be in charge.

If you still just can't stand ROAR then don't join. Stay at your little local track and have a blast. I'm sure we will all miss you at the Nats or the Worlds but we will get over it.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J_P
So go run your 1/12th scale, knobby tired, Truck bodied, 1/8th scale winged,42 celled lipo car with your other three friends. And leave racing to the racers.
I'm not running that until they approve either brushless motors or go nitro.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Metla
Uh, that's my point, Lipo was used at the grass roots level before being officially endorsed nationally. It means the guidelines reflect the actual real world conditions.

I thought the time taken to approve Lipo and the way it was done was a perfect example of a system working well.
The timing for Lipo approval was all business....It gave sub c cell suppliers
a chance to sell out there inventory and then restock w approved lipos....
In the big picture it worked out well for everybody. Suppliers didnt lose money and we have lipos at a decent price....
Old 08-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

The attachment says it all.
Attached Thumbnails What has Roar done for me lately ?-no-whining-2x.gif  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bermbuster
The timing for Lipo approval was all business....It gave sub c cell suppliers
a chance to sell out there inventory and then restock w approved lipos....
In the big picture it worked out well for everybody. Suppliers didnt lose money and we have lipos at a decent price....
Yep, Quite aware that commercial and political factors all play a part in the process.

Hell, Here in NZ everyone is still fighting Lipo.....
Old 08-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

In any competitive sport, there needs to be a governing body that dictates what the rules are, to ensure fair play. It may be a little inconvenient on race day to have things slowed down by a tech process, but what's the alternative? Anything goes? Cats and Dogs living together, mass hysteria!

There isn't a sport on earth that doesn't have rules. ROAR creates and enforces them on a national level, among the many other things they do (those have already been mentioned in this thread). They could probably be more efficient or organized in what they do, but ROAR - or something like it - needs to exist in order for RC racing to grow and prosper...it could get a LOT bigger than it currently is, but only with guidance.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

first, lots of B.S. and just plain bad info being said on this thread about roar and other things

second,

ASK NOT,,,, what ROAR can do for you, BUT, rather, what can you do to help improve ROAR.

if you don't like roar, don't join. if you don't like roar, don't complain, turn the computer off, get off your lazy ass, run for office and make a change for the better. either that or just keep making posts about how roar sucks and never do anything to improve it. its your choice,

and thats all i have say about that.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nc-hopsing
I got mine within a week or so. Signed up on 7-31, the Nats started on 8-15. Had my card and rule book well before the race.

ROAR has its good and bad points......maybe a few more bad than good, but overall I think ROAR is needed.

What I dont think is needed is $80 per class to race with no break for mulitple classes. You only get one t-shirt!!!!
Well at the Offroad Electric Nats it was more bad that good.

The $80 entry fee for the first class was way to high, especially when you add in the cost of a Lipo Sack THAT you had to use or be thown out, so I bought one for $30 only to be told that the lipo sack rule was waved for that one race at the track!
After all the noise about safety, and how the rule would be strictly enforced they toss it, bull!

Rules came and went, lipo sack, no triple A's for masters, no triple A's for any class that did not fill 2 full heats, that would have left Stock Truck, with only 18 entries, out, so to give stock truck a triple A they had to give in and give Masters a triple A too.
3 motor rule, that got changed late in the event, what effect did that have in Quals for those that conserved motors only to have a last minute RULE change?
Class secific motors, I couldn't use the same 10.5 motor for Masters and for the Demo class, J82, even though they are both 10.5 motor classes, I ran the same T4 for both.

And Yes, I am a ROAR member, one of the 17 in Region 11 that voted in the last election.

ROAR has had 2 Nats prior to work out the tech and rules for this year, they should have been more organized.

Hot Rod Hobbies had their act togther for this race and my THANKS to Jimmy and his crew!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:30 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

ROAR gave us a woman president.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd
ROAR gave us a woman president.
No, the members voted her in.
Dawn was a write in candidate, and IF you were a member and voted, you would know that
Old 08-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

go get em fred..
Old 08-27-2008, 09:04 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
No, the members voted her in.
Dawn was a write in candidate, and IF you were a member and voted, you would know that
No matter how you slice it we still have a woman being president of ROAR.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by C_O_jones

a Lipo Sack THAT you had to use or be thown out, so I bought one for $30 only to be told that the lipo sack rule was waved for that one race at the track!
After all the noise about safety, and how the rule would be strictly enforced they toss it, bull!

Sucker !!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 09:14 PM

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

i signed up for a year membership at pitstop and the guy said i should get somthing in the mail or through email.......never showed up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.