R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 09-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

Dawn - It is time this comes off the public forum! so you have PM

If you want change in roar, become a member and vote!
Old 09-03-2008, 03:16 PM   #122
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
As stated in the rules.. Super Stock in 2009 will be 13.5 Brushless only.

But.... the 2009 rules will NOT be finalized and posted until after the fall meeting of the Executive Committee.

We are working on a skill based system rather than a motor wind based system... so things might change significantly anyway. Please be patient... the meeting is in November and the rules will be updated with plenty of time for people to make a conversion in equipment if necessary (which, hopefully won't be.. all equipment should be fine...) and in understanding process.

Even the Castle Motor sponsored drivers who insist I have bad information will be happy....

Dawn Sanchez

Hmm allright im kinda ok with it if its based on trying to get a even playing field, but im sure brand "A" vs. brand "B" are going to have power output ranges so will it work? I dought it. and there will be a surplus of brushed 19T motors for sale.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #123
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDCrow Send a message via Skype™ to JDCrow

David,
ROAR does not make motor rules, or any specifications in a vacuum. We have Manufacture Representative (NOT just Sponsored Drivers) of many of the Motor Suppliers at the table creating the technical specs for Brushless Motors and other items as well.

Dont Blame ROAR or Dawn if some of them ask for a seat at the table, and then never join the discussion, only to follow up by screaming they have been left out.
JDCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:22 PM   #124
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just wanted to make one very important point. It does NOT matter if everyone at an event is a ROAR member. I don't know where this idea came from but it's been pushed along for so many years everybody just assumes it's true. I'm guessing teracks started it to get people to sign up for membership to protect the track. About three years ago a guy here jumped to avoid an oncoming car while marshalling and landed on the side of his foot resulting in a badly broken ankle. There were 3 people at the track that were ROAR members. Fortunately he was one of them. ROAR paid $10,000 on his medical bills. It didn't cover the whole deal the total was around $13,000 but given he had no other insurance he was pretty happy he was a ROAR member.

Imemediately after the accident everyone said it didn't matter that he was a ROAR member because other people weren't. I couldn't beleive it was legal to sell insurance with a disclaimer that was for all practical purposes impossible to verify so I called ROAR and was informed that that was just a rumor and the guy got his coverage.

Granted serious injuries are rare in RC I've only seen 3 in 27 years of racing but it does happen from tim to time. Without ROAR there wouldn't have been a track here for eleven years. If you don't need it fine but that doesn't mean it doesn't have value to others.
MystRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #125
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

JD - The castle thing started in our region 8 forum, I just asked if the motors would be allowed since I heard some regional event allowed them to run. I have brushed motors I can still run at ROAR events where castle motors would not be allowed. Many other racers chimed in with their opinions as well. It was my opinion to figure out a way to "grand-father" in the castle motors given the popularity of the system, but just my opinion and a suggestion. To make a long story short there is a mod class and an open mod class now at the race or so I hear. So I will be prepared for either
Old 09-03-2008, 03:53 PM   #126
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Old 09-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #127
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I like the sounds of a skill based system, kinda like RC Pro series with novice/inter/pro. I really enjoy attending the national events, but get frustrated after getting my booty kicked. We just don't have the race conditions (ie: blue groove) here in the cornfields of Nebraska to be as dialed as needed for big races. If there were different skill level classes, I could race people like myself in a main other than the "D" or lower.
Heavy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #128
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy B View Post
I like the sounds of a skill based system, kinda like RC Pro series with novice/inter/pro. I really enjoy attending the national events, but get frustrated after getting my booty kicked. We just don't have the race conditions (ie: blue groove) here in the cornfields of Nebraska to be as dialed as needed for big races. If there were different skill level classes, I could race people like myself in a main other than the "D" or lower.
Do you need to be coddled ? Strive to be great and you will be my friend. I think skill level classes wouldn't work too well unless there is sportsman then like normal and then take all the sick ultra pro sponsored guys and stick them together.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #129
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
This is one of the funniest posts I have seen. I can't stop laughing at it. Outstanding RB.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:06 PM   #130
MDB
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alberico View Post

If you want change in roar, become a member and vote!
That's most likely the problem with these whiners. Instead of crying and whining about Roar, they could be helping ROAR get better. But these types of people prefer to whine and cry.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:13 PM   #131
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDB View Post
That's most likely the problem with these whiners. Instead of crying and whining about Roar, they could be helping ROAR get better. But these types of people prefer to whine and cry.
Speculate all you want.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #132
Tech Legend

Dawn

The skill thing ?

I like ....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:39 PM   #133
Suspended

Quote:
Speculate all you want.

didn't YOU do just that by starting this thread ??

biggest waste of bandwidth since the latest "what should I get?" discussion
RCabcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:48 AM   #134
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCabcs View Post
didn't YOU do just that by starting this thread ??

biggest waste of bandwidth since the latest "what should I get?" discussion
This might be but you still felt compelled to post in the thread so one could speculate your no better than the rest of us. Its entertainging and nothing wrong with seeing what other racers think of are racing organization.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:34 AM   #135
Tech Elite

This is no better than that B-Mag thread a while back. At least with the B-MAG thread I got a bunch of laughs.