color me impressed.
thank you!!
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #152
MDB
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Buddy, you said i and others are whining and not doing nothing about it, how do you know a group of us that are unhappy aren't doing anything about it. Your region may be fine and dandy but ours isn't for off road. You come on ignorantly stating the op and others were whining and not doing something but you just speculating.

Their is active participation to make our region better for sure. So take your smug opinions and put them somewhere else.

So tell us, what in the hell have you done?
Old 09-04-2008, 12:59 PM   #153
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDB View Post
So tell us, what in the hell have you done?
Well, we have found someone who is a good fit to run for region 1 director between on road and off road and have organized alittle support for him and plan on getting things changed for the better of region one and the off road tracks we frequent in region 2 to kinda maybe unite them etc. Region 2 has it poppin but region 1 doesn't and i kevin boyle region 2 director is pretty involved and open to make the NE as best as it can be.

Is that enough for you.

Whats with the "what the hell have you done" ?

Isn't that alittle smug and dripping with attitude ?
Old 09-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #154
Suspended

Quote:
So take your smug opinions and put them somewhere else.
can dish it out, but can't take it HUH?
RCabcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #155
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCabcs View Post
can dish it out, but can't take it HUH?
I responded with a paragraph for you but i guess thats all you could understand. I think i can take it.

What's your point here ? you called me out and i told you our roar situation and plan to resolve in a proactive way. What more do you want.

Is that you rocket rob ?
Old 09-04-2008, 01:30 PM   #156
Suspended

Quote:
I responded with a paragraph for you but i guess thats all you could understand. I think i can take it.

What's your point here ? you called me out and i told you our roar situation and plan to resolve in a proactive way. What more do you want.
seems like you've been doing more striking back and calling people names, let alone starting this worthless thread in a coy and lame attempt at slamming ROAR, than even coming close to being able to take half of what you've dished out.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:33 PM   #157
Tech Champion

Quote:
seems like you've been doing more striking back and calling people names, let alone starting this worthless thread in a coy and lame attempt at slamming ROAR, than even coming close to being able to take half of what you've dished out.

Ok fellow rc enthusiast go attack a big mac or something and cool off. It's ok. Life is great.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:45 PM   #158
Suspended

too bad that thought hadn't come to mind before starting this thread
Old 09-04-2008, 01:45 PM   #159
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
So.... I created an opening for you to run that motor......
I removed my post, to try to stay more clear of the crap here.

Let's just say I'm not impressed with the tone and attitude by the ROAR prez...

How exactly did you "create an opening"? I think I recall you standing stubbornly in the way of allowing a deviation.... (that both the track and the racers asked for) Wow... we SOOO have you to thank. What would we ever have done without you.

Last edited by glassdoctor; 09-04-2008 at 03:36 PM.
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #160
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Whether a company (Castle) makes the decision to not participate in the ROAR approval process is their choice, but then again taking themselves out of the equation ties more hands than simply laying the fault of their decision in ROAR's lap. They could have followed the same simple process other manufacturers made and then your "pricing argument" would have a leg to stand on, but otherwise the point is moot.

While I agree that hobbyshops and tracks benefit by having more affordable options, having a lower priced brushless system available to racers that doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of ROAR rules doesn't help answer who's insurance coverage an event will fall under. Most shops and tracks, especially those operated on city property, can't afford the the indepent insurance rider neccessary to cover basic liability costs to host an event and ROAR does that for them. So unless you see a way clear for Castle to offer some sort of rider program for all shops and tracks that prefer using their products and promote their sales, that will by the way increase the cost of your cheaper systems, I can't see clear to understanding how it will work for the little guys that also need insurance coverage for thier weekly racing programs.
Well I also see your points as well. For are track the owner has had his own track insurance and don't depend on ROAR for that. Now for me and I would think anyone that has homeowners insurance I'm covered either way (I know this don't apply to everyone).

I see both views. My view is normally whatever it takes to get the tracks more patrons I'm for, and anything that would keep people from participating I'm pretty much against in most cases.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:49 PM   #161
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Now for me and I would think anyone that has homeowners insurance I'm covered either way (I know this don't apply to everyone).
unless your local track is in someone's backyard, and they're willing to take the risk, I fail to see how your homeowner's insurance would cover you either way
Old 09-04-2008, 09:18 PM   #162
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
And David yet again... you seem to thrive on DRAMA so you are the center of attention. You choose to post quotes of mine and respond with irrelevant answers.........

Whatever you want to think and say and do... I will not dispute you nor battle you. Your keyboard balls are so much larger than mine.

Facts are this: Castle Creations has not built a motor that follows ROAR specs. Castle Creations only now is involved in the process to make changes to the rules. You chose to purchase a motor knowing full well its not ROAR legal and then you proceeded to trash an event that was pushed for in your region because the motor you have and you know isn't legal can't be used.

So.... I created an opening for you to run that motor......

yet, you still have to show the attitude your famous for......

Wow! If I talked to my customers like that I wouldnt be in business very long ( whether I was right or wrong ). Dawn, no matter what people say about you or about roar you should really let your regional directors take care of things. Whether youre right or wrong, these kind of comments ( ie - big balls ) is not professional at all!

cam
camshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #163
Tech Legend

Dawn`s got balls.......
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #164
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camshaft View Post

Wow! If I talked to my customers like that I wouldnt be in business very long ( whether I was right or wrong ). Dawn, no matter what people say about you or about roar you should really let your regional directors take care of things. Whether youre right or wrong, these kind of comments ( ie - big balls ) is not professional at all!

cam
No... Regional Directors should enforce the rules for higher level events. Where do you draw the line? Do you allow somebody to run a J82 in 2wd Buggy? Do you let somebody drive a 1/8th electric conversion in 4wd? That's the reason why there are rules.

Paul
Old 09-04-2008, 10:30 PM   #165
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Well I also see your points as well. For are track the owner has had his own track insurance and don't depend on ROAR for that. Now for me and I would think anyone that has homeowners insurance I'm covered either way (I know this don't apply to everyone).

I see both views. My view is normally whatever it takes to get the tracks more patrons I'm for, and anything that would keep people from participating I'm pretty much against in most cases.
But would you like the premium hike after you had to file a claim via your home owners insurance? Yes my home owners insurance would cover any injury. But I would rather use ROAR to cover an injury.