R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-25-2008, 11:45 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default yep

I hadn't owned a 2wd since my RC10CE, got a FT T4 and had so much fin with the thing. It stands up to some pretty amazing cartwheels and I liked it so much I got two. I now have one converted to a J82 which I have to say is just about the funnest 2wd I've ever run. Nimble and stout and jumps like mike.

Any car can be competitive, and all have their ups and downs.. the T4 is as good a ride as any out right now.
billdapart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #17
Tech Regular

RC10 T4 is the way to go, bashable, raceable. Good parts availability and inexpensive.

Mister-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:39 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have two T4's and swear by them. I had a T4 and a MF1 at the same time and sold the MF1 to get another T4.

My friend machined a new t plate and u-brace for the rear to make the length the same as the new losi truck. You can put even more power to the ground without the front wheels coming up as fast.
Lenman73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:59 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to TheOldBoy

The only thing i have found with the FT T4 is it's front arms, a bit fragile at times. Tracks in Oz must be a lot rougher as a lot of FT front arms are smashed and most of us have now changed over to the standard T4 arms, with some going to the RPM front end to get away from breakage. Apart from that, look after that diff, don't overtighten it and you have a great truck

Lies and karma will catch up to those who are dishonest or continually try to blame others for what they have done and it is those legal action is pending, nothing more, nothing less.
TheOldBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:24 AM   #20
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I will second the old boy on arms, I think we went through 5 or six arms between us a couple of weeks ago at the Townsville cup. But the triple was vicious if you didn't get it right.
dirtdustingdavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:47 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to OTE_TheMissile

Buy a T4 for the speed, then read my "Failure-Proof Your T4" article for the strength.

[/shameless plug]
OTE_TheMissile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:26 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

I notice that alot of people do what i use to do and that is stick with one brand and only that brand. "i run only losi or i only run AE". The best thing that i ever did was to try something other then Losi. I Ran Losi for years, and don't get me wrong they make great stuff but my xxx4 didn't compare to my current B44. My T4 seems fairly similar to my previous xxxtcr as far as performance. The Difference between these two trucks is the driver. My opinion is to not only stick with one particular brand.
Team Driver for: Proline, Team Epic/Trinity, Hex Crew, Bulldawg R/C, Speed Demon Hobbies ~~~~TEAM CRUNCHY~~~~
Bulldawg RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:06 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

All I can say is rear body mounts SUCK!!! get aluminum rear body mounts. Why would they put B4 Wing mounts on the T4? At my track everyone breaks them Other than that the truck is OK

ARC, LRP Go Blue!!
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:46 AM   #24
Tech Regular

run gt2 front arms and caster blocks and front end is money have never broken rear body mounts in 2 years of running t4s
no1uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:52 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I say try them both. Nobody is paying you to be brand loyal. I used to be brand loyal and it only set me back. I have a factory team t4 right now and I really have to wheel the crap out of it to keep up with the xxxtcr. And I have the best handling t4 in at jays rc park. I think its time they come out with the t5
Old 08-26-2008, 05:12 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just started running my t4 again after its been sitting a while and I must say its great!! I am using a super dialed setup--it turns hard, not too loose, jumps great and put that power down. I run a xxxcr buggy and the t4 can turn way way harder than it.

Ask 5 CR buggy owners (at the same track) what setup they are running and you will get 5 different answers. With the CR truck owners their setups are pretty close--which tells me the truck is pretty dialed as is while the buggy seems to always need work to get it right. I have never heard bad things about the CR truck save for the alloy rear hubs (ball studs even ti-break pretty easily in them).

They are both really nice trucks and I would drive both before buying. One thing is that the B4/t4 shocks can be kind of a pain to keep on top of while the Losi shocks are a cinch. The t4 does have the better trans and a better diff. T4 front arms are like glass--the Gt2 parts fit on and are a bunch more durable. Some guys don't like the durability of the ea3 plastic in the losi. It really is a toss up.

Tamiya 419x/Associated TC7.1/Sanwa M12s/Xpert servos
d16dcoe45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

well considering the fact that these are all opnions but ive heard that the t4 has more sterring or it stears better throught a corner and ive read arcticals that the xxxt beat the t4 overall but my choice would be the xxxt because that is what i own but this winter i want to try the new black box edition t4 and see what its like but if i was you i would try them both and see what works out for you but the parts avalibilty is just about the same for both truck just about everywhere carrys losi and associated but its totally up to you on what you want to buy just my $.02
superdave2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:43 PM   #28
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by d16dcoe45 View Post
I just started running my t4 again after its been sitting a while and I must say its great!! I am using a super dialed setup--it turns hard, not too loose, jumps great and put that power down. I run a xxxcr buggy and the t4 can turn way way harder than it.

Ask 5 CR buggy owners (at the same track) what setup they are running and you will get 5 different answers. With the CR truck owners their setups are pretty close--which tells me the truck is pretty dialed as is while the buggy seems to always need work to get it right. I have never heard bad things about the CR truck save for the alloy rear hubs (ball studs even ti-break pretty easily in them).

They are both really nice trucks and I would drive both before buying. One thing is that the B4/t4 shocks can be kind of a pain to keep on top of while the Losi shocks are a cinch. The t4 does have the better trans and a better diff. T4 front arms are like glass--the Gt2 parts fit on and are a bunch more durable. Some guys don't like the durability of the ea3 plastic in the losi. It really is a toss up.

Is this on a bumpy dirt track or a smooth clay track????
Old 08-26-2008, 05:56 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

low/med traction clay/soil mix. Relatively smooth.

Tamiya 419x/Associated TC7.1/Sanwa M12s/Xpert servos
d16dcoe45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave2 View Post
well considering the fact that these are all opnions but ive heard that the t4 has more sterring or it stears better throught a corner and ive read arcticals that the xxxt beat the t4 overall but my choice would be the xxxt because that is what i own but this winter i want to try the new black box edition t4 and see what its like but if i was you i would try them both and see what works out for you but the parts avalibilty is just about the same for both truck just about everywhere carrys losi and associated but its totally up to you on what you want to buy just my $.02
What is this black box edition T4 you speak of. I am very interested . I can't say as though I am in associated's inner circle so I have heard nothing about this.

Lenman
Lenman73 is offline   Reply With Quote