R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Caster Score truck coming soon! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/238323-caster-score-truck-coming-soon.html)

hakmazter 08-21-2008 08:18 AM

Caster Score truck coming soon!

Short Course Off Road Experiment

or

Serious Caster Off Road Experiment

or Caster's Corr truck....

http://casterracingusa.com/files/SCORE/scoread1.png

JDCrow 08-21-2008 08:54 AM

Since you posted this in the Electric Thread.............:sneaky:

Im just saying......inquiring minds will want to know.

haulin79 08-21-2008 09:38 AM

From the Caster USA forum, it's based on their Fusion EX-1 Electric 1/8 buggy:
http://casterracingusa.com/files/fus...ruck%20035.jpg

http://casterracingusa.com/files/fus...ruck%20033.jpg

DARKWAV 08-21-2008 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by JDCrow (Post 4760641)
Since you posted this in the Electric Thread.............:sneaky:

Im just saying......inquiring minds will want to know.

Yeah I've seen it mentioned that it will be available in electric and nitro and 2WD and 4WD. I really like the clean, keep-it-simple layout of their 1/8 electric buggy so I suspect this will be similar.

Have to say I'm really happy with the direction off-road r/c is headed. A brushless 1/8 electric CORR truck is exactly what I have been waiting for, and I would really prefer a fully supported kit from a manufacturer than have to peice together a conversion. You never really know if those companies providing conversion kits will still be around a year later to continue to support the product.

I definately wish Caster racing much success with these products because yeah I'm thinking I'm going to want one and be able to keep it running well into the future.

fantomas 08-21-2008 06:38 PM

Wow mega sized pictures

Very nice.. I would rather have a electric version.. Maybe AE will do the same

hakmazter 08-21-2008 08:36 PM

Yeah, size those down some! That is funny as those are the original prototype pics that we sent overseas and said "build this"

Sorry Traxxas for borrowing your body for the pics.....Just had to show scale...

Right now we are deciding if we should add a cage or not. I think the plastic one by AE is awesome, but we are thinking maybe an aluminum one that is unfortunately a little less realistic, but more durable. The slash doesn't have a cage, but it isn't nearly as fast.... but truggies don't have cages.....see the dilemma? Weight vs cost vs durability. The plus side is that no matter what, ae and caster will be much more durable just because of the platform. I need to see a slayer in real life as I know they are different in setup than the slash...

Either way, the hope is a new racing class is formed with all the speed and handling of the 1/8 scales, yet the realism of the trucks. I noticed that the slayer and the sc8 are using the same concept for wheels/tires. Hopefully there can be a spec wheel/tire category. I am not sure if we will go to the trouble of making them since we can just call Panther or proline. I bet they would probably be interested in making a combo for everyone...

hakmazter 08-21-2008 08:55 PM

and those pics were representing a cheap way to do wheels/tires and getting "the look" and not completely redoing the hubs, etc.... That was long before the SC8 came out....It looked rediculous with the regular buggy wheels on it. Totally loses scale realism and I am against that.....

I saw that a main is thinking October 1 for AE. I think we are shooting for November. Either way, race season 2009 will be awesome!

We are from Iowa and we are trying to make the best products at the best prices. There have been massive changes in the past year and we are now very happy with the results. Please support us and of course, dealer/distributor inquiries wanted and good team drivers wanted....

avrcguy 08-21-2008 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by hakmazter (Post 4762686)
... I need to see a slayer in real life as I know they are different in setup than the slash...

Hobby Haven had one on display today. Pretty cool looking.

DARKWAV 08-21-2008 11:55 PM

Right now we are deciding if we should add a cage or not. I think the plastic one by AE is awesome, but we are thinking maybe an aluminum one that is unfortunately a little less realistic, but more durable.

The slash doesn't have a cage, but it isn't nearly as fast.... but truggies don't have cages.....see the dilemma? Weight vs cost vs durability.

I think the cage on the SC8 sets the bar, adding a level of both realistic detail and protection and sets it apart from its buggy and truggy siblings. It's cool that you can look into the cab through the window openings and see a realistic cage. Maybe a very simple cage for basic protection with just a few extra crossmembers in the more visible areas to give the impression of a realistic cage would get the job done.

hakmazter 08-22-2008 12:58 PM

I agree 100%. They did a phenominal job with it. Hats off to traxxas for getting the idea to stick and hats off to AE for taking it to the next level....

dravengary 08-22-2008 01:50 PM

HOLY BIG PICTURES BATMAN !!!!!!!!!

tom_chang79 08-22-2008 02:05 PM

I think those pictures are to scale! 1:1...

oldschoolracer 08-22-2008 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by DARKWAV (Post 4763180)
I think the cage on the SC8 sets the bar, adding a level of both realistic detail and protection and sets it apart from its buggy and truggy siblings. It's cool that you can look into the cab through the window openings and see a realistic cage. Maybe a very simple cage for basic protection with just a few extra crossmembers in the more visible areas to give the impression of a realistic cage would get the job done.

Unless your plans include keeping it as a shelfqueen I don't see how you'll be able to appreciate it at 30mph let alone it does nothing for the performance of the truck. Considering the weight of a typical nitro AE will problably sell cages faster than they can make them.

OTE_TheMissile 08-22-2008 02:30 PM

Right now we are deciding if we should add a cage or not.

Plastic cage please! :D

haulin79 08-22-2008 03:00 PM

+1...Plastic Cage