R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-02-2003, 12:52 AM   #106
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i really only raced at pasadenas trophy races last year mainly i was at JRs and even then i started mid season

next year there will be another offroad track in the area after dougs finishes their track

they used to have one at the hobby store in waldorf a few years ago but it was closed by the county (i think)

now they have gotten permission to build it back and it should be nice if the onroad track there is any indication

maybe next year mark and jimmy can get together and organize a multi-track point series or something

i bet mark would be happy to not have to run he races every week (thanks mark)
Old 10-02-2003, 06:11 AM   #107
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

KC, u gonna race this weekend down at Dougs? Last race of the point series!! U gotta show up so we can have a grand battle finalle!
eltorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 06:49 PM   #108
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Javier I will be there, Hopefully we can have a race like last weekend, and maybe Russ will show up, Hopefully this time I wont have to make 4 pit stops!!! Right now my buggy is in pieces, have to start putting it back together, made a few changes. Jason from what I have heard Dougs in Waldorf is just buliding a test track, not being made for racing, If you ask me thats stupid.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:09 PM   #109
Tech Elite

where did you hear that about the track KC

i wouldnt doubt thats true

i dont understand what or why jimmy doesnt seem to care more about racing

it seems to me that us racers are the ones who buy the stuff that keeps the stores open

oh well only time will tell whats it truely will become

im very close to going to the store to get my mst-1 back so i can put it on ebay

that way i wont have to wait 6 months for the stuff i want to actually be ordered

i can get the money quicker and spend it anywhere i feel like

it really starting to sound like its the only plan that makes any sense

unfortunatly it involves me getting my butt down there to reclaim my stuff which means i cant be lazy any more

i just cant do it to myself anymore i go in there and order something then 2 weeks later when they still dont have it because they never ordered it and they finally get around to it i have to wait a couple more weeks for it to get there

i keep telling myself to not order stuff from there but then i go in there and forget

i need to hook up with s+j hobbies i think

or maybe just mail order everything
Old 10-03-2003, 05:36 PM   #110
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Jason I agree us racers I think keep them going, I mean I think we spend the most money on parts hop ups and engines, that stuff gets expensive. I wouldnt want to add up how much I and others have spent there. What are you going to be racing in the winter months? Javier told me about the track in Waldorf
Old 10-03-2003, 08:22 PM   #111
Tech Elite

if i can sell my mst-1 and my t-maxx before it gets too late in the indoor season i will probably get a xxx-s g+ and race 1 or 2 weeks a month at mimis

but more than likely i will not be able to sell anything untill too late and i will be left with no racing to do between the end of october and next years outdoor season

i also kinda want to get another touring sedan

i still like offroad far better but if i ran some onroad i could get into all the serious shit talking

there are some racers out there i would really like to beat but since i am not racing against them it is impossible

javier is the one who said there wasnt going to be any racing at the new offroad track huh? i wonder who told him

you are aware however that in the early stages at dougs 2 there track wasnt going to be for racing either if i remember correctly

and as far as us racers keeping the hobby store open the way i see it if he doesnt care why should we from now on i will have absolutely no guilt when i buy something somewhere other than there in fact i may even rub his face in it a little and maybe he will start to realize hes missing out not me

i havent gone to pick up the truck from him though im just too fucking lazy maybe i will get some extra time tommorrow i want to go up there anyway to catch some of the onroad trophy race

plus i also realize that i had him send in 3 hitec servos for repair and if i stop going there i will lose my servos but he has pissed me off and he has lost some business from me anyway
Old 10-03-2003, 10:13 PM   #112
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I talked to the Waldorf store and they pretty much said that the track was getting built and that was as far as they know. I also mentioned to Doug about racing and the track but he did not go into a lot of detail. Then the person who runs the races down at Doug's 2 told me twice that the track up at waldorf will be to provide a place for play to those customers that frequent that area.

How much of this is true or not I dont know. Pretty much hearsay. Only time will tell. If the track up at Waldorf is built better than Doug's 2 and considering that Doug's 1 is easier to get to for the DC area people, it will have a much stronger showing than Doug's 2. Plus the system up at waldorf supports personal transponders.

The track down at Doug's 2 is fun but it needs some major redoing to fix the lack of drainage. And on top of that it is out of the way for most of the racers in the area.
eltorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 04:42 PM   #113
Tech Master

Location: Time to put down the Golf clubs and poker chips and GO RACIN!
Send a message via AIM to Bigtbone

Who races at dougs 2? what classes?
Bigtbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 07:07 PM   #114
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Hey Big t, at dougs two we race 1/10th truck, gas and electric, 4wd buggy, gas and electric, and if there is enough people to run a class, which is three people, then whatever they have also, and t maxx. The season has just ended but you can still go out there and bash around. If you need anything else ask away.
Brian Miskolczi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 07:42 AM   #115
Tech Elite

Ski-i dont think i will be able to go to pasadena this weekend, jus too many things to get done and not enough time to do it.But i will be going for the trophy race.

KC-are you goin to go to the trophy race??? Let me kmow if your goin.
Brian Miskolczi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 10:49 AM   #116
Tech Elite

KC- Give me a call next week sometime and we can work out how we are goin to get up there, unless my dad wants to come and watch i wont need a ride.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:32 PM   #117
Tech Initiate

Brian- are you talking about the 19th? Last series race is the 19th and the trophy race is on the 25th.
jswinkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 05:11 PM   #118
Tech Elite

Ski- yes, this weekend i wont be able to go to pasadena, but i will be there on the 25th for the trophy race. Keep me posted as to what your doing, i think i may go to dougs tomorrow and burn some fuel, they are having a big sale for columbus day so i think i will stop by around noon and do some testing.Let me know if you want to go and bash also.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:30 PM   #119
Tech Initiate

brian - sounds like a plan if it don't rain
jswinkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 07:33 PM   #120
Tech Elite

Ski- ok see you there weather permiting
KC- hey man, need to get you to cut some coms for me, let me know, or maybe stop by the shop tomorrow around 1230 ish and we cant talk if your not busy. peace