Wiki Posts
Search

The "How much is My Car worth thread"

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default The "How much is My Car worth thread"

If this has already been done, which i bet it has, but i could not find it- Please just delete or let die, and please direct me to the other thread. Thanks.

I have a RC18t All alluminum ETC MAMBA'd OUT... really nice, looking for how much its worth.

Pic-

Old 08-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

They can both be fun.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lou...-bluebook.html
Old 08-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Whatever someone else is willing to give you for it.

Seriously.

For me aluminum hop ups, do dads, and what not don't even register on my willing to buy scale. I typically don't won't pay for them if buying something used. I don't care what they cost you.

Other people love all the hop ups and will pay premium dollar for them as long as they are in great condition and still costing them less than if they had to go buy them new.

Take a look around. A lot of RC stuff is selling very cheap or not selling at all because of the economy. Unless you are selling a mainstream race vehicle expect to get very little for it if anybody is willing to buy it at all. Not many people spending extra money on "extras" right now that they don't need.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Lord

Once you break the factory seal its depreciated 10%. Sad really, once you disturb the enclosed product it is worth less, hard to figure.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

$150 or so I'd say.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It' worthless....pay the shipping and send it to me!......J/K very nice rig you have there!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Lord

If you want some tips you should prep it for viewing. Clean it real nice and clean the white on the wheels dope the tires lightly. Set the battery off to the side as an extra or with out. Same with motor. The more revealing the kit is the better. Presentation is the key to selling it. List all things done inside and out and all that comes with it.
WD40 all the plastic sell it for what it can be most all know the difference.
Honesty will go far when it comes to the history of the kits wear. As long as some one feels it was taken care of they wont mind that it got run as hard as they plan to.
Just my perspective I'm sure others can chime in. From looking at the pics its been run pretty hard and possibly maintained as if its not broke don't fix it.
Not that there's any thing wrong with that but it wont bring any extra money to the sale. One thing you can count on is there's always a buyer no matter the price.

Btw..Both sides front and back would be nice. Some one may wonder why there's not more pics?
Lots of shady deals out there.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Suspended

hi tyler
Old 08-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Btw..Both sides front and back would be nice. Some one may wonder why there's not more pics?
+1, Take lots of pics. People will ask for them anyway.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am wondering what my mini baja is worth also.

It comes with: mini-baja with only 15 runs on it, Orion Baja motor that NEEDS new brushes (the brush part fell off) Losi 1100mAh 6 cell battery, Mini-Peak 1 hour and 5 hour chargers, but I kinda destroyed 1 paddle tire in a boiling pan. It comes with a brand new steering servo never installed (losi mini-t/b, but it cost me $20!) I want to get $50 or $60 shipped for it. Would that be a fiar price?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Whatever it's worth, clean it and it's worth double.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:09 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
I am wondering what my mini baja is worth also.

It comes with: mini-baja with only 15 runs on it, Orion Baja motor that NEEDS new brushes (the brush part fell off) Losi 1100mAh 6 cell battery, Mini-Peak 1 hour and 5 hour chargers, but I kinda destroyed 1 paddle tire in a boiling pan. It comes with a brand new steering servo never installed (losi mini-t/b, but it cost me $20!) I want to get $50 or $60 shipped for it. Would that be a fiar price?
Clean it up and put it on here for an appraisal. My rule of thumb as a buyer is I will never pay more than half of what I would buy it new. That's a total for all in the sale.
If I pay more than that it will be because of the sellers supposed honesty and the manner in which they sell and present the product.
And I like communication and a phone # when I buy some thing.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm haveing trouble selling this and I'm not sure why.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ler-parts.html
Old 08-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING
I'm haveing trouble selling this and I'm not sure why.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ler-parts.html
Near a month to. ????????????
This is a great example of how to present your kit. Not sure why its not sold its priced right. I would have to guess when winter racing starts up it will be gone in a jiff.?
Well lit and close up pics clean and ready to go if buyer chose to just run as is.
Buggies I think are prone to sell slow to.
I would say hit every site possible and sign on and put it in there BST.
use your email as a contact so you don't have to browse them all checking for PMs. Its work. Also local tracks and shops if they will let you put it in there shops. Give them 10%.

Looks great.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
If you want some tips you should prep it for viewing. Clean it real nice and clean the white on the wheels dope the tires lightly. Set the battery off to the side as an extra or with out. Same with motor. The more revealing the kit is the better. Presentation is the key to selling it. List all things done inside and out and all that comes with it.
WD40 all the plastic sell it for what it can be most all know the difference.
Honesty will go far when it comes to the history of the kits wear. As long as some one feels it was taken care of they wont mind that it got run as hard as they plan to.
Just my perspective I'm sure others can chime in. From looking at the pics its been run pretty hard and possibly maintained as if its not broke don't fix it.
Not that there's any thing wrong with that but it wont bring any extra money to the sale. One thing you can count on is there's always a buyer no matter the price.

CLEAN IT!!!!!!!!!!! Youre always going to get a higher price for clean car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.