Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roar Region 8 off road champs

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

philb- Thank you for popping on here to address this dilemma, and also for the professional manner you have made your approach. A definite answer as Cam has pointed out so we can make arrangements for the race would be awesome.

Dawn - I'm afraid you may have picked up some wrong information on brushless motors and ESC's, especially in the slot less/sensorless category. To continue sharing this information and/or making future decisions based on this information would be highly unprofessional for someone of your statue. I would be more than happy to take this off the forums and assist. Please do not take offense as we are at times all have been mistaken, and I say this int he most constuctive, polite way possible.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I've ran castle stuf in the 1/18 oval class and had a blast, but when I went to go BL in TC and Off-road I took the time to see what was legal, as most tracks and races use ROAR rules as a guidline. I know of a lot of people that run the Castle systems and the main reason they did was COST, it is cheaper plain and simple. But most of them are locals that will never goto an event, so they are fine, and most of them understand they bought a illegal system when they did. I have sold many Castle systems in my shop, but I made shure they understood what they were buying, a great econimical system that is not legal for event races!! For those who are complaining thats what you get for not thinking ahead. And of course I allowed them in Mod, but like I said most racers that have them are not your event type of racers and the event racers I had have know problem with the Illegal systems running against them, as it has been said before, it takes skills and set-up to win!!
Old 08-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Default PhilB posting here, borrowing a login

If I am the one to OK it,YES, run what you want in mod.

Do I agree with online petitioning to make an illegal item usable,NO

Why should ALL the other mfg's spend time and money to get their products approved, just have a bunch of racers go online and protest for what they want.

ROAR sets the rules in attempt to keep things standardized for mfg's and racers alike. Not a perfect system but there are rules for mod, it is not an "open" anything goes class. Asking ROAR to set rules to suit a minority of mfg's over the majority seems quite unlikely. I hope that ROAR and Castle can work things out, a quality product that is also affordable is a good thing.

Phil B
Old 08-14-2008, 04:47 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HobbyPLEX
If I am the one to OK it,YES, run what you want in mod.

Do I agree with online petitioning to make an illegal item usable,NO

Why should ALL the other mfg's spend time and money to get their products approved, just have a bunch of racers go online and protest for what they want.

ROAR sets the rules in attempt to keep things standardized for mfg's and racers alike. Not a perfect system but there are rules for mod, it is not an "open" anything goes class. Asking ROAR to set rules to suit a minority of mfg's over the majority seems quite unlikely. I hope that ROAR and Castle can work things out, a quality product that is also affordable is a good thing.

Phil B
Not sure Castle was a minority. Only because they don't have pro brand name racers or a large ROAR affiliate backing them don't make them a minority. ROAR had to take Novak and LRP because of all the pros racing for these companies, Novaks affiliation with Losi and LRP's affiliation with Associated. So that leaves Tekin and Castle as the odd man out. I wonder how new companies get into the click. It surely don't look like a fair system to me and I'm many other racers.

Another thing is mod is not an open class then how do guys get away with running parts on cars that are not available to the general public. How is that any different.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Philb - It sounds like a yes to castle. I have a brushed motors if I need to switch, please understand that racers were only asking if they were to be legal or not, some said they would not race they the would not be allowed at this race. I'm sorry it seemed like a petition. Being a team driver for caste it is up to me to promote castle products and do well this them. I hope castle and roar work things out, until then I have to ask the question.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

sasquatch the answer is no!!!!

and before you start ssshhhhhhhiiii

zipit
Old 08-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is anyone else getting tired of this Wyd guy.

Can you name one part that could possibly be on mine, or Tony B's or Cody's, or David's or Mack's buggy or truck that is somehow something nobody else can get?

This argument that you are making is like a broken record from all the other anti roar threads over the years.

A couple years ago Trinity was the big evil corporation pulling the strings of the shadow ROAR government. And now its Novak and LRP? Really?

Give me a break.

This thread has gotten so stupid and it makes us all look like a bunch of monkeys.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Castle will be allowed even though they are not legal. For this race case closed...time to move on.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

dave no leaving now........

we have the popcorn............whos next

i know what shock oil is illegal???

any cars painted RED is not legal to run at regionals
Old 08-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

you cant waer sandles at a roar event. LOL
Old 08-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
So, lets get this straight... you want a motor legal for this event, that I can't see where its been sanctioned or listed on the ROAR website as a Regional event and preventing any date conflicts... but you want a motor legal that
Alright. I have another set of ?s

If this isn't an actual ROAR sanctioned event....Why do we have to pay a ROAR weekend pass then? Whats that money for? Who gets that money and why?
Theres no hand-out stock motors to be had so??...
Wouldn't this just be another non-sanctioned trophy race then? Just wondering, why?
Old 08-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Now I know I'm not going.

Chad O
Old 08-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Mod is mod, who cares if it is roar legal or not... Run mod...stock, 13.5, 17.5 or whatever all that bs is is gay and bastardized all to hell. The only motors Roar should even be remotely concerned about is the stock 27turn outdated paper weights. Stock was cool in its day, but now the only thing that matters is run the fastest sheeet you can control and go racing.

Go Castle, I don't even own one yet, but they definitely know who Novak is brown nosin. lol

Ok back to packing for a RC Pro race where no one cares if your motor is wound forward or backward, it is only how fast you get around the track.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

GO FAST AND TRY NOT TO CRASH!

See what stock has done to racing. Throw in the motor your trying to make your stock motor be, and go racing.

With out a governing body like ROAR we are playing with toys. I think roar should remember they are here for the racers. Not the manufacturer. With out the racer, no ROAR.

If the racers want castle in the mod class they should allow it. Stock should simply be a spec motor hand out. If your speedo wont work then run a speedo that will and swap the hand out from manufacturer to manufacturer race to race.
Good luck with this thread, it should be deleted.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Hey Dover, I'm a wildcat fan.

Originally Posted by theDover
Alright. I have another set of ?s

If this isn't an actual ROAR sanctioned event....Why do we have to pay a ROAR weekend pass then? Whats that money for? Who gets that money and why?
Theres no hand-out stock motors to be had so??...
Wouldn't this just be another non-sanctioned trophy race then? Just wondering, why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.