Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Roar Region 8 off road champs >

Roar Region 8 off road champs

Roar Region 8 off road champs

Old 08-09-2008, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

ya 4 drivers from 1 state alone all runnin castle what does this tell ya about the amount of racers this race could stand to loose. i understand the stock rules must be kept tight but cmon man this is a mod class we are talking about.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

And another about 3 or 4 just from Topeka KS
Old 08-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charly71
ya 4 drivers from 1 state alone all runnin castle what does this tell ya about the amount of racers this race could stand to loose. i understand the stock rules must be kept tight but cmon man this is a mod class we are talking about.
Just from one track...
Old 08-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

This debate of Castle Motors is getting to be absolutely rediculous. I'm down with the "Mod is Mod" aspect but no one here knows exactly where Castle vs. ROAR stands on why they are illegal. No one here is fessing up to fault on why its not legalized either. This is a very popular product which most Region 8 racers have purchased and Alberico's last post/point is exactly right.

Last year no one said a damn thing about it and away the event went, no harm no foul. What should make this race any different. Same Location and Host so?... Where was this last year? Why now? This motor DOES NOT have an unfair advantage performance wise, size, or weight. This has been a wonderful product to us here in Region 8 and it's even better to say.....
-We are all supporting a local product as well-.

Last edited by theDover; 08-10-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

We should have just not said anything, and just raced as we always do.

But now the cat's out of the bag, I guess.

Nobody at this race will care. It's only ROAR (because they have to enforce their own rules) and a select few cry baby whistle blowers that would ever say anything.

I asked for clarification of where things stand, and what needs to be done to get them listed in the rules. But no replies yet.

just finger pointing
Old 08-09-2008, 08:31 PM
J_P
Tech Addict

It's no ones fault but your own. If you thought you would be at a ROAR event. You shouldn't have bought it. I suggest you sit this one out. And race the next non-ROAR event in your area.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:44 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J_P
It's no ones fault but your own. If you thought you would be at a ROAR event. You shouldn't have bought it. I suggest you sit this one out. And race the next non-ROAR event in your area.
Yes you shouldn't have bought it from your local hobbyshop that sells them and has a track. When the out of town guys leave after one race who is left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait the Castle racers that have been racing at the local track all year and not just one race that they where just f%^& at. I'm sure that helps out the track owner when those guys go elsewhere or just don't come back. Apparently the shop owner sells these because they sell well and sales keep him in business. Without the locals the track wouldn't exist.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J_P
Like I said.. for me, a ROAR race that matters comes around only once every year or two.

It's sad that putting a ROAR tag on an event immediately hurts the turnout.

I will sit this one out if I have to. It's not just me... it's a lot of racers that will sit out. That's just awesome, for an hobby that's trying to not die.

But... we can all go race and have fun, if ROAR decides it's cool with them. They wrote the rulebook, and make changes all the time... they just need to do it again to include Castle and Tekin.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Yes you shouldn't have bought it from your local hobbyshop that sells them and has a track. When the out of town guys leave after one race who is left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait the Castle racers that have been racing at the local track all year and not just one race that they where just f%^& at. I'm sure that helps out the track owner when those guys go elsewhere or just don't come back. Apparently the shop owner sells these because they sell well and sales keep him in business. Without the locals the track wouldn't exist.

Very well said!
Old 08-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Once again, why would you want to punish every other motor company that took the time and effort to play within the rules. That sends a great message for getting things done for the future.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
Once again, why would you want to punish every other motor company that took the time and effort to play within the rules. That sends a great message for getting things done for the future.
Was every other mfg punished when ROAR made new rules and welcomed the Novak system?

Every nimh battery mfg punished when ROAR made new rules for lithium polymer batteries?

When they allowed the new design endbell motors from Checkpoint and Orion????

Rules get updated all the time....
Old 08-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

[QUOTE=glassdoctor;4725935]Was every other mfg punished when ROAR made new rules and welcomed the Novak system?

Every nimh battery mfg punished when ROAR made new rules for lithium polymer batteries?

When they allowed the new design endbell motors from Checkpoint and Orion????QUOTE]

The rules were never changed to allow Orion or Checkpoint in Modified. Those endbells, though way different than what we were used to, were within the rules all along, and they still aren't allowed in stock.

I don't see how the battery argument fits, since battery companies have to keep thier lipos within the rules listed.

Sensorless motors are allowed in modified, so it's not like only Novak is welcomed in.

Has anyone found out if Castle motors have even been submitted? Nobody has come on here to say why they're not on the list. I'd like to know.

I really hope a deviation is allowed. Castle makes a lot of cool stuff, and its really cool that they are located so close, and they do support many local events. Even though it looks like I won't be able to go I'd like to see Billy get a huge turnout again.

It just bothers me when people get on here and accuse all sorts of underhanded things about Roar, and even Novak, since I know many of these people personally, and have been the director and had some really silly stuff thrown my way about the rules. There is a process to follow with this stuff, it just needs to be followed up on.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:56 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

[QUOTE=FroBoy;4725995]
Originally Posted by glassdoctor
Was every other mfg punished when ROAR made new rules and welcomed the Novak system?

When they allowed the new design endbell motors from Checkpoint and Orion????QUOTE]

The rules were never changed to allow Orion or Checkpoint in Modified. Those endbells, though way different than what we were used to, were within the rules all along, and they still aren't allowed in stock.

I don't see how the battery argument fits, since battery companies have to keep thier lipos within the rules listed.

Sensorless motors are allowed in modified, so it's not like only Novak is welcomed in.

Has anyone found out if Castle motors have even been submitted? Nobody has come on here to say why they're not on the list. I'd like to know.

I really hope a deviation is allowed. Castle makes a lot of cool stuff, and its really cool that they are located so close, and they do support many local events. Even though it looks like I won't be able to go I'd like to see Billy get a huge turnout again.

It just bothers me when people get on here and accuse all sorts of underhanded things about Roar, and even Novak, since I know many of these people personally, and have been the director and had some really silly stuff thrown my way about the rules. There is a process to follow with this stuff, it just needs to be followed up on.
Well FroBoy I race for Castle and talk to them once a week. I talked to the reps from Castle that where suppose to go to meetings but somehow where convienently left out. Talk to whoever but ROAR would never of let Castle/Tekin make the rules when Novak/LRP sponsor most of the pros that race.

If Castle dominated 1/10th racing like they do 1/18th scale we would see a huge difference in how the rules where done.

If your an organization and you are a visitor at a local track you shouldn't be chasing customers away that support the track well after your gone!!!!!!!!!!!! Are track had a ROAR race and all it did was cost the locals extra in enty fees and need to waste money on a one day ROAR membership all to race at a track they have run at for many over 20 years. Then they are gone as fast as they blew in. If guys that used Castle products wouldn't of race it would of cast the track 20 entries plus at 20 bucks each and then the ROAR 1 day membership. So tell me please how this helps a track becasue I'm lost on this one.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Then maybe we shouldn't have a regional at all in our region. Just make it a non-roar race like it usually is and be done with it.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

+1

What I meant by the lipos is that ROAR had to create lipo rules to fit the new and different kind of battery.... and now has a list of approved lipos.

I think the same could be done for a new and different kind of motor. Yes, it's brushless, but it's not a novak style motor. So make new rules for the Tekin/Castle style??

Might be time to dig out the motor lathe... glad I kept a couple Revolutions

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.