Search
Like Tree36Likes

MRO Inspire 4

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 08:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default MRO Inspire 4

Apologies in advance (for any perceived vagueness) but I'm trying to find info on a 4WD 1/10th buggy (not a major brand) that has had a few teaser pics on FB late last year; but ihe trail seems to have gone stone cold...yes i did "follow"
the posts but can't seem to find it in my FB "follows" for some reason.
Just curious about new buggies (with variations on old designs) and had been anticipating a full reveal sometime soon (or I might have missed it?)
All that I can remember was that it had lay-down shocks (like the Predator ?)... I think it did anyway.... LOST in the woods ....
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.

Last edited by 1/8 IC Fan; 03-08-2019 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Did you mean the Inspire buggy? Details here on oOple;

INSPIRE4 1/10th 4wd buggy - oOple.com Forums
aspiringracer likes this.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thats it ! Thanks Badger
Old 10-23-2019, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I wonder if he knows about the Traxxas/Arrma lawsuit...

Also, link to Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inspire4/mro-racing-inspire4
Cain and Sir 51D3WAYS like this.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:04 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jakesterama
I wonder if he knows about the Traxxas/Arrma lawsuit...

Also, link to Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...acing-inspire4
yeah I am curious myself how his design avoids that issue.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the Traxxas/Arrma lawsuit mean that ANY pushrod/bellcrank type inboard suspension are not allowed to be used by other manufacturers? Cos I distinctly remember Tamiya using it...

Even more, I'm worried because I want one of these *VERY* much.....
rippen likes this.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:48 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cain
yeah I am curious myself how his design avoids that issue.
the market avoids it, the arrma and traxxas one is over bashing. lets not forget traxxas are bullys at this, just copyright everything and nail everyone who even thinks about copying a design(to be fair the Revo design is actually pretty bad even for a MT/muggy kinda thing)
They have no real "love" for RC other than money, be ok if they made decent cars other than the trx series.
rippen and mx836 like this.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sir 51D3WAYS
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the Traxxas/Arrma lawsuit mean that ANY pushrod/bellcrank type inboard suspension are not allowed to be used by other manufacturers? Cos I distinctly remember Tamiya using it...

Even more, I'm worried because I want one of these *VERY* much.....
I'm not a lawyer, I just like reading legal documents for some unknown reason...

Here is the (design) patent for the suspension: https://patents.google.com/patent/USD567886?oq=D567886
Here is the best version of the Texas Court multi patent complaint I've found online: https://insight.rpxcorp.com/litigati...ments/12064367
Not pertinent to the suspension design discussion, but here is a good history on what became the primary patent battle: https://portal.unifiedpatents.com/pt.../IPR2018-00010
Here is the best version of the outcome I've found online (pdf warning): http://upshotservices.s3.amazonaws.c...a103b57b2a.pdf

Again, I'm not a lawyer, and this case is difficult to follow. In the complaint, Traxxas hit Hobbico with a shotgun spread of infringement claims. Then during the battle, Hobbico filed for bankruptcy, which further complicated things. In the settlement documentation, the patent they seem to be chiefly concerned about is "Protective enclosure for model vehicle" https://patents.google.com/patent/US8982541B1/en . So to me, the status of 'ownership' of cantilevered suspension is still up in the air. Traxxas's patent is a design patent, which is very different than a utility patent, and typically easier to design around. If I was the lawyer on the case defending against infringement on D567886, I would just show the Schumacher Top Cat from 1988 as prior art https://www.rcscrapyard.net/schumacher-top-cat.htm and full scale cantilevered vehicle suspensions from even earlier. Hopefully the judge would see that Traxxas's design is neither new, nor non-obvious and nullify the patent.
rippen likes this.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:26 AM
Tech Legend

so what is up next for this vehicle?
Old 12-06-2019, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

so what is up next for this vehicle?
Speaking to the designer a few weeks back, even though the Kickstarter wasn’t successful, he still has plans to get it so people can buy one.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:34 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by John Myall
Speaking to the designer a few weeks back, even though the Kickstarter wasn’t successful, he still has plans to get it so people can buy one.
Sounds good. Hopefully the price isn't too high so he can get an install base going.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Sounds good. Hopefully the price isn't too high so he can get an install base going.
What pricing would you consider to be ball park for a Elite 4wd buggy such as this? Recall pricing of the TD Dex410, or the Schumacher K2 or even early on XB4 or ZX6.6 . Most manufacturers have brought pricing down to accommodate and compete with one other Taiwanese based American company . But that companies product never stays in stock form , even from day of purchase usually. So why try to compete with a unicorn such as that? A unique, advanced high line buggy may have a elevated price tag. Some may agree with it, some may not. I look at cost to own and compete. If your buggy costs 429.99 and needs 200.00 in optional parts then the price tag scoots on up that tier. People forget about all the $15-$30.00 parts invested into their rig along the way upgrading and chasing the carrot. Maybe the inspire4 will have the options in the kit, needing very little or nothing at all. We shall see.
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:03 AM
Tech Champion

^ It might be cheaper than you think. Mr.O does 3D print some of the components. This may drive the price down.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Unfortunately we may never find out because his Kickstarter campaign to raise the money to get molds and things made failed. Hopefully he can find other way to make it happen
Old 12-09-2019, 01:39 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
What pricing would you consider to be ball park for a Elite 4wd buggy such as this? Recall pricing of the TD Dex410, or the Schumacher K2 or even early on XB4 or ZX6.6 . Most manufacturers have brought pricing down to accommodate and compete with one other Taiwanese based American company . But that companies product never stays in stock form , even from day of purchase usually. So why try to compete with a unicorn such as that? A unique, advanced high line buggy may have a elevated price tag. Some may agree with it, some may not. I look at cost to own and compete. If your buggy costs 429.99 and needs 200.00 in optional parts then the price tag scoots on up that tier. People forget about all the $15-$30.00 parts invested into their rig along the way upgrading and chasing the carrot. Maybe the inspire4 will have the options in the kit, needing very little or nothing at all. We shall see.
For what I I would consider the ball-park price, it will be relative to:

- What you actually are getting in the kit
- What will actually get people to buy the kit

I have heard it said before that you know, you can sell a cheeseburger for 1 million dollars, or sell a million of them for $1, it all comes down to what you think will actually happen. You will have people willing to pay an exotic price for things, but if you goal is so you are not reliant on those far and few between people, you will want to offer something of "perceived value" at a minimum, especially to get people off of the fence to try something completely new and most likely without a big local support base. And if you are new to the game, you really have to push that to get basically "butts in the seats".

As it sits, seems like a variety of 1/10 4wd buggies have been flirting with operation "500 dollar" lately as a consistent price point it seems. If this buggy came with all the items that one would feel would be "required", I would say price it so you come either at or below what is considering a high end kit right now, get an install base going, and then you can look into getting that price up if warranted. No one can really see the benefits if no one owns the vehicle, so having that first happen is to me what is going to matter most. Work from that mindset and price accordingly.

The main guy behind this is really nice to talk to, hope it works out for him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.