Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tekno Conversions Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoese37
Bodies designed to fit the Losi work best.
Can you PLEASE tell me what LOSI Tuggy buggy body fits. Then I can figure out what others are equal 3rd party bodies fit.
Cheers,
Mac
Old 05-14-2015, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ANY body designed to fit the losi truck will work, albeit the Losi, JC Punisher, Proline Bulldog.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:00 AM
Tech Adept

Questions?? D8Te conversion?

Originally Posted by MX304
Anyone have trouble with the Tenkno drive shaft couplers? I just built a D8Te and I cannot keep the front coupler attached to the front diff pinion. I have tightened it to the point of breaking the tip off my MIP driver, used Locktite etc. and it just won't stay put. The setscrew does not try to loosen to the point of falling out, but the coupler slides back and lets the pinion start moving in and out of the diff case under breaking / acceleration. The last time it happened, it stripped the teeth off the ring and pinion. I have thought about trying to drill and tap the coupler so I can use the next size bigger set screw.
Hi MX304,
I am building the same D8Te conversion. Can you please tell me what body you used? Thanks in advance for your advice.
Cheers,
Mac
Old 06-15-2015, 03:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Originally Posted by t3gt
Finally getting to run my RC8.2e/Tekno V4!!

LOVE IT!!

https://youtu.be/_H-tar4YpHM

What set up changes did you need to do on the Rc8.2 after adding the tekno conversion if any?
Old 06-15-2015, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MacMcGarrigle
Hi MX304,
I am building the same D8Te conversion. Can you please tell me what body you used? Thanks in advance for your advice.
Cheers,
Mac
Gee Mac, I guess you can't find any love anywhere...

I think all the conversions were the same width SO IF ANYONE FOUND A SNUG FITTING TRUGGY BODY FOR ANY TEKNO CONVERSION, PLEASE LET MAC KNOW.

Every conversion I have seen, they had always been running the factory body FWIW.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sofa King
Gee Mac, I guess you can't find any love anywhere...

I think all the conversions were the same width SO IF ANYONE FOUND A SNUG FITTING TRUGGY BODY FOR ANY TEKNO CONVERSION, PLEASE LET MAC KNOW.

Every conversion I have seen, they had always been running the factory body FWIW.
Thanks for the help out here Sofa King. I drive at a very dusty track so running the body without being closed in IMOA is crazy. Plan B is to try to retrofit the original running boards. Plan C is to buy a 3D printer...
Someone has to have done this before?
Thanks to anyone that can help ahead to time.
Cheers,
Mac
Old 01-28-2016, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hello fellow race car driver's. How many of you converted the Hotbodies D8 to tekno v4 electric? (i agree if you say that was quite a while ago) What was liked about that car compared to what you may be driving now?
Old 01-30-2016, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith B
Hello fellow race car driver's. How many of you converted the Hotbodies D8 to tekno v4 electric? (i agree if you say that was quite a while ago) What was liked about that car compared to what you may be driving now?
I've got a Tekno converted D8. It was better than the Losi 2.0 Tekno conversion I had but then I got a Losi 3.0 and it blows the D8 away. At this point Tekno D8s are worth so little its not even worth trying to sell it - I'm just using it as a basher.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith B
I had a D8 Tekno V4 with the Hara rear suspension, it was on par with ANY ebuggy made today, I think it actually turned quicker. Sold it to a guy at the track who dominated with it against MBX7 eco's, Kyosho MP9e's, etc... I think it even handled better than Tekno's own dedicated ebuggy the EB48.? The great thing about the D8 conversion, is that there is a TON of parts for it on ebay because the D8 platform shares front and rear parts with the Ve8, Vorza, HPI Apache, and a D812 can use the D8 conversion with a little modification, as well as a D815. I missed it so much, I bought another converted D8 for cheap and made a nice basher bug out of it. I was lucky enough to get all the parts needed for a V4 kit to convert a Kyosho MP9 Tki4 and am in the process of finishing that up I think the Tekno V4 conversion is better than Kyosho's own MP9e. I really wish Tekno would keep making the kit, sadly, it was discontinued, probably so it wouldn't compete with the EB48.

Old 10-09-2016, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)
Default Tekno Conversions

That's a cool setup.

I had two different versions of the Tekno for the Losi 8, the original and the V3. When the V4 came out I bought a D8 Hara and converted it. I ran it for a few years until I bought a Losi 8 3.0.

I felt the D8 conversion was better than the V3 Tekno but I think the 8 3.0 is better (for me at least) than the D8 Tekno. I still have the D8 Tekno and still play with it on the track, but it is not my race car. When I retired the Losi Tekno conversions from off-road racing I repurposed the chassis into a 1/8th scale Electric Late Model (oval car)

I too was disappointed that Tekno discontinued their conversion kits. Especially when I noticed the front center CVD joint on my Tekno D8 was about worn through and no more were available. I was about to make a custom length bone when they apparently found a few more in the warehouse and sold them on A-Main (I bought 2). I figured no one was going to pay anything significant for my Tekno D8 so I might as well keep it to play with and then meant I needed the front center CVD bones.

I also have a 1/8 GT car (on road) that is based on a Losi V4 Tekno conversion.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Newest Tekno V4 conversion project. Kyosho Tki4 (converted 3) with Losi SCBE body and Tekno V4 kit. Still in progress, need to paint panels, paint drivers, polish shocks, install lights, install electronics.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Looks really awesome!
Old 11-13-2016, 08:18 PM
Tech Rookie

really cool cars, i love the pictures on this thread!
Old 11-13-2016, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Got my Tekno V4 Tki3 painted and stickered. Still waiting on the wing

Old 01-12-2017, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.