Tekno Conversions Thread >

Tekno Conversions Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Tekno Conversions Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tortillathehun
does anyone have any input on this?? It would be much appreciated.
I was told to turn it on its side and I can now fit all my wires including a tele temp sensor. Running a sr3300T on its side.

That receiver in the link sucks... I bought that radio and purchased 3 extra receivers for it and after a while each receiver would lose signal strenght. Eventually getting down to no more than 50' from me. I purchased the 6 channel one for the same radio and they do the same thing after a while. I've been told its hit or miss with those.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

ohh side ways... huh i never would have thought thanks man. and yeah im just considering a flysky transmitter/ receiver combo... thanks for the input.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ronsand
This is what I currently run on my Mugen MBX6 Tekno V4. It has excellent handling and I am really please with it.
Hey Ronsand, i notice you are running very different shock oils front to rear. Any reason for this? or is that just whats in the pit box? If it works, great! just seems quite unusual.

Last edited by Nogas; 08-29-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:51 AM
Tech Regular

The car has quite a bit of weight forward compared to the nitro MBX6 and it also has the chassis extended.

This setup is what I have found to be working best om my dusty and bumpy home track. I have ordered the softer 1.5/8.5 rear spring and will test that next.

I have also considered testing slightly less rear anti-squat and then up the rear oils slightly again (32.5-35)

Attached are a few pictures from right after the conversion.
Attached Thumbnails Tekno Conversions Thread-sam_0191.jpg   Tekno Conversions Thread-sam_0187.jpg   Tekno Conversions Thread-sam_0186.jpg  
Old 08-30-2011, 05:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Nice! Its not something i would ever think to try but if it works, then it might be worth a try. I run on a fast bumpy track and i'm running 8.0 / 450 in the front and 8.5 / 400 in the rear. I was running heavier oil in my old set up but i think the new springs suit a lighter oil.

I like your super low slung slipstream. Any pics from a higher angle? i'm interested to see how you've trimmed it around the front end. I am running a slipstream and would like to lower it a bit but i imagine it wouldn't leave much of the front end???
Old 08-30-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nogas
Hey Ronsand, i notice you are running very different shock oils front to rear. Any reason for this? or is that just whats in the pit box? If it works, great! just seems quite unusual.
I found the same thing as Ronsand, If you run similar oil up front as a nitro setup the front bottoms too easily everywhere. I landed on 40wt, meduim spring F/32.5, Xsoft spring R and the car is nicely balanced on the track.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

With a bit of creative trimming I got it is as low as it gets. Not very difficult but take your time as it is very easy to take away material, but difficult to add it again

The standard body mounts have been removed and it is fastened with Velcro.

I didn't have any real good pictures from above, but these ones should help.
Attached Thumbnails Tekno Conversions Thread-sam_0193.jpg   Tekno Conversions Thread-sam_0194.jpg   Tekno Conversions Thread-sam_0195.jpg  
Old 08-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ROAR 1/8th Electric Nats

Hey everyone,

We'll be attending the ROAR 1/8th Electric Nats next week. If you're in the area or even if not, think about making the trip to Omaha, NE. It's nothing but 1/8th Electric and it's a lot of fun. We took 2nd place last year and we're going to try to take the win this year if we can. Come out and see us if you can.

http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=313
Old 08-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknorc
Hey everyone,

We'll be attending the ROAR 1/8th Electric Nats next week. If you're in the area or even if not, think about making the trip to Omaha, NE. It's nothing but 1/8th Electric and it's a lot of fun. We took 2nd place last year and we're going to try to take the win this year if we can. Come out and see us if you can.

http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=313

good luck danny! and hope all you guys do great and especially scott! lol!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Tekno V4 Brushless Kit for the JQ Car are now available for pre-order at A Main Hobbies. We're still a couple months out, but get your order in early to ensure the fastest delivery.

Will you make this motor mount for the other conversions ? I'm wanting to mill the chassis thickness at 3mm to try a softer chassis. But i need a motor mount attached to the center diff to avoid gearing problems...

By the way, last week end i saw a mbx6 tekno chassis used with an Xray (xb8 i think), the driver told me it's a direct fit !
Old 08-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Losi 2.0 BullDog Body Custom Painted. Fits Tekno converted buggies.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post9594385
Old 09-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Took my tekno V4 hara d8 out of town this weekend for its maiden voyage, love the kit but the pin in my rear short dogbone comes out after each battery pack. Ill be at the enats next week in omaha, any chance you guys will have some replacement parts? Im thinking the od of the hole is a few thousandths to big allowing it to work itself out.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SebLeLoch
Will you make this motor mount for the other conversions ? I'm wanting to mill the chassis thickness at 3mm to try a softer chassis. But i need a motor mount attached to the center diff to avoid gearing problems...

By the way, last week end i saw a mbx6 tekno chassis used with an Xray (xb8 i think), the driver told me it's a direct fit !
Not sure if we'll make others like this. We'll see.

I'd like to hear more about the Xray. Do you have any pics or more info by any chance. A build thread would be awesome. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC
Took my tekno V4 hara d8 out of town this weekend for its maiden voyage, love the kit but the pin in my rear short dogbone comes out after each battery pack. Ill be at the enats next week in omaha, any chance you guys will have some replacement parts? Im thinking the od of the hole is a few thousandths to big allowing it to work itself out.
Hi, this is now a known issue (defective). It seems it is only the last batch of D8 kits that are affected, but we have been replacing any driveshafts where the pin falls out. We'll have spares with us in Nebraska. I don't think there's time to send it before with the holiday on Monday. Come up and say hi and we'll have it for you. We'll be there Thursday morning, but we're probably stopping by the track Wednesday night. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Hi, this is now a known issue (defective). It seems it is only the last batch of D8 kits that are affected, but we have been replacing any driveshafts where the pin falls out. We'll have spares with us in Nebraska. I don't think there's time to send it before with the holiday on Monday. Come up and say hi and we'll have it for you. We'll be there Thursday morning, but we're probably stopping by the track Wednesday night. Thanks.
Sounds good, see ya there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.