Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Rod Hobbies -ROAR NATS

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
I missed it. What was the deal with the false start? Tebo not ready for the main????
Tebo was not ready for the last of the triple A-Main and 2 seconds before the race started Frank Root false started in order to buy Tebo more time to get to the starting grid. He took one for the team. Good move Frank!

Tebo was able to get onto the grid just in time for the second start. It was not disclosed what the hold up was for Tebo.

BTW great live coverage of the race LiveRC!!!

What's up with NO mention of this race on RedRC.net??????
Old 08-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

They just posted a story about Dakota Phend taking three super stock titles. They seem to focus more on the touring cars though, lately.

Last edited by kdeselms; 08-19-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jimmy Babcock
I had a hard line put in for the nationals. It was wired right to the tower. He had more access than just 1 air card.
You and the rest of the crew did a fantastic job. I still don't see how you guys can put up with "us" but you do it over and over.

Now you just need to move HRH to San Diego and I will be more than happy!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Brian....it was great having you at the race. You have always been a great guy and it was a pleasure to have you around! Hope you had fun and hope to see you again soon!!!!

Thanks Kevin.......I saw you watching your mains from home on Sunday? Why did you leave? It was great having you around for the short time! See you soon!
Old 08-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Had 2 ESC failures on Sat morning, missed a few heats and was relegated to the Q mains I think.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MustGoFaster
Tebo was not ready for the last of the triple A-Main and 2 seconds before the race started Frank Root false started in order to buy Tebo more time to get to the starting grid. He took one for the team. Good move Frank!

Tebo was able to get onto the grid just in time for the second start. It was not disclosed what the hold up was for Tebo.
Tebo broke on arm on the first warm up lap on the triple and he and his dad ran back to the pits to fix it.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

We really enjoyed our first visit to Hot Rod Hobbies. The track, Jimmy, Canyon, the Hot Rod Crew, the RMT and Tech Girls were all awesome! Our family really enjoyed watching Live RC too. We hope we are able to come back and race at Hot Rod again soon.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Great driving man! Did you bring any cup cakes? I bet it is something in those cup cakes!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Found this vid on youtube
Old 08-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Regional Moderator

Default pictures from the nat's

500 or so pictures from the nat's. Most of the racing. Lot's of picts of A-main starts and of the first few corners.
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o...view=slideshow

PS, Thank you Jimmy and crew great place to race. Fun times at the cart track. Plenty of sun and fun.. T.R.C.R crew in da house.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by James Y

Unfortunately, at this point its the only coverage of the Race on YouTube... I think most of us would love to see the Mod A-Mains over and over again... especially the Maifield-Cavalieri battle in 4WD! It would be nice if the LiveRC feeds could be Recorded somehow and later even downloaded by those who missed the action Live.... It would be a great feature and benefit for Bonus Lap Members... that's for sure!
Old 08-20-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by STEALTH

Unfortunately, at this point its the only coverage of the Race on YouTube... I think most of us would love to see the Mod A-Mains over and over again... especially the Maifield-Cavalieri battle in 4WD! It would be nice if the LiveRC feeds could be Recorded somehow and later even downloaded by those who missed the action Live.... It would be a great feature and benefit for Bonus Lap Members... that's for sure!
That feature is coming soon. I was hoping to get that done before this race, but I just ran out of time to get it all done in time.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
Great driving man! Did you bring any cup cakes? I bet it is something in those cup cakes!
Just cookies and candy. Cupcakes wouldn't fit in our luggage! LOL
Old 08-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I just wanted to give a big thanks to Jimmy, the HRH Crew, and the RMT for a great event. I definately got the big California race expirience I was looking for!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde
Scott, please get the facts before you post dumb comments like this. The second the site went down, Canyon let me know and I was working on it right away, even foregoing needed work on my cars like mounting fresh tires. A sector of the hard drive went bad, and it was out of my hands to fix. All I could do is call our data center and request immediate service to have our backup drive put in place. Considering the issue, the 75 minute downtime could have been worse. Audio and video never stopped unless you closed the window because they are on a different server.

I know things are not flawless, but I am doing everything possible to improve it at every race. Only 2 races this year have had issues out of the 18 races we covered, so to say it always happens isn't true. We have never had the same issue happen twice. While I would love to have 5 times the server power and redundancy, unless I charge $250 a person this is not yet feasible. For the worlds, there will be no expenses spared so we should be OK for that. In the meantime, we are doing everything we can to keep things going as smoothly as possible.

The reason we could not go live before Friday is because the cameras we had shipped to the ROAR Oval Nationals did not arrive back to Hot Rod Hobbies until Thursday afternoon, so by the time they were mounted and hooked up practice was over with.

To all those who have posted the nice comments, thank you very much for the support and kind words. It goes a long way to hear that after reading comments like the one above.

Congrats to Ryan, Ryan and Dakotah for another awesome performance!

Brandon,
Maybe I flew off the handle alittle bit with the "Always" comment but, you have to understand that as a paying customer I dont care about the behind the scenes problems, I care about the end product and how it gets to me, so you should have the backups ready incase of a problem. If I remember correctly I helped you roll stuff up at Cactus while you were working on your truck.I'm not trying to stir anything up here and am sorry how it came out the first time. I still subscribe to LiveRC becouse it is a great service when you cant be there,I was a little pissed it was down for 2hrs during the mains.

I hope things are better for the upcoming 1/8 worlds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.