R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-03-2008, 01:22 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchy View Post
Ah, it's gonna get busy in here. All his screen names have been released from suspension...
Ahhh...I spoke too soon

Hey, how many times can one get suspended before their login gets banned? Not that he doesn't have plenty of others to use...
Old 08-03-2008, 03:15 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket-mtrsprts View Post
I don't know what makes you think you're better than me, but to keep in the spirit of things I've Reported you for reporting me.
Wow...that's odd...because it doesn't appear that it was effective, does it? That's probably what got that ID suspended again. Now you're down to...what...5 more?
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 04:42 AM   #33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCRat Send a message via Skype™ to RCRat

Wow...everyone is just sooo nice here!!

RCRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:20 AM   #34
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
Reported.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket-mtrsprts View Post
I don't know what makes you think you're better than me, but to keep in the spirit of things I've Reported you for reporting me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
Wow...that's odd...because it doesn't appear that it was effective, does it? That's probably what got that ID suspended again. Now you're down to...what...5 more?
i really wonder why some of you can't learn to play nice
pretty soon it'll just be the 3 of you jacking with each other as everyone else tires of the games your playing
Old 08-03-2008, 08:44 AM   #35
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
i really wonder why some of you can't learn to play nice
pretty soon it'll just be the 3 of you jacking with each other as everyone else tires of the games your playing
There are 3 types of people in the world,

Those that can count and those that can't!!

But for real, this is all started by Rocket.

Did you read his first post in this thread?

"If you have to ask, I'd suggest you're in over your head in this hobby."

He sure is helpfull!!! and you can be sure that Turbo is not the first one to report him

It is nice to see that a guy who actually cares about this site, how others are treated and takes the time to do something about it is jumped on by others.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:56 AM   #36
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallard View Post
There are 3 types of people in the world,

Those that can count and those that can't!!

But for real, this is all started by Rocket.

Did you read his first post in this thread?

"If you have to ask, I'd suggest you're in over your head in this hobby."

He sure is helpfull!!! and you can be sure that Turbo is not the first one to report him

It is nice to see that a guy who actually cares about this site, how others are treated and takes the time to do something about it is jumped on by others.
i really don't think going around turbo's tattling like a child is covered under the rules of "being helpful" any more than rocket giving what some might consider a nice answer and I don't think its his job to go around policing the board either.
why can't people just leave each other alone and if they see something they don't like (as long as its not a direct rule violation - cursing, argumentative, etc) just move along and ignore it?
Old 08-03-2008, 09:25 AM   #37
Tech Regular

It is not if you think Rockets comment was mean (Which I do) or not.

The OP posted if "anyone had tried these tires out yet?"

How does rockets comment have anything to do with that?
He is a Troll that is just stirring the pot, turning off new members and has nothing positive to say about anything.

Maybe you are a stand around and do nothing type of person, I am not!!!

You say just ignore him, then why do you care what we say or do, just ignore me too!!!

Now I will get down off my soap box and quit cloggin up this thread.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #38
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVRC View Post
Has anyone tried these out yet on their Slash?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJH62&P=X
I haven't seen those ran but I got to drive a guys truck with these on it.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUWD6&P=7

They won't fit the original wheels and were slightly taller than stock ( 4.5" compared to 4.37) but they were hooked up.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:12 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

To the OP, yes they'll probably fit on the Slash rims, but if the stock tires rub a little, then the Sledgehammer tires will rub even more. I think they look like they'd be good on a soft, loamy dirt surface though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
i really don't think going around turbo's tattling like a child is covered under the rules of "being helpful" any more than rocket giving what some might consider a nice answer and I don't think its his job to go around policing the board either.
why can't people just leave each other alone and if they see something they don't like (as long as its not a direct rule violation - cursing, argumentative, etc) just move along and ignore it?
Let's pretend for a second that you're not rocket-mtrsprts using another screen name to defend himself (which is another matter entirely).

How is "If you have to ask, I'd suggest you're in over your head in this hobby" a nice answer? It's the condescending, sarcastic and insulting posts that irk the rest of us, especially when it's directed at someone who is using this board to get information, however basic or not.

Most people decide to ignore the comments and that's great, but frankly, I'm getting sick of them, and it's decreasing my own and others' enjoyment of this board. I'm not only talking about this post, but many others where rocket insists on belittling people with his sarcasm. Furthermore, he gets all crazy when he sees beginners giving other beginners advice, as if he's one of the only ones allowed to do so given his experience, high post count or whatever.

Perhaps he is not swearing or even being "argumentative," but he is being insulting, which IS a violation, otherwise, why would he get suspended so much? Why would other members take their time to fire back or report him?

Truth is oxymoron, rocket-mtrsprts, rocketrob40, oldschoolracer, whether the same person or not, obviously have a lot of experience in R/C and a lot of knowledge to share and could be helpful.

If only he could do it in a copacetic, and dare I say......... friendly, manner??
Old 08-03-2008, 07:01 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCRat Send a message via Skype™ to RCRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallard View Post
I haven't seen those ran but I got to drive a guys truck with these on it.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUWD6&P=7

They won't fit the original wheels and were slightly taller than stock ( 4.5" compared to 4.37) but they were hooked up.
Those look pretty cool. I was just wondering because everyone is saying that the stock tires don't grip very well. BUT, I don't think I will change them because then I won't be stock anymore.

Yes, I've been attacked by rocketrob40 before and it almost made me leave this forum altogether, but I couldn't find one that was better!
RCRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #41
Tech Master

.if everyone just put rocket-retard on ignore.......done..no more issues....
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
.if everyone just put rocket-retard on ignore.......done..no more issues....
That doesn't fix the issue. That just ignores the issue and he is free to run off all the new guys because none of us will be seeing his insults to the new guys.

To contribute:

Track surface has everything to do with how well tires hook up first and foremost. The stock slash tires are great on our track surface which is typically a damp surface with soft loamy dust on top of it. I'd say it's just under a "medium" traction track.

One thing you have to consider with the slash is the amount of chassis roll they have. Typically where you need traction the most is in the corners. A lot of guys are running -3 to -6 degrees of camber to help keep as much tire in contact with the ground as possible in the corners.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:00 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Those would not fit the slash rims.Slash uses 1.9 iam pretty sure.If you look at some of the rock crawling sites you could find diff 1.9 tires to fit the slash rims.But those tire are for sure the MB tires.Eve if you did get them to work there are hard as a rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdsupra88 View Post
That's what she said...

I always find myself running mine in sand and gravel, these would work great for what I do...
c'mon, anyone?