Wiki Posts
Search

Model Shops In Las Vegas???

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 04:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Model Shops In Las Vegas???

Hey there people,

I live in the UK and am travelling to Las Vegas in a couple of weeks time for a very well earned break.

I was wondering if there are any good model shops in Las Vegas that are worth hunting out by a UK Associated B44 driver to visit and hopefully pick up some bits and pieces to bolt onto his 'baby'.

Cheers!!!

AP
Old 07-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

AP, sorry to say Las Vegas has to be the worst US city for supporting R/C cars. There is a Hobby Town with Traxxas parts, two Hobby People's with no parts and a pretty good 1/8th scale shop out in Boulder City, 35 minutes from the strip. The only place that MIGHT have something you need is a family run store called Dansey's. Their phone number is 702-453-RACE. (They used to race a long time but haven't for years)

I'm sure you will enjoy your time here but there is not much going on here as far as electric racing. If you need any help when you get here, give me a call. My phone number is 702-510-5577. My email is [email protected]. I will be glad to help you out.

Cheers, my friend from across the ocean!
Old 07-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the information!!! You're a star!!!

Cheers dude!!!!

AP
Old 07-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

That sucks!!!

Years ago (Maybe 10 ) when I was in Vegas for the cactus classic at Western R/C, the hobbytown was full of cool stuff.

I shipped my stuff out and the one thing that didn't arrive was my radio, so I thought no problem time to get a new radio. Western only had a few so I checked the phone book, found the Hobbytown and headed down.

I wanted a new airtronics 3PS, they had one and when I asked if they might have a couple different channels to choose from they took me to the back and they had every channel in 27Mhz and almost all in 75Mhz.

They also had tons of kits and the biggest case of motors I have ever seen.

Guess when me and my wife visit next year I might have to check out the other shops?
Old 07-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default 8

Danseys never fails to amaze me...he has stuff for everything in his store and can get anything I ever need for any of my rc's...check him out...