R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2008, 12:12 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
 
simply fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 21
Default good story

ok, this past sunday, as i went down to my garage to get ready for a day at oc/rc, ii found that someone left a trinity traveling bag with a T4 box, (no note, nothing)
all in all i found:
XX-T (with all burnt up electronics, tires/wheels, and NO TRANNY, no body)
random T4 parts
old black widow charger
radio and reciever w/ servo
random little un-adjustable chargers
old losi buggy tires with brand new square fuzzies
brand new T4 tires and wheels
buggy grip
car smells like buggy grip (so/cal status)
its missing a few things, like a front skid plate, a few mportant screws, and last but not least, a tranny, so i put on a rpm T4 front skid plate, found stronger screws for most of the car, and modded the back end to fit in my old T4 tranny. ill bring it up to the 6th round at the jbrl and get some track time with it. Would a XXX-T body fit?
__________________
....
simply fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:40 AM   #2
Tech Master
 
jla8874's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,042
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

You must have a neighbor that sees you outside playing with your stuff and decided you might could make some use of his old stuff?
jla8874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:08 AM   #3
Tech Regular
 
xtremelimits285's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hudson, FL
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to xtremelimits285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply fast View Post
ok, this past sunday, as i went down to my garage to get ready for a day at oc/rc, ii found that someone left a trinity traveling bag with a T4 box, (no note, nothing)
all in all i found:
XX-T (with all burnt up electronics, tires/wheels, and NO TRANNY, no body)
random T4 parts
old black widow charger
radio and reciever w/ servo
random little un-adjustable chargers
old losi buggy tires with brand new square fuzzies
brand new T4 tires and wheels
buggy grip
car smells like buggy grip (so/cal status)
its missing a few things, like a front skid plate, a few mportant screws, and last but not least, a tranny, so i put on a rpm T4 front skid plate, found stronger screws for most of the car, and modded the back end to fit in my old T4 tranny. ill bring it up to the 6th round at the jbrl and get some track time with it. Would a XXX-T body fit?

Your good story sound like a nightmare to me if it was my stuff i left/forgot...

Now this is what id do, go back too the track an leave a note with what u found - ask for the person if he wants it back, if he does, ask only questions the owner would know, how old some parts are mite look, same for truck, everything.. At the very least, u could ask for a $30 or so reward for finding it..

Now id jusrt give it back, but thats me.
__________________
Gary Antonietti
Losi Eight T - Monster Mamba v2 - Neu 1515 1y/f - Hyperion 4s 6500mah - Futaba 2.4GHz Tx/Rx 6EX - Futaba S9351 Servo - 14/46t Gearing
- www.rc-monster.com - www.rcproductdesigns.com - www.teknorc.com - www.rclipos.com - www.teamlosi.com - www.castlecreations.com -
xtremelimits285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:29 AM   #4
Tech Initiate
 
simply fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 21
Default

Here's the thing, I don't know who left it in front of my garage. They obviously don't want it anymore. I wish I knew who did leave it randomly and purposely because I would see if they want it back because I fixed their car for them. And the whole car was just a mess so they really didn't care about it or want it.
__________________
....
simply fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:59 AM   #5
Tech Champion
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,820
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremelimits285 View Post
Your good story sound like a nightmare to me if it was my stuff i left/forgot...

Now this is what id do, go back too the track an leave a note with what u found - ask for the person if he wants it back, if he does, ask only questions the owner would know, how old some parts are mite look, same for truck, everything.. At the very least, u could ask for a $30 or so reward for finding it..

Now id jusrt give it back, but thats me.
Yo it was found in front of his garage !!! Not in a typical place to find a bunch of rc stuff LOL
__________________
Island Raceway & Hobby
Jason Pelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:00 AM   #6
Tech Master
 
jla8874's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,042
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Thats why I said it looks like someone who has seen you messing around with r/c cars and thought you could do something with the stuff. I highly doubt someone just misplaced it.
jla8874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:30 PM   #7
Tech Initiate
 
simply fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla8874 View Post
Thats why I said it looks like someone who has seen you messing around with r/c cars and thought you could do something with the stuff. I highly doubt someone just misplaced it.
what do you mean?
i leave stuff infront of random people's garages ALL the time, i really do need to stop that. the only time it was a good thing is when i left my hyper 8 somewhere
__________________
....
simply fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:56 PM   #8
Tech Master
 
jla8874's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,042
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

What do I mean? Go back and re-read what I said. It might be one of his NEIGHBORS, not a random person. Probably some OLD dude who was in to r/c 15-20 years ago when that stuff was new, and like I said, happened to notice this guy was in to r/c and decided to drop the stuff off there. Are you retarded or what? Why cant you understand that? Do you have a BETTER explanation as to why someone WHO'S IN TO R/C would a have a random bag of old r/c stuff dropped in front of his garage? Because if so I would REALLY like to hear it? So is it just an extraordinary coincidence?
jla8874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:58 PM   #9
Tech Initiate
 
simply fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 21
Default

i was being sarcastic, hahah, i agree with you 115% bro calmete. i know what your saying, i was just trying to lighten things up.
__________________
....
simply fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:33 AM   #10
Tech Master
 
jla8874's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,042
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Sorry. I'm more used to idiocy than sarcasm on rctech.
jla8874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:40 AM   #11
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 490
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

People get confused when they see your avatar.

Mmmmmmm
__________________
Andy
Subaru Brat - Sand Scorcher - Rising Storm - Wild Willy II - 1967 Beetle - F350 High Lift - Stampede - Rustler - XXX-SCT - Micro Baja - XX-CR - SC10RS - B4.1FT - S1
Drive what you want. Bash when you can, race to win , but do it all while having fun.
Jeckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sad story.......what bummer for this kid. rc_freak Nitro Off-Road 66 12-17-2007 10:48 PM
A story like no other! Promisingly good Read :) my Life tt01-demon Chat Lounge 2 08-04-2007 05:37 PM
Feel good story Boosta Chat Lounge 4 04-27-2007 05:03 PM
Ok So Here's The Story... TEXT Electric Off-Road 22 01-17-2007 05:41 PM
RC story juanfinesse Rookie Zone 13 12-17-2006 09:58 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:30 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net