R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 09-11-2008, 05:55 AM   #106
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

hey guys I have a few questions.

1 the goose bumps and double dees are these the green compound?

2. The race is supposed to be outside and there are only enough pits inside for 60 on a first come first serve basis. If it rains what will you do with the guys that didn't get a pit spot inside?

this is just something that i thought about it is better to have some kind of plan.

neil
nitro neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:19 AM   #107
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro neil View Post
hey guys I have a few questions.

1 the goose bumps and double dees are these the green compound?

2. The race is supposed to be outside and there are only enough pits inside for 60 on a first come first serve basis. If it rains what will you do with the guys that didn't get a pit spot inside?

this is just something that i thought about it is better to have some kind of plan.

neil
Yes green compound is what everyone is running. If it rains, we have two ideas about how to deal with it. One was to rent a real big tent for out in the parking lot, or we share a building with a hockey rink, we may be able to use that side of the building for indoor pits also. Not 100% sure which way we will go, we are waiting for the owner of the rink to let us know if we can use his side of the building or not.
REVO-Beat-U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #108
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

when will there be a determination if it will just be saturday racing or saturday and sunday
nitro neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #109
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Although i didnt send my registration in before the 13th. I'll be there and register friday. There is 9 of us coming from green bay area that i know of.
schmelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #110
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro neil View Post
when will there be a determination if it will just be saturday racing or saturday and sunday
It's going to be tough to determine because only about 1/3 of the people I have been told are coming have preregistered. I am expecting around 75 - 150 people and around 200+ entries total. But I have a real bad feeling we wont know the totals until Friday night before the race. We will do our best to be done Saturday. If we are outside we have some nice generator powered flood lights for the track so we should be able to turn the night into daytime and run till midnight if we need to. If the weather turns to crap and we are forced to run indoors, we will limit the heats to 8 drivers for marshal safety and that will create more heats to run, so that could prolong things to. But if that happens we have great lighting indoors so we could run all night if we wanted to. If I were betting on it, there is a very good chance we will be done Saturday so everyone can travel home Sunday, but be ready just in case something unforeseen happens and forces us into Sunday morning. In that case we hope to be done before noon so we can still get everyone home at a decent hour.

Thanks,

Keith
Old 09-13-2008, 08:08 AM   #111
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I say we run sunday triple a-mains. We are spending the night saturday regardless.
schmelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:32 AM   #112
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to B4wires2

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmelme View Post
I say we run sunday triple a-mains. We are spending the night saturday regardless.
I think the same way Schmelme, We are there anyways, why try to push things all in one day. I have the hotel room for the whole weekend. We are driving six hours away. I don't care if we race on Sunday. It makes it more fun that way.
B4wires2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:31 AM   #113
Tech Regular

Thanks for the input guys. We can discuss it on Friday night and Saturday morning with all the drivers and as a group we can all decide what everyone wants to do.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:51 PM   #114
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Not this weekend but the next

Guys not this weekend, but the next!
uncle everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #115
Tech Adept

If it helps you at all, Theres about 3 more people from Wisconsin that are planning to come.

Hey what is the super stock class? Is it gonna be 13.5 or 10.5 max? bc the flier says one thing but ROAR says another.
Rcdriver5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:37 PM   #116
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

We plan on getting there Fri. evening. Will there be any power provided outside for those that aren't able to pit inside?
My buddy and I don't own a generator.
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #117
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcdriver5 View Post
If it helps you at all, Theres about 3 more people from Wisconsin that are planning to come.

Hey what is the super stock class? Is it gonna be 13.5 or 10.5 max? bc the flier says one thing but ROAR says another.
Sounds like a good size group of cheese heads coming.....glad to hear it! This year ROAR allows 13.5 and 10.5 BL as Super Stock. Next year it is changing and 10.5 will be part of the mod class.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:33 PM   #118
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasupacat1 View Post
We plan on getting there Fri. evening. Will there be any power provided outside for those that aren't able to pit inside?
My buddy and I don't own a generator.
We have a few power lines running outside, but there will also be a bunch of generators out there to. I think the guys from the track plan on pitting outside so you can hook up to us if you would like. We should have plenty of juice to share. Just ask for Revo (aka Keith) when you get to the track.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:19 AM   #119
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

Will do.
Thanx Revo!
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:13 AM   #120
Tech Regular

Just a quick update as the race day draws near. We got 7 inches of rain last weekend in this area. We had the outdoor track covered with our tarp. It helped a great deal, but 7 inches of rain still gets everything wet, no way around it. As of last night the track looked like it was in great shape, but its still sticky and moist. Weather here for this week is low 70's and sunny all week, no rain in the forcast. Lets hope for another week just like this one next week, it would be perfect weather conditions.

We are in the process of expanding our indoor track this week. By the time of the ROAR race we should have a 100' X 40' indoor off-road track. So even if the weather next weekend turns bad, plenty of track to race on indoors. If we end up racing indoors, we will try to fit everyone inside the building to pit. Please make sure to bring a table and chairs for yourself just in case.