R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-30-2008, 08:36 PM   #91
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If I can find the time to go, can I get a roar membership out there?

*Team CFX Racing**Evil 3 Paint Works*
carbon madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:05 PM   #92
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon madness View Post
If I can find the time to go, can I get a roar membership out there?
You bet, ROAR memberships can be purchased at the track.
REVO-Beat-U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:08 PM   #93
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1armed1

Mike, you have a pm
1armed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:20 AM   #94
Tech Regular

Just wanted to give you all a quick update on preparation for the ROAR event. The entire outdoor track has been resurfaced with 3 - 4 inches of nice new clay. This stuff is premo! not a rock to be found in it anyplace, not even a pebble. Going to be playing with some layouts and new features until we get it dialed in. All I can say is be ready for a very fast track! Traction on this thing should be amazing in the next couple weeks. Got lots of fine tuning to get done still but we are well on our way to being ready for the big race.

New scoring tower is up and operational. It also has two sets of shelves around it for a pre-race staging and after race storage areas. The drivers stand has been raised another 8 inches in the air, so you should have a great view of the entire track. We will soon be adding a roof to the driver stand to finish it off. Trying to help keep the sun off of everyone while your up there driving, we will get it completed soon.

A few other comments for everyone here. Our original idea was to run 5 minute heats and 7 minute mains. ROAR suggests 5 minute heats and mains, but we can get the 7 minute mains if we request them. For simplicity and less confusion does anyone have a problem with just running all 5 minute races? I'm guessing the answer will be, just line us up and say go we will race as long as you let us race for.

Also, if everyone who says they are coming shows up we are going to have a very large group here for this race. Again pit space is limited and on a first come first serve basis. So please be ready to pit outside and bring a generator for power. I believe we have room inside for around 60 racers once its full we will all be outside. And to this point, if you plan on attending please get your registration forms in to us as soon as possible. Right now I anticipate a huge group of people showing up Friday and Saturday wanting to register for the race and ROAR membership. If this happens, it may delay the event start while we deal with all the registrations. So I encourage you to please get those pre-registration forms in before September 13th!

Right now I believe we will have groups from Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan attending the event. If you are planning on making the trip up, please post a quick "shout out" and let me know where you are coming from, the track you race at and how many people from there are coming with you so I can get an idea of head count. This will also help us determine if we will need to be racing on Sunday also.

Our sponsors are stepping up in a big way. We anticipate $3,000+ worth of give away products and gift certificates. We will be handing out raffle tickets as you sign in and during the event we will call out numbers for free give aways. We will also have a few prizes that will be raffled off during the day. Fantom Racing will have a booth set up in our parking lot to help anyone who needs it with setups, magnet zapping, and general product information. Sidetrax Hobby is planning on having tires, rims, and various parts on site for sale. If he does not have it at the race, his shop is only 5 minutes away if we need to run and get something. If we run into the evening we have a set of generator powered flood lights available to turn the dark to light, so evening hours are not a problem for racing. We will also have a small set of bleachers out by the track for people to sit in and watch the races. Everkept Waste Management will be providing us 20 or more garbage cans that will be available in the facility so you can help us keep our track looking great.

There are some big names in R/C racing on our list of attendees already. But there is a chance we will be graced by Michigan's own 2008 ROAR National Champion, Dakotah. He is trying to work out the details so he can make it over for the event. Everyone needs to get their game faces on for this race. It is going to be fast and competitive!

Thanks to all our sponsors, ROAR, the Fatal Impact Racing Club, Battle Front Gaming and R/C, and all of the races who will be attending this event. Good luck to you all and we are looking forward to hosting this event.

Just a note to everyone here, the correct address for the track is:

Battle Front Gaming and R/C
2605 Sanford Ave SW
Grandville, MI 49418
Phone: (616) 706-0391

The ROAR web site has the wrong address listed on their calender, please do not use that address for anything but mailing the entry forms in to. The correct address of the track is above.

Last edited by REVO-Beat-U; 08-31-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:17 PM   #95
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to B4wires2

I can't wait till that weekend! I have already booked a hotel room, and coming with a group of guys from J.J. Dirt Heaven in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Can't wait to race with all of you. It sounds like its going to be an exciting weekend. My brother, and I should be there by 2:00 A.M. on Friday morning. Plan on sleeping in the parking lot on Friday Morning.
B4wires2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:30 PM   #96
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotah97 View Post
Not sure if we can make it, and if we do it wouldn't be until Saturday morning, but I had a couple of questions.
I see all pre-registries are due by 9-13. Does this mean there is a late fee?
Will there be practice from 7am-9am before qualifying starts on Saturday for racers that couldn't make it on Friday?
And last, what type of tires do you recommend for the track?
Thanks in advance and hope we can make it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVO-Beat-U View Post
But I also hear the Holeshots work great to. I have a set I will try out this weekend to see if they are better than the Goosebumps for me.
Three rear tires seem to work excellent right now. When the track is dusty, goosebumps or double d's are hooking up great. When its moist the tire to go with is holeshots. If it gets to wet the holeshots load up with clay to much and its back to goosebumps.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:02 PM   #97
Tech Regular

kstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:50 PM   #98
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Zac R Send a message via MSN to Zac R

Roar membership paid for...Will be mailing out my entry form in a couple days

Also please keep us posted on what tires are working now that you guys added the Clay...Thanks

92zero Deisgns
Decals - Clothing - Pit boards - Wraps - Signs - Banners & More
Zac R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:09 AM   #99
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to scrubnick

Looks like I will be there. I'm sure I can convince some more people from this area to go as well. Any clue on how tire wear will be?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:09 AM   #100
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubnick View Post
Looks like I will be there. I'm sure I can convince some more people from this area to go as well. Any clue on how tire wear will be?
Tire wear has not been an issue on this track at all. I can run a set of Holeshots for a month and they still have traction left in them. This sufrace does not blue groove, its a hard pack clay but when its wet its soft and when its dry it hardens up, but it never turns to stone on us. Its a great mix of sand and clay that has proven to work for us. Gives you great traction when its moist and blown off, when its dusty you loose a bit, but its still decent in the worst conditions.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

This race gonna be run wet or dry?
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:42 PM   #102
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasupacat1 View Post
This race gonna be run wet or dry?
A happy medium is what we plan. The track runs best with some moisture in it, but we do not plan on watering unless its getting real dry. Our goal would be to blow the track off between each race, and water between rounds. But if the track starts to dry out to quick and blow out in spots, we will up the watering and continue to blow it off after each race. Its going to depend upon temperature, direct sun, humidity, all that stuff that goes into track condition. Going to be a race day decision, but I would hope to only have to water between rounds if we can get away with it. Blowing the track off between races though is a must, that helps the traction out in a big way.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:28 PM   #103
Tech Regular

bump
kstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #104
Tech Rookie

normflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #105
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Who is planning on going to this race?? Anyone in the region, it's been pretty quit on here??
cberg is offline   Reply With Quote