R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-10-2008, 02:18 PM   #46
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

My father would run the masters class, and the 1/8th scale class.

I am up for mod 2wd buggy and mod 4wd buggy.
trilerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:15 PM   #47
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4wires2 View Post
If you don't have a Roar membership. What is the one race deal fee?
You can get a one day/event membership for $15. You can sign up for it either prior to the event or the same day of the event.
REVO-Beat-U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:30 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

I would like to come up and race. I'll see if I can get some Summit guys to come up.
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:48 PM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
You guys in MI got it made. Plenty of racers around there. I cant think of 40 people that race electric in IN anymore.

Its just really hard for others in the region to make a race that starts at 9 am and with no practice.

I couldnt persuade you to say start at 2 pm on sat 3 quals. 9 am sun 1 qual and mains.
we had 71 entries last saturday and were 10 minutes from the state line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVO-Beat-U View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have had several people asking questions about different classes and exhibitions for this ROAR event. I spoke with ROAR about the questions I was asked and now I need to present this to everyone else to discuss. First I will make this disclaimer:

THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE FOR DISCUSSION PURPOSES ONLY, NO PLANS ARE BEING MADE TO CHANGE THE ROAR EVENT IN ANY WAY AT THIS TIME. THE PURPOSE OF THIS IS TO DETERMINE IF THERE IS ENOUGH INTEREST TO DISCUSS THIS FURTHER.

Topic 1: I was asked IF we have enough entries to support a masters class could we run one? The answer is yes ROAR has no problem with running a masters class if there are enough participants. Now the question to you, how many of you would want to run in a masters class?

Topic 2: I was asked several times if we could run an exhibition 1/8 scale electric 4WD buggy class? The answer is yes ROAR will allow this class if there is enough entries for it. I would also like to mention this can only be done if there are not a huge number of entries in the other classes. We need to be time sensitive. If we were to allow this exhibition class to run how many people would want to participate in it?

Please give your input on these topics and let me know if it is worth even considering either of these ideas. Thanks for your input.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilerian View Post
My father would run the masters class, and the 1/8th scale class.

I am up for mod 2wd buggy and mod 4wd buggy.
one master and one 1/8th ele buggy. anyone else?
Kings Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:14 PM   #50
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasupacat1 View Post
I would like to come up and race. I'll see if I can get some Summit guys to come up.
Great would love to have you guys show up. I know I keep hearing a bunch of talk about a good size group from Wisconsin coming for the event, and we already have some guys from Ohio signed up. I am making bets we get a large group from Michigan here also. I believe Joe Pillars from Team Orion will be here from Cali for it and several other sponsored drivers. We had a few of our guys down at CRCRC this weekend, so we might get some of them coming up here to. What I keep hearing people saying is they are going to get a group of guys and all car pool up to save travel costs. If you do that it makes it very affordable. Dont forget we have room for campers, tent might work out, but the ground is kind of rough in the grass areas. Plus we have a hotel that is offering racers a rate of $32+ tax per night. Cant beat that for a soft bed and warm shower. If anyone who is planning on coming up need any help with arrangements, just let me know, happy to help out.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:18 PM   #51
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Kid View Post
one master and one 1/8th ele buggy. anyone else?
I have several interested in the 1/8 electric buggy, we had a few out at the track today even. Please remember that the 1/8 buggy is just discussion right now. If we get 200+ entries its going to be hard pressed to find time to run a class of them and get the racing done at a decent hour. We will see how it goes, and we will most likely announce the status of 1/8th in early September once we have a decent idea of what the entry count is going to be. Our main ROAR approved classes need to be run first, exhibitions only if time allows.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #52
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
We have a good size group that will show up from Detroit which is 3 hours away. Got at least one from California that should be showing up to (you know who you are Mr. Pillars). We do have a cheap hotel for out of towners to stay at $32 a night. Get a couple guys to make the trip with you, always makes it easier to handle. Going to be a good time though thats for sure.

You could always take the car ferry over from Milwaukee to Muskegon. That only takes 1 hour 45 minute and then your only a 40 minute drive to get here!
can we have the info on this hotel?
kstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:35 PM   #53
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstarr View Post
can we have the info on this hotel?
The information is on the event entry form which can be downloaded at www.fatalimpactracing.com and here is the information for you on the hotel also:

Overnight accomodations are available at the Grandmark
Motel. 3300 28th Street SW Grandville, Michigan 49418
Phone: (616) 534-7641. A rate of $32 per night (before tax
and other fees) has been negotiated for anyone attending
this ROAR event. Reservations are strongly
recommended, make sure you mention the event to get the discount.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:40 PM   #54
Tech Regular

thank you and yes once we know for sure we are comin we will get the entry forms!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:08 AM   #55
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to chewiefttc4 Send a message via Yahoo to chewiefttc4

what kind of tires are we lookin at here ?

still undecided about stock or 19 turn
chewiefttc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:00 PM   #56
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiefttc4 View Post
what kind of tires are we lookin at here ?

still undecided about stock or 19 turn
I run on this track every week with my B4 and XXX-T CR truck. My B4 runs a Novak GTB 7.5 in it and my truck runs a GTB 6.5 in it. Front tires I would say bring your typical directional ribbed, they work most of the time. But if the track gets real dry or real wet, then the Panther Super Soft tires are THE tire to have for both buggy and truck on front.

For the rear, I run JConcept Goosebumps on both the truck and buggy, but if the track is not real wet I have guys telling me that Holeshots hook up sweet also (IFMAR Pins and Double D's work well also I am told).

If we have crap weather and run indoors, fronts stay the same but the rear needs Panther Switch Clay's. There is a hobby shop 2 miles from the track that stocks all these tires, so if you dont have something you can always get your hands on it easy. Hope this helps, if you have more questions let me know.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:49 PM   #57
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to B4wires2

Quote:
You can get a one day/event membership for $15. You can sign up for it either prior to the event or the same day of the event.
Thanks for the info. See you at the races.
B4wires2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:07 PM   #58
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4wires2 View Post
Thanks for the info. See you at the races.
No problem, looking forward to having all you guys out.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #59
Tech Regular

i'm going to do everything in my power to make it. and run masters truck just one question about masters stock or 19t. i have both just would get it ready.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:40 PM   #60
Tech Rookie

normflip is offline   Reply With Quote