R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-02-2008, 09:16 PM   #16
Super Moderator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Revo, I see pre-register is due by Sept 13th. I have a conflict, gotta see what I can do, is there any on site signup cut off determined?

Hey Devin, I think he's got ya with the Ferry thing. Boat ride and RC, that's a pretty good weekend. And you will still beat me there.

Joe of course you are right about Jason, but I suspect you aren't revealing all of your cards are you? I'll find out Wednesday night.

For everybody else, I don't know this track, but I sorta know Jason, and many of the other Michigan and some Ohio guys. A very good group, very competitive yet they still remember its all about having fun. Expect a good time for all. I know I'll be bummed if I can't make it!
Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:55 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
Revo, I see pre-register is due by Sept 13th. I have a conflict, gotta see what I can do, is there any on site signup cut off determined?

Hey Devin, I think he's got ya with the Ferry thing. Boat ride and RC, that's a pretty good weekend. And you will still beat me there.

Joe of course you are right about Jason, but I suspect you aren't revealing all of your cards are you? I'll find out Wednesday night.

For everybody else, I don't know this track, but I sorta know Jason, and many of the other Michigan and some Ohio guys. A very good group, very competitive yet they still remember its all about having fun. Expect a good time for all. I know I'll be bummed if I can't make it!
If you show up at our door by 8:30AM or so on Saturday morning and sign up, we will make sure you race. We want to get started on time is all, but we will work with everyone who wants to race to make sure it happens.

You could pretty much call this track Jason "Boatman" Jakubczyk and Kai Goff's home track. Throw in Joe Pillars who visits us a couple times a year, and a few of the sponsored guys from Detroit like Johnny LoGiudice and guys like Chuck Berg....and I know all those guys will be attending this race also. With them around better bring your A-Game. With Fantom Racing and Team Orion our primary sponsors, I can image that other members of both teams will also be there. Many of our regular guys run the MORL and Factory Track series, so its hard to find a slow guy around the track.

And yes you are correct with your statement about the Grand Rapids group remembering what this is all about. Our whole goal is to have fun, so expect a very laid back and relaxed atmosphere at the track for this race. Hope to see as many of you out for this race as possible.
REVO-Beat-U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVO-Beat-U View Post
You could always take the car ferry over from Milwaukee to Muskegon. That only takes 1 hour 45 minute and then your only a 40 minute drive to get here!
Great idea on the ferry....only problem is the $150+ for your car plus $120+ per person. I'll spend the extra 3 hours in the car.

Looks like a great facility. Hopefully we can gather some guys from Wisconsin to make the trip.

Deuce Drop Racing | Team Carbon | Chad Due Circle of Trust |
S & N Trackside | www.rcscoringpro.com | www.liverc.com |
Bodies by Buck or Sarah
McDonough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:23 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonough View Post
Great idea on the ferry....only problem is the $150+ for your car plus $120+ per person. I'll spend the extra 3 hours in the car.

Looks like a great facility. Hopefully we can gather some guys from Wisconsin to make the trip.
Ouch, I guess the price of fuel has driven that pricing through the roof to. It use to be affordable to use the ferry. I guess now days you have to decide how much money your time is worth.....Anyway, would be great to see you all out for the event if it can be arranged. Worst case senario, we would race until noon Sunday, so it still should get you home at a decent hour. No matter what the weather conditions are we WILL RACE. If it rains we will just race on our indoor track instead of outdoors. We do cover our outdoor track, so if it were to rain Friday the track would be ready to run on Saturday.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:48 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hmm, hour and a half North of me, I think I might make this. Couple of questions;

Could there be a master's class? Not sure on the Roar rules for this, just asking.
Would there be any interest in an 8th scale electric exhibition class?

If the answers to those questions are yes, I believe I could get a few more people to come from my track.
trilerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:46 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Hi Everyone,

Just two quick reminders for you all.

First, please do not forget to bring your ROAR cards with you to the race. It is your responsibility to provide and prove your ROAR membership. No card, no race unless you purchase a daily/event pass for $15. Sorry no accetptions.

Second, no matter what the weather conditions we will be racing. If it rains we can go indoors and run on that track. So weather is no excuse not to come and race with us.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:50 AM   #22
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilerian View Post
Hmm, hour and a half North of me, I think I might make this. Couple of questions;

Could there be a master's class? Not sure on the Roar rules for this, just asking.
Would there be any interest in an 8th scale electric exhibition class?

If the answers to those questions are yes, I believe I could get a few more people to come from my track.
Cant give you definate answers to either one of these questions currently. I would need to check with ROAR on a masters class, but I am thinking the answer will be no, but its worth asking about it anyway. There has been interest on other people part for the 1/8th electric, I can check on this also. I think that one might come down to how many entries we have and how many races we need to run. If we have 100+ entries, running an exhibition class might extend the racing to much and cause time constraints. But its worth asking the question. When I get answers I will let you know.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:51 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Quick question.....The flyer says that Friday is open practice but the first post says Friday is a race night. Anybody know about Friday?

Deuce Drop Racing | Team Carbon | Chad Due Circle of Trust |
S & N Trackside | www.rcscoringpro.com | www.liverc.com |
Bodies by Buck or Sarah
McDonough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:26 AM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:

I bet the ferry trip takes alot longer than 3 hrs with loading/unloading too. This could be a fun trip for us Wisco' racers.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #25
Tech Regular

Quote:
Quick question.....The flyer says that Friday is open practice but the first post says Friday is a race night. Anybody know about Friday?
Yes Friday is both a practice day and a race day. We will open the doors to the track at 12:00 noon and we will have open practice until 8:00PM. At 8:00PM we will run our Friday night under the lights race program from 8:00PM to 12:00 midnight. Everyone is welcome to run as much practice as they want or you can also run in the race program if you would like to. Hope that helps clear things up.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:53 AM   #26
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy

What is the difference between stock and super stock ?
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #27
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
What is the difference between stock and super stock ?
ROAR rules for 2008 have stock class as 27 turn brushed or 17.5 brushless motors and super stock is 19 turn brushed 13.5 and 10.5 brushless.

http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/brushlessmotors.php

Last edited by REVO-Beat-U; 08-05-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rdub202

27t****** not 17t brushed
_|MRC/Team Academy_|_www.modelrec.com|_
rdub202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #29
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVO-Beat-U View Post
ROAR rules for 2008 have stock class as 17 turn brushed or 17.5 brushless motors and super stock is 19 turn brushed 13.5 and 10.5 brushless.

http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/brushlessmotors.php
I never heard of a stock class running 17 turn motors .

Should be 27 turn , 24 degree motors .
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:27 AM   #30
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
I never heard of a stock class running 17 turn motors .

Should be 27 turn , 24 degree motors .
Your correct, my bad, typo on my part. Good catch, thanks.