R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 09-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #151
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVO-Beat-U View Post
Ok I have a good answer for this question now Neil. All of the Fantom motors and battery packs should be ROAR approved under the OEM rules of ROAR (meaning the products used by Fantom are built by other companies and the ROAR approvals from those other companies apply to the products Fantom sells).
Good. I will need to get one of those and try em out. will you be doing pre orders for these batteries and motors or is it first come first serve at the track. If you are taking pre orders for batteries save me one in grey.
Thanks, Neil
nitro neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:55 AM   #152
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle everett View Post
Can we run Mamba Max esc's?

After participating in several ROAR Events this year like the On-Road Regionals, 2 ROAR Nationals, ROAR Endorced events, ect it is my understanding that the ESCs are fine.

The GTB, LRP, ect have not been ROAR approved. It is my understanding that the brushless speedo is no different that your reciever or servo. None of those products need to be approved. However it is the motor that they care about and there are no Mamba motors that are approved.

Unless some new rule interfears, Mamba ESCs should be OK but you must couple them with a ROAR approved motor.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #153
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default THE EVENT

Just an FYI. The amount of the general give aways has more then doubled! If some guys are on the fence about coming, I'm all but certain they'll leave with something.

I believe all the stops have been pulled for this event!

Livlrge
Uncle E
uncle everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #154
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinR View Post
After participating in several ROAR Events this year like the On-Road Regionals, 2 ROAR Nationals, ROAR Endorced events, ect it is my understanding that the ESCs are fine.

The GTB, LRP, ect have not been ROAR approved. It is my understanding that the brushless speedo is no different that your reciever or servo. None of those products need to be approved. However it is the motor that they care about and there are no Mamba motors that are approved.

Unless some new rule interfears, Mamba ESCs should be OK but you must couple them with a ROAR approved motor.
Yes I believe you are dead on Dustin. Battery and Motor are the major items they keep an eye on. Im just glad we will have the Regional ROAR Director at our race, thats going to help clear up any and all confusion.
REVO-Beat-U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #155
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro neil View Post
Good. I will need to get one of those and try em out. will you be doing pre orders for these batteries and motors or is it first come first serve at the track. If you are taking pre orders for batteries save me one in grey.
Thanks, Neil
Its really first come first serve, but if I know someone wants something I will try to make sure I have it available for them. I know I have two of the 17.5 motors that people want already to. I will have the products at the track Friday and Saturday. Make sure to find Revo (Keith) as soon as you get there to get one.

I own three of the Fantom LiPo packs. I can assure you they are a very fast high power pack. They use the Intellect cells, so its not a cheap product.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #156
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Zac R Send a message via MSN to Zac R

Quote:
The Fantom packs are brand new, I will check with the owner to verify they have been submited for ROAR approval. I honestly dont know how the approvals for ROAR work (nor do I want to know) so I cant comment on the status of that, but I will check for you.

We have 25+ preregistered entries, but we are expecting 100+ racers from the sounds of it. If at all possible we plan on doing a one day race program. Only if we get a huge number of entries (like over 250+ entries) will we have to go into a second day. Cant give a definate answer on this until we see how many entries we get on Friday and Saturday.

how about make it two days

friday-practice
Saturday-3 or 4 qualifiers?
Sunday -Mains (maybe 3 A's?)

92zero Deisgns
Decals - Clothing - Pit boards - Wraps - Signs - Banners & More
Zac R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #157
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What is the format by the way? 3 quals and rocket round?
RodneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #158
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac R View Post
how about make it two days

friday-practice
Saturday-3 or 4 qualifiers?
Sunday -Mains (maybe 3 A's?)
Right now the weather report is saying 40% chance of rain Sunday morning, so if thats true we might be limited to just a Saturday race. We are ready to do whatever needs to be done to make this a fun event.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #159
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to scrubnick

Anyone coming from the Southeast Michigan area that would mind me tagging along? The puddle of gear oil under my trans is not encouraging.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:17 PM   #160
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to B4wires2

8:00 p.m. Thursday night, we are leaving for Michigan. Can't wait till we see the track. Its going to be a fun weekend.
B4wires2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #161
Tech Regular

I spent a few hours down at the track tonight with our ROAR regional director. The new layout is awesome, flows great, super fast, lots of good size features, and the traction is out of this world. I ran a few laps to test out everything and I was able to pull the throttle and pull a wheelie and flip over because I was hooking up so good. Holeshots are questionable, I changed to Goosebumps and got much better traction. I am guessing Double D's will have the same results.

The races and announcing will be handled by our ROAR Region 5 Director, Terry Rott. Going to be great to have him there not only to run the show, but to help answer any questions as they come up. I believe our plan is going to be 5 minute races with 3 minutes between heats. Once the timer starts the race starts weather your ready or not. We will be blowing the track off after each race, and we will water about every half hour or between rounds if we can get away with it. Plan is to keep the event moving and not drag it on. From the sounds of it, all of our regular racers at the track are going to pit outside so we free up the pit area for visitors. Looking forward to hosting this event, everyone have a safe trip here and bring your party hats its going to be fun.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:54 PM   #162
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4wires2 View Post
8:00 p.m. Thursday night, we are leaving for Michigan. Can't wait till we see the track. Its going to be a fun weekend.
We would leave Thurday night, but i just helped put in a new off road track at Trackside that looks Dialed thanks to the one and only Chad Due. So i cant past up the first week of off road at my local hobby Shop. But well will leave pretty much right after racing is done (like 1am). Its gonna be a long night but it off road. We got the jumps to keep us awake.

S.C.Just racing (R.I.P Dad May '55 - July '09)
ACS RACING - TEAM CARBON
S&N Trackside - PINKALLA AUTO SOLUTIONS
Rcdriver5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:08 PM   #163
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Holeshots are questionable, I changed to Goosebumps and got much better traction. I am guessing Double D's will have the same results.
D'oh. I was planning for holeshots or DD's. Oh well, see you tomorrow.
RodneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:18 PM   #164
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyB View Post
D'oh. I was planning for holeshots or DD's. Oh well, see you tomorrow.
I am betting you will like the Double D's much better than the Holeshots.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:29 PM   #165
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I assume holeshots, DD's dont work the best because the track is loamy? Soft? Or do they just pack up(kinda wet)? If you blow it off and water how consistant is the track going to be race time as far as smoothness and traction. Im just wondering because a track that changes for every run makes for a stressful day sometimes. At a race with stiff competition you can get shafted and run on a semi-dry track while the other guys get the wet track. Have you guys ever tried just blowing it and running it dry? If its got good clay is should get like concrete and be very consistant all day. I dont care either way just fair for everyone.
schmelme is offline   Reply With Quote