R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   QUESTIONS ABOUT VALUE. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/233640-questions-about-value.html)

MIKE_IN_AZ 07-23-2008 05:08 PM

QUESTIONS ABOUT VALUE.

I HAVE AN ORIGINAL RC10 BUGGY, A RC10T, AND A LOSI MONSTER TRUCK. LET ME KNOW WHAT THE VALUE ON THEM ARE. I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THEM ANYWHERE. THERE IS ALSO 2 TOOL BOXES FULL OF EXTRA PARTS. PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE VALUE OF ALL THE CARS. THANKS

mkiiina 07-23-2008 05:19 PM

easiest way to get a value is take the price that it was brand new and cut it in half.

JamesnMeyer 07-23-2008 05:38 PM

It's hard to put a price on the older stuff. The Associated stuff will fetch a good price with collectors if it is clean and in good shape. It's really what soeone is willing to pay for it.

stitchy 07-23-2008 05:40 PM

Check for similar items on ebay, "watch" the auctions, and see what people end up paying. That's what I do.

jk racing 07-23-2008 05:51 PM

Being bitten over the last year with collecting, condition and hop ups really make the mark on value.

Racer condition (as raced, chassis with scratches, shocks need a rebuild, car still dirty, but complete w/body) lucky to get $100 on ebay.

Beater condition (missing body, broken or mismatched parts, chassis well worn) lucky to get $50-75 on ebay.

Good-Great condition (very few scratches on chassis, complete, period correct eletronics, reasonable to great body/wing/tires) over $100, depends on the buyer or group of buyers interested.

Hop up parts can make a racer or beater go over 100, MIP transmission, trailing arm kits, extra NIP parts (especially white AE parts), NIP bodies, rare good condition bodies....

It really depends on the buyer. I have been very selective, I picked up used racers and would clean them up to put on a shelf or box up for later rebuilds. I did score a few near mint cars, including a new built '86 gold pan (never ran) and a new built Junior 2 (with custom painted Andy's body)...both together for under $200.

cmain 07-23-2008 06:15 PM

nice site with lots of vintage info:)
http://www.rc10talk.com/index.php

crazy4wdracer 07-23-2008 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by MIKE_IN_AZ (Post 4667614)
I HAVE AN ORIGINAL RC10 BUGGY, A RC10T, AND A LOSI MONSTER TRUCK. LET ME KNOW WHAT THE VALUE ON THEM ARE. I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THEM ANYWHERE. THERE IS ALSO 2 TOOL BOXES FULL OF EXTRA PARTS. PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE VALUE OF ALL THE CARS. THANKS

For the Losi Monster Truck (You didn't specify if it is an LST or LST2). The Losi MT's are great. Even the original LST's are still competitive. You can usually get between $250-$350 for them.

tom_chang79 07-24-2008 01:02 AM

I have three cars that would be considered vintage today:

1. RC10CE Graphite (with Stealth transmission mod, the original mounting holes for the original transmission can be seen)

2. Losi LXT with no slipper (converted from a JRX-T with the conversion kit which didn't include the "hydra" slipper unit that were used on these units)

3. RC10LSS - Recently restored with latest front end and with a 97 Camaro SS body.

I don't know what those are worth, but I'm never selling those. These three have too much nostalgic value. The RC10CE was my first "real" hobby-grade RC car (sorry Tamiya QD Thunder Dragon, you were just a toy). My LXT was the bread winning vehicle I used to use to win "Race Bucks" from The Race Place (RIP TRP). My RC10LSS was from my oval days at One-Stop Raceway (RIP One-stop, you were an awesome track)...

Perhaps one day when I'm strapped for cash for a mortgage, I'd consider selling it, but I'd sooner find a second job then to sell off my vintage cars...

P.S. My RC10LSS is outfitted with a Novak 410-MXC ESC, which still works flawlessly, and I still have my 410-M5 in my LXT with no receiver or motor...

:)

jk racing 07-24-2008 07:02 AM

Tom...One Stop was in Cerritos, right?

PM me if you need anything for the CE graphite car.

MIKE_IN_AZ 07-25-2008 10:48 PM

everything that i have is all brushless. there are some novak esc's but everything runs awesome. for EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE THAT IS ELECTRONIC i will sell for 300 for everything. the first person that offers me money for all of it i will consider