Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is your racing weakness.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My biggest weakness is not keeping up with the changing track conditions, and over powering my trucks. Power is cool, but only if all 4 tires are on the ground.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Like the title say's what are your r/c racing weaknesses ?

I find mine to be learning new layouts when i travel or at home at first (takes me alittle longer) and patience some times...

glewin' tie-errs'
faster people
Old 07-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

My biggest weakness is the track, up until the point my car actually touches the track, I do great. Once its down, its all over......

Really, it is lack of practice and old age, my depth perception is gone. As I have grown older, have 3 kids now, no time for racing. I couldnt tell you the last time I PM'd a car (preventative maintenance). My RB5 hasnt been touched since I built it (maintenance wise), my Lazer is sitting with a broken front carrier for 2 months.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

my weakness is no matter where im in at in the feild is that i think that im not even starting to push my stock truck or even the truggy like going down the straight a way i use like 3/4 of the throttle but in the end i end up in them a main or finish first or second in the b so i dont know what the hell to do
Old 07-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'd have to say my starts are pretty worthless, Unless I TQ I usually do pretty horrible. Like today, I started from 2nd and somehow ended up in last by the 2nd turn.

I fought my way back up to 3rd though!

If I TQ then I can usually run away and drive pretty smooth out in front.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

My weakness is driving with a motor that is to powerfull and trying to take power out of it by adjusting the esc and radio.

I have found that in my b44 I drive faster with the 10.5 than I do with the 6.5 and even the 7.5. I drive on a 1/8 nitro track with the tripples are just a little to far to clear consistantly, and I over shoot the double. I try to drive the faster motors slower and usually my timing is off and I screw my self up.

This also leads to me taking jumps slower because I can punch the throttle for a power full burst, and I take the turns slower because I can power speed out of them, with the 6.5.

Running the 10.5 I have to drive harder to carry my speed, but it leads to me staying on the throttle more, and ultimately a faster lap time because I am not worrying about over or under jumping anything, or having to main tain traction out of the corners.

For what ever reason I make my self feel that I am at a big disadvantage with the slower motor, mentally, and cant seem to make my self change from the 6.5 to the 10.5 during a race.

Also its motivation, and time. I love to go to the track, but racing is not as much fun as practice. Not to sound cheap, because I dont really care about $10, but you spend $10 to race 2 - 5 minute qualifers and 1 - 10 minute main, over a 4 hour period of time.

20 minutes of wheel time, over a 4 hour period. I would rather practice a full hour or hour and half, and spend the rest of the time with my family.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T
My weakness is driving with a motor that is to powerfull and trying to take power out of it by adjusting the esc and radio.

I have found that in my b44 I drive faster with the 10.5 than I do with the 6.5 and even the 7.5. I drive on a 1/8 nitro track with the tripples are just a little to far to clear consistantly, and I over shoot the double. I try to drive the faster motors slower and usually my timing is off and I screw my self up.

This also leads to me taking jumps slower because I can punch the throttle for a power full burst, and I take the turns slower because I can power speed out of them, with the 6.5.

Running the 10.5 I have to drive harder to carry my speed, but it leads to me staying on the throttle more, and ultimately a faster lap time because I am not worrying about over or under jumping anything, or having to main tain traction out of the corners.

For what ever reason I make my self feel that I am at a big disadvantage with the slower motor, mentally, and cant seem to make my self change from the 6.5 to the 10.5 during a race.

Also its motivation, and time. I love to go to the track, but racing is not as much fun as practice. Not to sound cheap, because I dont really care about $10, but you spend $10 to race 2 - 5 minute qualifers and 1 - 10 minute main, over a 4 hour period of time.

20 minutes of wheel time, over a 4 hour period. I would rather practice a full hour or hour and half, and spend the rest of the time with my family.
Get that 6.5 back in your B44 and dial in some drag brake! I'm not saying I drive or you should drive with excessive drag brake but it may help ya out.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm a total rookie soooo I have all of the weekness I guess right now... since I haven't got any track time yet but I will let you all know...so yes I'm taking notes from this thread

Last edited by Goodie; 07-28-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goodie
I'm a total rookie soooo I have all of the weekness I guess right now... since I haven't got any track time yet but I will let you all know...so yes I'm taking notes from this tHread
You missed the H.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I have been racing for 25+ years and I still am unable to change positions on the driver's stand. Once I am locked into a spot, even moving one position left or right makes driving very difficult.

ditto....
Old 07-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

mine well too anxious,angry,and lack of setup knowledge
Old 07-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I find that consistency is my downside. when i drive at a comfortable pace i'm consistent, but when i start pushing, i can get great and bad laps.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Shirk
You missed the H.

my bad...
Old 07-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

As the local fast guy, my biggest issue is getting lazy. Sometimes a few out of towners come to our races and we trade places often. But if they don't come, I get bored as I don't have a lot of competition to keep me moving fast. There are some local guys who can be quick, but they don't always have good tires to allow them to keep up.

Paul
Old 07-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Tech Rookie

lapping the field - when I started two months ago I was on a 8/5.22 pace I've been praticing and tweaking and working. Now I'm at a 12/5.17 pace and it seems like I keep screwing myself outta faster times with poor passing ability. If I follow I lose the line and make a mistake, If I try to rush the pass I lose the line and get tangled up taking both of us out. The fast guys at our track are at a 15 lap pace, but I just want to see 13's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.