R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-23-2008, 07:22 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I have trouble leading a race. I usually can drive consistent and without major mistakes and aggressively. When I get the lead I fall apart. My lap times fall off; its like I have no reason to continue driving. I even try to make any car in front of me the leader to keep my drive going. Sometime it works sometime it doesn't.
Cameron Kellogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:25 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crazy4wdracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay0k View Post
Getting pissed off easily by myself or others.
+1, A couple weeks ago at a pro series race someone tried to blow up my nitro engine in my truggy by leaning it out a full turn on top and a full turn on bottom while it was sitting on the starter box warming up. I wouldn't have even known it if someone that I was pitting with wouldn't have told me. He played with his engine all day and put the tune way off. People like that really make me mad but I think I really have the right to be mad. It was lean bogging in the B main and it ended up flaming out. If that wouldn't have happened I would have made the bump up to the A-Main. I was racing against the kid too. I didn't get him back yet but it's definitely coming.
crazy4wdracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:01 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

One thing I'm working on is not being too cautious on starts especially in mains. Too often I run slow on the first lap and end up getting hit from behind and shuffled to the back.
RodneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have two areas that always seem to challenge me. The first is driving too cautious while in the lead. I can generally get off to a good start and pull away but not push hard enough to stay on the fast lines or double single instead of just going for the triple. I seem to think that i can afford the time of the more conservative line but second place ends up charging hard after a few laps of this style of driving. The second is the new track setups I race from indoor to outdoor and the setups usually are just different enough to pose a problem. Even after racing for 17 years on these style of tracks I still ask around the pits for the hot setup from the locals.
Motor'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:28 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

my weakness is glueing tires and lipo's
BSS07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:29 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
These are great points. I am slowly learning to get over never touching my set-up lately as well. I also know that "off the pace" groove your talking about.

I am pretty good at starts though. It's my favorite part of the race.
yeah u can say that again. remember ur main in vineland?
BSS07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Overdriving the corners for sure! RC is a way to relieve stress for me, and ripping the throttle is waaay too much fun, so I tend to overcook the corners.
Hammer Racing
Bike racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:10 PM   #23
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Powerlink

I would say my weakness is I get so focused on my car and my line that if something on the track changed sence the last lap like a cone or a rock ended up on a turn I would always hit it and bobble ,Im working on looking ahead every few seconds now its working out better now.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:31 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

My main weakness is my complete lack of coordination and anything that would resemble driving talent.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:48 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
glewin' tie-errs'
+1

+1 more on Shocks. It's my lucky day when the shocks react symmetrically from left to right after a rebuild...
Old 07-24-2008, 03:17 AM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

tire choice. it never fails i have the wrong tires on, and the ones everybody is using, mine are about bald.
spending money where i dont need to. im finding out the hard way that i dont need to spend more money on all this stuff. just the right stuff.
one i see alot is a old phrase that a pro atv racer once told me "whats the point of a rocket ship if you cant control it"
triggerman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:49 AM   #27
Tech Regular

Having little time to race and no time at all for pratice...
Fastfreddy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:19 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastfreddy74 View Post
Having little time to race and no time at all for pratice...
I thought we were just talking about the actual racing. If not then +1 on the practice. The only practice I have gotten in about a year is the warm ups before the race.
tschenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:10 AM   #29
Tech Rookie

i think my biggest weakness is my depth perception, i have the problem when im racing at the track and bashing in the street, to give you an example there was a can in the middle of the street i just couldn't hit to save my life, i missed it every time

another problem i have is over compensating on the first lap or so
palmtreeRCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:32 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have many problems with my driving. My biggest is in my head. When ever I hear that I am on a good pace or in the lead, I start to psych myself out and try so hard not to make a mistake that I end up crashing and blowing the run. I've been getting better about it, but I still do it.