R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Electric 4wd ????? Please help (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/233382-electric-4wd-please-help.html)

washracer 07-22-2008 12:14 PM

Electric 4wd ????? Please help

I want to get an electric 4wd truck, like the e Revo the problem I have is they take the two batteries and I will probably need a 6 of them for 2 heats and a main so they don't run out. I also want to make it brushless so then I would only need 3 batteries. To buy a new e-revo and do all that will be pretty spendy. I am wondering if you guys can list electric 4wd trucks, buggies and truggies that I could possibly do what I want to them but try and keep the cost down on them. So far this is what I have found can you add to the list if you know of something else. I just got into the sport with a slash and I want to keep it stock and I want a 4wd so let me know what you think. Thanks

E-revo
E -maxx I think these are too tall
E- savage I think these are too tall
Any electric 4wd truggies?????

Krio 07-22-2008 12:18 PM

There are no box stock electric truggies at this point, but there are very nice conversion kits offered by several companies including rcproductdesigns.com

Check out the 1/8 electric thread to see all the electric 4wd eighth scale buggies and truggies people have made. I am currently in the process of converting an associated rc8 using the rcproduct designs kit.

STRINGCHEESE 07-22-2008 01:17 PM

^^^ agreed rcproductdesigns.com is a local company and I race with those guys. Their product is top notch and IMO the electric conversions are faster then their nitro counterparts AND will be cheaper in the long run. The only problem I see for you is the lack of 1/8th electrics in racing. You may very well be the only guy at the races with one. You'd better check to see if there will be enough trucks at race day to run the class your trying to enter. And also the truggy conversions stomp all over the e-revo's on the track. They absolutely STOMP THEM!

UltegraSTI 07-22-2008 01:39 PM

its still a ton of $ to get started, it'll make the e-revo seem cheap. its still early days and folks are really spendin a lotta cheese out there to figure out what works and what doesnt. and it is coming at the expense of a dead parts and people's anguish.

i'd really hold out or look in another direction for time being. give it time.

R

jla8874 07-22-2008 01:50 PM

4x4 your only option in 1/10 is a buggy. By the time you buy a competitive
4wd and go all out with brushless and lipo, it will end up being the same price or more maybe than a Revo. Stay away from 1/8 scale electric right now. The only place it can go is electric specific kits (that work!). So I'm not even going to think about going big until they start coming out with stuff that was designed and tested for 1/8 scale electric. Thank goodness for all of these early adopters trying to figure this stuff out though!

Kings Kid 07-22-2008 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by jla8874 (Post 4663055)
4x4 your only option in 1/10 is a buggy. By the time you buy a competitive
4wd and go all out with brushless and lipo, it will end up being the same price or more maybe than a Revo. Stay away from 1/8 scale electric right now. The only place it can go is electric specific kits (that work!). So I'm not even going to think about going big until they start coming out with stuff that was designed and tested for 1/8 scale electric. Thank goodness for all of these early adopters trying to figure this stuff out though!

then you'll just be missing out! Be Blessed, Rick

rcjunkie3000 07-22-2008 09:25 PM

You could always get an Associated B44 and convert it to a 4WD truck using some T4 parts and the body. A guy at our local track has done that with a B44 and he races with the trucks.

Also, I remember reading a thread where a guy has dont the conversion.