need advice

Old 07-22-2008, 12:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? need advice

I am planning on getting one of the following:Traxxas Bandit XL-5 RTR, Traxxas Rustler XL-5 RTR, HPI E-Firestorm RTR, or a Tamiya Dark impact Kit.
I wanted to know which of them I would be best off with overall.
replys would definately be helpful.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

What do you want to do race or bash? What are you going to run them on track or back yard? Are you looking for pure speed or durability first? If you tell us more, we can offer suggestions.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

I'd go with the rustler. It'll go thru the grass better then the buggy and have more available parts then the HPI's. Definately invest in the 3s Lipo/charger an be way fast and have beter run time. If you have any inkling what so ever to race then buy a t4 rtr or xxx-t rtr.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Rookie

I want to be able to do a little of everything, track racing, jumping, street driving, im too tight on cash to get anything else now.
just need a good fairly fast car.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

firestorm
Old 07-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1

I'm not a fan of the Ruslter or Bandit if you have the slightest desire to run on a track. They are great if you're just bashing and fairly durable (the car is durable, not you ).
Old 07-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

If you are gonna run on a track and you could think you might join a weekly race or something....dont buy hpi or traxxas. It's discouraging to go and find out you NEED a whole new car to compete. At least you can be very competitive with the LOSI or TEAM ASSOCIATED rtr's, which are about the same price. If you just want to run on the track for fun now and then, any would really work.
BTW to get the best out of the BL systems you need a Lipo which you'll find might cost as much as or more than the car.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

i'm also need advice..me got 3350kv brushless and can some one tell me how fast it is..using the 64p spur 102t and 20t pinion on my trf416..cos it seem no to fast for me. is it equivalent to how many turn in brushed motor?...please advice and sorry for the interruption..