Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Another 1/10 indoor offroad track in SoCal! >

Another 1/10 indoor offroad track in SoCal!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another 1/10 indoor offroad track in SoCal!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Suspended

Location: r.i.p Chiquita - 1993-2008 - "best dog in the world"

Here are a few YouTube videos I found:

minis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b77wrIlXHA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVi39...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e8CrY3Rk8s

1/10th
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM1T9XAXIr0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8DvX...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucoywCnK18k

Last edited by ratherBracin; 07-23-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Sponsor this I think the southbay is central from oc to the valley I really do not know how many are their that are into R/C but the locations that you are talking about sound really good . once you find a place let me know if you need any concrete cutting our coring i will be able to help out and I know a electrician that can help out to
Old 07-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The Palm Springs area is pretty good for RC but the land is expensive considering it is the fastest growing aread in the country. I know there is a track in Palm Desert and I would say it is a little bigger than OCRC and clay. They are gonna reopen it but they are looking for a owner. I would say rent would be fairly cheap because it is stuffed right beside a mountain and the old owners, HobbytownUSA only used to pay $5 every year. (that is the rumor I heard)
Old 07-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I dont see why it has to be dirt either. It seems almost every big race now is run dry and swept so it might as well be pavement. Carpet will inevitably get torn up but if you change the layout ennough you can spread it out. I dont really see a downside.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking wow great idea everybody!

Those are all really great ideas and I will us most of them. How about a 5500 sqft. offroad dirt track which will be able to run both 1/10 and 1/8 scale cars along with a 3600-4200 sqft carpet onroad track with the potential to convert it to a mini track that would have some custom jumps for mini racing.

The property we looked at today was amazing it just might be the one you guys! Its located in cerritos between the 5 and 91 freeways which should attract racers from all around. It wouldn't be to far from LA, Riverside, or the beach cities. Best part about it is there are three large rollup doors and large sky light for racing indoor gas. The pitts would be in the middle of both tracks and the hobby store would be about 1600 sqft as u walk in. I hope this place really works out, it seem too good to be true but well know more tomorrow. I've put a bid in it seems as if I'm the only one bidding on the propety to this point. There is parking for about 200 vehicle and the facility is in great shape. I will need help when we start the demolition and the rebuild of this track and I thank you for wanting to help out. I will keep u updated daily on the progress and there will be tours of the facility when all paperwork is complete. I don't want to get anybody to happy by lying about something that has not been preapproved.

Keep sending the threads I do appreciate them and the ideas you guys have.

Thanks again
Old 07-24-2008, 01:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions??

Those are all really great ideas and I will us most of them. How about a 5500 sqft. offroad dirt track which will be able to run both 1/10 and 1/8 scale cars along with a 3600-4200 sqft carpet onroad track with the potential to convert it to a mini track that would have some custom jumps for mini racing.

The property we looked at today was amazing it just might be the one you guys! Its located in cerritos between the 5 and 91 freeways which should attract racers from all around. It wouldn't be to far from LA, Riverside, or the beach cities. Best part about it is there are three large rollup doors and large sky light for racing indoor gas. The pitts would be in the middle of both tracks and the hobby store would be about 1600 sqft as u walk in. I hope this place really works out, it seem too good to be true but we'll know more tomorrow. I've put a bid in it seems as if I'm the only one bidding on the propety to this point. There is parking for about 200 vehicle and the facility is in great shape. I will need help when we start the demolition and the rebuild of this track and I thank you for wanting to help out. I will keep u updated daily on the progress and there will be tours of the facility when all paperwork is complete. I don't want to get anybody to happy by lying about something that has not been preapproved.

Keep sending the threads I do appreciate them and the ideas you guys have.

Thanks again
Old 07-24-2008, 01:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I live... near there... I think I know where you are talking about. There are quite a few industrial buildings over there. With the gas crunch, I could not argue with you about that location

OMG, with two dirt off-road tracks to go to (the other being OCRC), that would be heaven! Two tracks, twice the fun!

Old 07-24-2008, 01:29 AM
Tech Adept

Default COLE CANYON BMX TRACK

IF ANYONE REMEMBERS THE OLD BMX TRACK OFF THE 91FWY CALLED COLE CANYON THAT WOULD BE THE BEST PLACE EVER HUGE AREA NO HOUSES AT ALLLL HAD ITS OWN OFF RAMP TO TRACK OFF FREEWAY AND THEY HAD GREAT LIGHTING ....NOT SURE WHATS ALL LEFT DOWN THEIR I HOPE THE BMX TRACK IS LOL BUT THAT PLACE WOULD BE THE SICKEST PLACE EVER FOR A TRACK BUT OC/RC IS DIALED

Old 07-24-2008, 05:44 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by sponsorthis
have you thought about the problems cleaning relative to having an offroad dirt and onroad track in the same building let alone on the same piece of property?
Old 07-24-2008, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C.Poh
IF ANYONE REMEMBERS THE OLD BMX TRACK OFF THE 91FWY CALLED COLE CANYON THAT WOULD BE THE BEST PLACE EVER HUGE AREA NO HOUSES AT ALLLL HAD ITS OWN OFF RAMP TO TRACK OFF FREEWAY AND THEY HAD GREAT LIGHTING ....NOT SURE WHATS ALL LEFT DOWN THEIR I HOPE THE BMX TRACK IS LOL BUT THAT PLACE WOULD BE THE SICKEST PLACE EVER FOR A TRACK BUT OC/RC IS DIALED

The on/off ramps are no longer there they closed them down years ago.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oxymoron
have you thought about the problems cleaning relative to having an offroad dirt and onroad track in the same building let alone on the same piece of property?

Exactly, dirt off road and carpet on-road inside the same building dont mix. They have to be in separate rooms completely or else the carpet will always be dusty. You will never get all the dirt out of it.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

5 and 91, that's practically where I live. I am guessing you are looking off of Marquart Ave where all those industrial buildings are? Well wherever you decide to place this track I definitely plan to run there and OCRC (already a bronze member there). I have both 10th scale off road, 8th scale brushless, 10th scale on road, and 18th scale offroad!! I may never leave!! Just throw a crawler course in there and I may need to purchase a large SUV to haul all my goods to your track even though I would be within walking distance.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nc-hopsing
Exactly, dirt off road and carpet on-road inside the same building dont mix. They have to be in separate rooms completely or else the carpet will always be dusty. You will never get all the dirt out of it.
I don't think that the dust will be too big of a deal. So Cal used to have asphalt and dirt in the same building and I don't remember it being a big problem.

I think a couple good vacuums would work. Ooh, or even a few of those Roombas that way the carpet would always be clean!! They could be moving shicanes!!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

You can mount on of those small dirt devil vacuums to a Slash truck and have it run around the track. It'll get the job done at least twice as fast. Either that or put a brushless system in the rhoomba!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Not sure you'll wanna do that. My Slash would drop more dirt than it would pick up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.