Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-15-2008, 07:52 PM   #136
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to downtempo

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulin79 View Post
downtempo,

You, annoyed? wow...Engineers can get so serious about their toy cars. I'm sure I'll see you around at OCRC, I'll be the guy having fun . And you might be the guy being annoyed, hopefully not, we are all there to have fun afterall. I'm sure you are a great guy but just had a bad day at the engineering lab when you wrote that post.

I am not Mr. Social, so I have only met three people at OCRC thus far:
1. A guy that makes $8 million in a bad year (he is VERY ORGANIZED).
2. Electrical Engineer - BJ4 and B44
3. Mechanical Engineer - XX4

So if I meet those three people described above that make 6 to 7 figures, I just assume that if I met a fourth person at OCRC, he might be of that similar socio-economic background too.

And no, I do not aspire to be a bioengineer because I am one already. In addition, bioengineers max out at only $200k/yr, so that's the career path I'm stuck with for now. Its about time for me to find an additional career path.

I admit it, I made a mistake when writing the post you refer to. I wrote this in 07-30-2008 adressing my mistake:
You make my brain hurt, this will be my last effort in trying to make this point.
You made unfair generalizations that make for a less than welcoming enviroment for our "broke" thread readers. Have some sensitivity for those who are not in a financially good way, especially in the face of some economic hard times in America. The largest point that I was trying to convey - whether the money is coming from disorganized broke people, or wealthy engineers... ALL of their money is green and a clean track will bring it.
If you really are an engineer you would know that generally speaking, we are scattered people... I am proud of that, almost like being a doctor that can't write their own name. It simply looked as if disorganization was being looked at as 1. negative, 2. generally broke people are that way. Your correction that you re-posted did not address the fact that you were coming off close minded, just that it was impossible to "meet" yourself. Get a grip and be big enough to admit you were being simple minded and a more than a little condescending. I have made the same mistake myself, biggest contributon- not REALLY thinking about what you are writing before you do it. BTW, can we get some more details on your career, I am not sure that your monster-size ego has given everyone the full extent of humor we could provide to those reading.
My annoyance begins and ends with your post, not even you as a person. Your capacity to evaluate my character as it might be seen at the track is embarassing, all smiles w/ my toy car.
downtempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #137
Tech Regular

Last edited by haulin79; 08-15-2008 at 11:00 PM.
haulin79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:40 PM   #138
Suspended

haulin79: I think you were the one putting people down, and making over-generalized assumptions of others, while somehow trying to compare your profession and what you run compared to others and being high-browed about it when the truth is you run a cheap RTR. Having fun or not, the reality of putting yourself in the same spectrum of RCing as someone running a $1500 B44 setup is like the kid at McDonalds comparing his job to that of a Biomechanical Engineer. Not the same thing, either way.
szakcajaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:41 PM   #139
Tech Regular

downtempo and szakcajaru,
You are 100% correct, I just reread my post from your points of view and I can see how it was taken taken as condescending, simple minded, as putting people down and making over-generalized assumptions of others. I apologize to all who were offended.

One of my goals is to be able to effectively communicate without offense. Thank you for your understanding and honesty in pushing me forward to becoming a better person.

Last edited by haulin79; 08-15-2008 at 11:00 PM.
haulin79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:01 AM   #140
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)

unsubscribing to this crap.....you guys need to grow up !!!!!
Old 08-16-2008, 01:55 AM   #141
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Unsubscribing? Its now getting interesting.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:39 PM   #142
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulin79 View Post
szakcajaru,
Let's put this all into perspective, WE ARE ALL DRIVING TOYS HERE!
It's not a toy! At least, that's what I keep telling myself...
Old 09-10-2008, 01:14 AM   #143
Tech Addict

Toy car track a no go?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:58 AM   #144
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

OMG, this thread is like a Zombie. It keeps dying and coming back to life!

The starter of this thread has been reeeeeeeeeeeeeally quiet, so I'm thinking that the plan to open another track has probably been cancelled...

Another track would've been nice, but I'm happy with having at least ONE!

I have a feeling that this thread will still be kicked around for quite some time...
Old 09-10-2008, 12:51 PM   #145
Tech Master

This thread served as a wake-up call to the OP, I think...lol.
kdeselms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:11 PM   #146
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_chang79 View Post
OMG, this thread is like a Zombie. It keeps dying and coming back to life!

The starter of this thread has been reeeeeeeeeeeeeally quiet, so I'm thinking that the plan to open another track has probably been cancelled...

Another track would've been nice, but I'm happy with having at least ONE!

I have a feeling that this thread will still be kicked around for quite some time...
Well excuse me, i simply asked if it was a no go in hopes that someone who knows the original poster could put this thread to sleep if it wasnt happening.
Who knows maybe the original poster is now trying to keep it quiet or something?