Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tamiya DF-03 type >

Tamiya DF-03 type

Like Tree1Likes

Tamiya DF-03 type

Old 10-27-2022, 06:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi All, looking for tips on where to find Tamiya parts bag 9400416 - RC SHAFT BAG. All I need are the MS1 steering posts but having no luck finding them in Australia. Our Dark Impact was a runner until yesterday. One of the shafts went missing due to a screw working itself loose. Thanks
Old 10-28-2022, 01:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi All, looking for tips on where to find Tamiya parts bag 9400416 - RC SHAFT BAG. All I need are the MS1 steering posts but having no luck finding them in Australia. Our Dark Impact was a runner until yesterday. One of the shafts went missing due to a screw working itself loose. Thanks
Dark Impact is really obnoxious to find parts for.. I'm guessing Tamiya must've done another production run "recently" - after all the third party support had finally given up on it. I managed to get a slipper clutch due to a part being mislabeled in someone's inventory & no one realising what it actually was, plus some of the last run of reinforced bumper/braces from T-bone before they shut down, but I haven't been able to find any of the other "must have upgrades". I'm still looking for a strengthened replacement gear to put on the MK1 Main Shaft - RW Racing doesn't seem to make them anymore & I haven't been able to find the rumoured "i used a gear from an rc helicopter" alternatives.

I got some parts from Ace RC Models in Perth, they had a few bits parted out, but I don't see what you're looking for.

Other than that I suspect you're stuck looking at the uk/euro stores which part out whole kits as part of their business approach. I don't know of anyone routinely parting kits out in oz, tho if you find someone then I'd be interested to hear about it.
Old 10-28-2022, 07:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not ideal , but you can still find parts for its clone , the FS Racing 53888 , most manuals are in chinese but I was able to source gear box covers and other bits from banggood and aliexpress

pache likes this.
Old 11-03-2022, 06:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by pache View Post
Dark Impact is really obnoxious to find parts for.. I'm guessing Tamiya must've done another production run "recently" - after all the third party support had finally given up on it. I managed to get a slipper clutch due to a part being mislabeled in someone's inventory & no one realising what it actually was, plus some of the last run of reinforced bumper/braces from T-bone before they shut down, but I haven't been able to find any of the other "must have upgrades". I'm still looking for a strengthened replacement gear to put on the MK1 Main Shaft - RW Racing doesn't seem to make them anymore & I haven't been able to find the rumoured "i used a gear from an rc helicopter" alternatives.

I got some parts from Ace RC Models in Perth, they had a few bits parted out, but I don't see what you're looking for.

Other than that I suspect you're stuck looking at the uk/euro stores which part out whole kits as part of their business approach. I don't know of anyone routinely parting kits out in oz, tho if you find someone then I'd be interested to hear about it.
Thanks for the reply. Still searching for with no luck.