Send a message via AIM to rc_crazy22

whats the sanwa site?
rc_crazy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 10:42 AM   #47
Tee
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by KINGZJ
First of all Look up the 359 on the sanwa site it clearly lists it as a digital. The airtronics site is crapy and rarely updated infact most of the specs on their are completely different then on the sanwa site.
Technically, there isn't such a thing as a Sanwa 94359, they're usally called ZZ or ZR or similar names as that. I think what happens is that "specifications are subject to change without notice" and Airtronics can relabel whatever they want or have the guts changed to whatever Sanwa has on hand at the time. I could have sworn on (whatever) that my '359's were rated at 0.09 seconds, but now that I think and recall, they didn't look as fast as my old "257's". All I've got is some glorified stronger, barely faster 737's, sigh.
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 08:25 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

The servos I have arn't actually 359's they are the sanwa versions that are suposed to be the exact same as the 359 It has the metal case and everything. All airtronics is, is just relabled sanwa stuff although maybe their is a difference I don't know but I know the ones I have are digital. I went to the lhs the other day and was looking at the 359 and it didn't say digital anywhere so I guess maybe it is possible that it isn't but with those ratings you would think it would have to be.
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 12:15 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Sanwa: Food for thought- They make TV remotes too! Your Sony remote is a Sanwa
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 12:34 AM   #50
Tech Master

The problem with the digital servos is incorrect setting of end points. Overloading the servos will cause FET to fail and eventually the servo motors. This is true for all manufacture's servos at the moment. I can not say that all digital servos will hold up to the impacts that a 1/8 scale off-road car can dish out, but you will have to see what works at your track. That is usually the best answer that you will get.

We have come out with a new system for our digitals (PDS-2343/2344) to avoid this problem of FET/motor failers due to incorrect settings or linkage lock. One of the new features of our new programmable servo offers a protection timer. What this funtion does is powers down the servo by 25% so that it does not blow out, due to overloads and linkage locks. Once the load comes down, the servo powers back up. Easy way to save yourself a trip to the service department.

Service of our products was very slow in the past years. We now offer a repair center in San Diego and at our office in Gardena. Yes in the past there was a language barrier, but I do run the service here at our office. If you like, ask for me. BTW my name is Robert.

As far as your choice for servos, digitals do drain a little more but the performance out weighs the loss. Battery technology has progressed so that this is not an issue anymore.

The EX-10 Helios has a much more user freindly menu screen compaired to any thing on the market. It has TWO customizable menus that you can program and prioritize funtions. The larger handle on the transmitter and bigger grip option was created for the US market. We do listen.

Synthesized technology for KO products will come. We are working on it. He have tested this for a while (5yrs) and knew that this would not hold up in gas vehicles due to vibrations. some may say that my synthesizer works. You maybe some of the luckier ones and more power to you. We will perfect this. We could have put out a system, but why when we know that there will be problems. We are all about performance and reliablity. You may see something by next year. It will probably not appear in our higher end radio, due to size issues with synthesized receivers. The higher end is about being as light and as small as possible, with the reliablity. This is what our PRO's demand and that is what we will deliver.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 01:21 AM   #51
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to rc_crazy22

i want a ex-10 helios! but im tired of waitin for the 75 mhz! when will it be out! please let me know!
rc_crazy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 06:41 AM   #52
Tee
Tech Apprentice

Default New KO products. (thread jack)

Hello ko Propo Staff,
Would you be able to give some details of what the AD band is? I saw the green colored AD band (?) module that has been shown in some shinouzuka toy show pictures.
And according to my understanding, newer KO radios that use "fast" transmission MUST use new kr301 and kr302 receivers? Why was the transmitter not made backward compatible instead of the receivers being made backward compatible? There doesn't seem to be a problem with that except that the Helios (Helicopter male?) transmitter uses yet another faster speed? Where would it end, number of speed(s) wise? I only mention this because it seems that Futaba's logic was to allow the user to "choose speeds" in the radio menu (HSR vs. Normal FM). But then, technically, it sounds like someone else on the same frequency can blow your servos out?
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:20 PM   #53
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

what is the plastic gear part # for the PDs-2363? i need to get some.

thanx
Motorman007 is offline   Reply With Quote