R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-20-2003, 12:39 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Ofna Pbs

I was wondering which are the fist things that need to be upgraded for a new PBS. I am running the KO Propo Mars R radio. I am looking for a new pipe, tires, chassis parts and such.
Thanks.

Last edited by MINI-ME; 08-21-2003 at 10:50 AM.
MINI-ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 09:37 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Servos and tires. If you plan to race it then a .21 engine.

Get any servo that has at least 100oz and faster than .15sec for steering. Check which tires the fast guys are using at the track.

Good Luck!
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 10:49 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

I rally like the hyper .21 that comes with it, as far as the servos; I am going to change both to the hitec 645. The tirs I'm still deciding on the proline crimefighters or the mugshots. The pipe is what I am curtrently looking for, It's a tossup between the RB, RD logics and the Ofna pipes.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:49 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Ofna Pbs

Quote:
Originally posted by MINI-ME
I was wondering which are the fist things that need to be upgraded for a new PBS. I am running the KO Propo Mars R radio. I am looking for a new pipe, tires, chassis parts and such.
Thanks.
right out the box the pbs rtr is a kick ass machine. the biggest problem, and i'm sure you 've heard this one, is breaking in the motor - it's a real tight fit on the piston and sleeve. once, it's broken in (anywhere between 5-10 tanks), you can really lean it out. it's pretty fast stock engine. as for pipe header combo, the rd logics (equal to the 086 pipe) is great deal at $59.95 usd. add a waller power adaptor (around $36.00 usd) and you'll have quite a bit of power.

tires:i have some mugshots, but i think crimefighters are your best all-around tire.

chassis parts:upgrade as you brake 'em. check out the paul coleman racing components, pretty nice quality. i'll post some pics for you to look at (just got a new camaera, and i'm still figuring it out). i got all of his parts, pretty darn expensive, but very durable. oh yeah, it's heavier, but from what i've noticed in 1/8 scale buggy is durability over weight savings that's real more important.

servos:airtronics 358 - some might say it's overkill, but it's the best high torque servo out. it even has a built it heatsink.

that's all i can think for now. besides, i have to get back to work - so i can make more scrill to blow on toys!
DickemDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 10:25 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Now that is some good info, I have heard of the hard time for hte engine break in. The pipe inof is greatly appreciate. One question I have is are the RD and Ofna 86 sister pipes. If so that are the differences. Thanks for all the info!
Old 08-22-2003, 01:35 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

If you are going to race this buggy then DO NOT buy Hitec servos for it they will fail. The only servos that will stand the test of time are the Futaba 9350 or the Airtronics 358 or 359. It su-ks to have to spend so much on servos but it really does make a huge difference.

As for the pipe I don't have any experience with the the RD pipe but I do use the ofna line of pipes and my favorite is the ofna 086 and then the ofna 063 these pipes work very well and are priced below $60

Tires crimefighters are extremely good tires but are only good for a few runs before their performance starts to fall off. The panther line of tires seem to last much longer. I personally use the TRC Jolly's. I buy them premounted and they last twice as long as a crimefighter and I cannot tell a performance difference between them.
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote