Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XX-4 WED help me set up my new car..

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Questions?? XX-4 WED help me set up my new car..

Any tips will help.. Looks like i'm getting a R1 Pro Tekin w/ 448 motor. Does any one have experience with this motor and ESC set up? What set up should I use for rough loose clay that has big jumps... I run on a 1/8 nitro track,Mills Pond Florida. Shock set-up and or tricks that I can do to improve the cars performance! Thanks guys!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

There is a thread for the XX4 rolling along here with a lot of really great information in it. I'm sure you can find everything you need to know about setup in there.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Run the B2 front brace. You will need to modify the bulkhead a bit and will need longer hinge pins. I ran an 86 spur Kevlar Spur rather then the plastic 84. On the 86 spur youll need to shave down under the spur to fit properly. Change front belt to a green instead blue. I also ran the MIP CVD's in it. Also make sure you run the outdrive rings on the composite outdrives. You will need to grind down the CVD pin a bit not much. And lastly run the saddlepack on driverside all the way to the front. Just run the WE setup on it.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

AAAAAAAAAAA...........YEA........WHAT BUGGYKING SAID....LOL
HAVE FUN WITH IT , YOU WILL SEE IT'S A AWSOME BUGGY...HERE'S MINE SO YOU CAN HAVE SOME IDEAR'S
Attached Thumbnails XX-4 WED help me set up my new car..-yellow-xx4.jpg   XX-4 WED help me set up my new car..-yellow-xx4-3.jpg   XX-4 WED help me set up my new car..-yelow-xx4-2.jpg   XX-4 WED help me set up my new car..-group-shot.jpg  
Old 05-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The XX-4 thread will be very helpful for ya. The last 2 years or so of posts are pretty good for info. A few of us have posted up some good setups that work just about everywhere as well. The box setup is really not that great, especially for big 8th scale tracks (it was developed almost 10 years ago and we've learned alot since then). There may be alot to read there but if you are not that familar with the car then invest some time in seeing what we have to do to get the car where we want it. It seems that XX-4s are one of the most rewarding cars to drive (especially on big 8th scale tracks) but if incorrectly set up or maintained they can be one of the most frustrating to live with. If you have any questions still feel free to hit me up if you want.

Last edited by Strong Bad; 05-01-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

For Losi setups you can check Losi website but also this page
Old 05-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Also run your slipper full locked and you clicker. Flip the nut over the run it as loose as possible.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Strong Bad
The XX-4 thread will be very helpful for ya. The last 2 years or so of posts are pretty good for info. A few of us have posted up some good setups that work just about everywhere as well. The box setup is really not that great, especially for big 8th scale tracks (it was developed almost 10 years ago and we've learned alot since then). There may be alot to read there but if you are not that familar with the car then invest some time in seeing what we have to do to get the car where we want it. It seems that XX-4s are one of the most rewarding cars to drive (especially on big 8th scale tracks) but if incorrectly set up or maintained they can be one of the most frustrating to live with. If you have any questions still feel free to hit me up if you want.
you are very right strongbad
I have a xx4we fully modified
- crashback arms
- aluminum front hubs
- steel cvds fronts
- green belts front side rear
- b4 front brace
- xxxcr rear
- cut upper brace for easier (relatively) maintenace and repairs
- bigger (orange) spur
- trinity blue motor holder and heatsink
- locked clicker
- lipo to one side of chasis

it is a satisfying and fast car even on 1/8 tracks but with the speed of the BL and lipos, one wrong move and you are cartwheeling across the track
broke 2 crashback arms this race season bec of this
hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails XX-4 WED help me set up my new car..-rc%25200011.jpg  
Old 05-05-2008, 02:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thank you guy's ! What about the Trinity Alu. front bulkhead ? 5 deg. How does the xxx-cr rear end work for you? Is this a bolt on? CR Dogbones or the xx-4? What brace for the front the BK2 or B4?? Confused....
Old 05-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No on the 5 degree, it screws up the handling and the Trinity bulkhead tends to transmit hard crashes into the chassis and break chassis. The XXX (normal, BK, BK2 or CR) or B2/3 brace works just as good, is cheaper and doesn't risk the chassis so much

XXX-CR rear end is only arms and hubs, the rest is the same. It works well especially with the last Jesse Robbers setup with that rear end (two diff, no clicker). My personal setup (a sort of older Robbers based setup w/ the clicker) runs the XXX-CR rear end with the standard (long) VLA and simulated XX-CR rear hub geometry.

Bones or CVDs (XXX, XXX-CR or XX4) will work, most people go with the bones, I personally run CVDs most of the time as I have plenty of steering and at SoCal it seemed to work better....

hope that helps.....

Last edited by Strong Bad; 05-05-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default new xx4 kit

i am looking for a new xx4 kit, but cant find one on the web......any good store that u can recommend?
Old 05-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

the XX4's r discontinued from Losi. Your best bet is a good used one from here our ebay.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

hey Glen,

good to see you join the 4wd class, see you at mills this wednesday if you can make it.

Adrian

http://www.BulldawgRC.com
Old 05-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Dude, just pm Strong Bad.
He helped me with my XX4, now it drives itself!
If it crashes, it's cuz I took the wheel.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Bulldawg RC
hey Glen,

good to see you join the 4wd class, see you at mills this wednesday if you can make it.

Adrian

http://www.BulldawgRC.com
Thank's everyone for the input! Adrian, you know I'll be there!

Should I run the 0* front bulkhead and the 3* rear pivot blocks???
My local shop has the 10* front and i'm not sure whats up out back! I have a standard xx-4 with a graphite chasi.. got the front crash back w/ alu. caster but the rest is a mix of stuff! What way to go??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.