Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated Off Road Desert Truck ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Unfortunately almost everyone wants to push things a little and then a lot. The next thing you have classes that don' resemble anything spec or stock. I continue to race Legends because it is spec; but it has wandered some from the original spec. Most tracks allow turnbuckles and and bearings. The original class didn't allow either.

I think the Slash would be a great spec class on dirt if it is left SPEC!
Old 07-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kdeselms
It isn't zipping around the track at the scale equivalent of 200mph, so it looks more realistic in action. Racing them as-is presents a situation where winning is more up to the driver's skill than their pocketbook...so that's also attractive. They just have a really high fun factor and that's why people are embracing the Slash the way they are.

I just hope people can resist the seemingly innate urge to form a "mod" class for it...kinda defeats the purpose of a scale-looking and driving truck, IMO.
Totally agree with the first part.

As for modifying and "box stock" spec classes, it's really hard to get some racers to not tinker, adjust, modify, and hop up their cars, "fun class" or not. Whether or not the cars stay stock or not really depends on the race program. Programs that are run loose have people with modifications, and there's nothing wrong with that, especially if it allows more people to race. Conversely, if you want to run strict rules, you might have to ask yourself things like, "if someone breaks the Traxxas steering servo, are you really going to require them to only buy the exact same servo to replace it?"
Old 07-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Originally Posted by stitchy
Totally agree with the first part.
Conversely, if you want to run strict rules, you might have to ask yourself things like, "if someone breaks the Traxxas steering servo, are you really going to require them to only buy the exact same servo to replace it?"
For our track the answer is YES. The only thing we are allowing to be changed is the receiver so people can use their own radio. For us this was a must as there are already about 12 of them floating around amongst the club members and not enough channels available. The key here is you must enforce the rules across the board for everyone. You can't let them run it "just this one time" otherwise the next thing you know everybody is adding hop-ups to their truck.

As for performance we are racing on a medium size (105 foot front straight) track that is rather loose. The fast guy at our track ran only 11 seconds off of his best ever run in the 2wd mod truck class. The fast guys will always be fast no matter what they are driving.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobbieS
For our track the answer is YES. The only thing we are allowing to be changed is the receiver so people can use their own radio. For us this was a must as there are already about 12 of them floating around amongst the club members and not enough channels available. The key here is you must enforce the rules across the board for everyone. You can't let them run it "just this one time" otherwise the next thing you know everybody is adding hop-ups to their truck.

As for performance we are racing on a medium size (105 foot front straight) track that is rather loose. The fast guy at our track ran only 11 seconds off of his best ever run in the 2wd mod truck class. The fast guys will always be fast no matter what they are driving.
looking at your sig i see b-mag ain't been 'round.

what happened to him ?
Old 07-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

If only you knew....
B-mag is alive and well, and has been racing his E-firestorm

Of course he's been beaten many times, I'm sure he'll get better over time.

If Assocaited makes one of these Corr Trucks it will be worth it.

Cannot wait to race this weekend RobbieS, looking forward to it.

Do me a favor and take that B-mag Free off your sig, because he came back to rcrcr recently.
Thanks RobbieS.

Last edited by electricguy007; 07-04-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

the tires on the slash are slightly narrower than the losi tires. otherwise the overall with is almost the exact same. the difference is the BODY. which as you know only lasts so long and can be replaced.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
looking at your sig i see b-mag ain't been 'round.

what happened to him ?
Oh B-Mag is still around. And as stated he now has an E-firestorm. We kicked him off of our local website back in the fall. That's when he found rctech and began his quest... He was posting on our site faster than we could delete them so we just banned him. He seems to be back on his meds and much better now but we still aren't going to let him back on our site. On here it's good for a laugh but when he was posting locally and new racers or potential racers were seeing his rants it just wasn't healthy for the sport.

He still comes and races and hasn't gotten out of line at the track so we haven't had a reason to ban him from the track yet but back in the spring (before track was open) he would have been banned from the track as well had we been racing he acted the way he did.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Good Beer
Traxxas has made a big "Splash" with their desert truck "Splash". I think what drivers like is the wheels inside the body. Associated has interest in the full size off road desert trucks so I wonder how long it will be before Associated comes out with their own version?? Anybody have any insight or heard any rumors of such ?? Thanks.
im not sure if anyone else has posted this yet but i will anyway

i really dont think ae cares about that side of rc. i see them as the top of the line race company. (my opinion)
Old 07-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

You gota admit B-mag helped you guys out by racing at Reo all those months
to get everyone back together again, he helped on some of that.

George's intention was to take out RCRCR for good, B-mag had to step
forward and say look "This isnt the way it's supposed to be here."

But everything finally worked out. And now George can race at RCRCR again.
Peace and Quiet at last. *sigh*

Last edited by electricguy007; 07-04-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

lol, I doubt AE will, look how long it took them to bring out a 4WD buggy
Old 07-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Man, that's a mighty thin disguise you've got there, electricguy.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by electricguy007
You gota admit B-mag helped you guys out by racing at Reo all those months
to get everyone back together again, he helped on some of that.

George's intention was to take out RCRCR for good, B-mag had to step
forward and say look "This isnt the way it's supposed to be here."

But everything finally worked out. And now George can race at RCRCR again.
Peace and Quiet at last. *sigh*

Whatever B-Mag. You aren't fooling anybody you idiot. You did nothing for us (the club) by racing at REO. For the record everybody aint back together again and I can assure you that the shit will hit the fan when George opens up his outdoor track which he plans to do in the next couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure he still has that plan since he is building an outdoor track less than 15 miles fron an established one. There are only so many racers in the area and when you split them up eventually most will fall out becasue they either don't see there pals anymore or they are disappointed with the low turnout and will look for other places to race or just get out of the hobby. The only peace and quiet I want is for you to shut your pie hole. Don't speak of things you know nothing about. It is what keeps getting you in trouble.

So B-Mag.... My next stop is the moderator PM to get your new screen name banned. This is the very reason you are permanently banned from your local track website. You don't get to make up new names and come back when you choose. It's when we choose.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
lol, I doubt AE will, look how long it took them to bring out a 4WD buggy
but it was worth the wait
Old 07-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RobbieS
For the record everybody aint back together again and I can assure you that the shit will hit the fan when George opens up his outdoor track which he plans to do in the next couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure he still has that plan since he is building an outdoor track less than 15 miles fron an established one. There are only so many racers in the area and when you split them up eventually most will fall out becasue they either don't see there pals anymore or they are disappointed with the low turnout and will look for other places to race or just get out of the hobby. The only peace and quiet I want is for you to shut your pie hole. Don't speak of things you know nothing about. It is what keeps getting you in trouble.
I will shut my pie hole ok Robbie, Everytime I post on any website you guys are, it's classified as spam to you all.
The only websites I can post on is RCworldforum and RCUniverse.
When can I come back to the RCRCR website??? Never.......
Whats the use of being an r/c racer if you cannot post anywhere???

I'm hoping more good will come outa this than bad. Hopefully I'm thinking Reo will stick to it's Friday schedule.
If they go to Saturdays that's gonna sux. Then everyone has to chose which track to go to.
That will be tottally unfair and most of us wont know what to do.
I dont want you to get the idea that I like Reo more than RCRCR because I dont.
I wouldnt have helped you guys with the track all those times if I didnt care.
Sure I didnt do a whole hell of alot, but I did help. I have never helped reo with thier track at all.
Me coming back to RCRCR was the best thing I ever did, everyone is tired of Reo, or burned out.
RCRCR is where everyone needs to race. And if George and his buddies dont want to than that's thier choice.

Last edited by electricguy007; 07-05-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:13 AM
Tech Regular

Spec racing is really just an excuse for people to develop stealth mods.

Last edited by haulin79; 07-05-2008 at 01:31 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.