R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-05-2008, 08:55 AM   #31
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulin79 View Post
Spec racing is really just an excuse for people to develop stealth mods.

Or a good excuse for them to develop there driving skillz. LOL
MajorPede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:56 AM   #32
Tech Legend

Default Ae Desert truck

Never will happen ......

If Ae made one all those , Traxxas`s would have to create another class just so their toy car`s can be competitive....

and
That not racing , its Traxxas doing their best to do what they want, and not what is best for our sport....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #33
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
Never will happen ......

If Ae made one all those , Traxxas`s would have to create another class just so their toy car`s can be competitive....

and
That not racing , its Traxxas doing their best to do what they want, and not what is best for our sport....

Thats not racing? Last I checked all you needed to race was 2 of anything. I dont see it as Traxxas doing what they want, but more of Traxxas doing what everyone (or should i say the majority of everyone) has been asking for for years. A realistic racing truck. Is that not what is best for this sport, giving the people what they want? And not what you want them to have? Now that Thunder Tiger or what ever company it was has taken over AE I would not be surprised to see something new and inventive from them.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #34
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPede View Post
Thats not racing? Last I checked all you needed to race was 2 of anything. I dont see it as Traxxas doing what they want, but more of Traxxas doing what everyone (or should i say the majority of everyone) has been asking for for years. A realistic racing truck. Is that not what is best for this sport, giving the people what they want? And not what you want them to have? Now that Thunder Tiger or what ever company it was has taken over AE I would not be surprised to see something new and inventive from them.

If Ae designed a Desert truck, it would be the end of the Traxxax`s Slash, because the Slash is`nt even close to a real r/c race truck in performance or appearance....

Is this what you want to happen ?

or
Slash class = stock Traxxax`s only ?
Old 07-05-2008, 02:39 PM   #35
Tech Adept

Quote:
If Ae designed a Desert truck, it would be the end of the Traxxax`s Slash, because the Slash is`nt even close to a real r/c race truck in performance or appearance....

Is this what you want to happen ?

or
Slash class = stock Traxxax`s only ?
Yes thats what i would love to happen. If they can make it for the same class in size, and do it better then yes. This is the product Myself and alot of people have been waiting for. If it were to have came from another company all of the AE guys and racer guys would be head over heals. But no its from Traxxas so it must be inferior. So untill AE or thunder tiger or who ever they are now decides to make a car I want like Traxxas did. They will continue to not get any of my money.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:22 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieS View Post
Whatever B-Mag. You aren't fooling anybody you idiot.
So B-Mag.... My next stop is the moderator PM to get your new screen name banned.
Good call.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:59 AM   #37
Tech Apprentice

So from the popular opinion AE apparently does not have a desert truck hidden away waiting to unvail. Which brings up another point - I must have been way in the dark about AE changing name to Thunder Tiger or whatever it is. What's this ? Somebody buying out AE or just a marketing scheme ??
Good Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:34 AM   #38
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Beer View Post
So from the popular opinion AE apparently does not have a desert truck hidden away waiting to unvail. Which brings up another point - I must have been way in the dark about AE changing name to Thunder Tiger or whatever it is. What's this ? Somebody buying out AE or just a marketing scheme ??
Thunder Tiger bought out AE years ago, in the same manner Horizon Hobby bought out Losi.
Years ago most of the US-based RC companies were relatively small, corporate America wise, because the hobby was and still is a niche market. To counteract this companies started buying each other out to increase their market share and product lines, and as a result many of the little guys that used to be around back in the day are no more.

Consequently, in todays market it's best to ignore the buzz-mill and especially the rumor-mill because even if a company does make a formal announcement of a new product it's at best 6-12 months before it reaches hobby shop shelves. And until you actually see pics of a to-be-released product, the rest is just talk and muttering that often results in nothing.
theDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I openly invite the other manufacturers to produce CORR style trucks. Lets take another Traxxas vehicle...TMaxx, people started racing them then Tamiya, HPI, Losi, AE all made a ::similar:: product. Some better than others, sure, but the basic idea and layout were similar. They became their own class.

So take a Slash, other manufacturers cannot ignore the sales and potential for sales, so they will follow the lead. More competitive, less competitive...who cares (keep in mind, racers are a small majority of the overall sales pie) as long as they are similar in layout.

If AE comes out with one (logical thought, they are sponsoring a real CORR truck), I just hope it isnt an offshoot of the RC18 series, keep it 10th scale(ish) and fun.
jk racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #40
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk racing View Post
I openly invite the other manufacturers to produce CORR style trucks.
Who do you work for, Traxxas?
If not, why are you inviting anyone to do something you're not?
theDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I am not an employee of any RC Company, but as a previous Hobby Shop and Track owner, I understand the need to keep bringing in new people into the sport. This is how we grow our hobby. I've been racing for over 20 years and have seen things come and go, fads if you wish to call them that. The other RC manufacters need to hit the nail hard and swift to ride the public interest. I personally race a Slash, and it is hands down the funnest class I have run in a very long time. It would do the class good to have some competition in it.

If I had the time, place and financial backing, I would design a competitor to the Slash, and have a good time doing it. But, in the end, we are reliant on the big RC manufacterers to make what we want. Unless we want to make a conversion kit for a current model, most garage RC manufacters wont and cant step up to the plate to make a vehicle from scratch.
jk racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 10:28 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88
Default 8

It would be cool if Jconcepts or proline made a CORR body, shocks, wheels and tires for the T4 and XXXt. With the j82 I figure this would be a good move...less R&D for everyone...
Old 07-06-2008, 10:35 PM   #43
Tech Regular

Quote:

you sure about that? the T4 sure didn't bring the Rustler to it's knees even though it's clearly a better RC

I bet AE would kill to sell as many T4's as Traxxas sells Rustlers

AE doesn't market to the same crowd as traxxas, AE does have a better product, but it's target market is much smaller than traxxas (much more beginner friendly)

unless AE comes out with the low pricetag and speed claims along with the other gimmicky junk they'll never catch up to traxxas in sales.
artie's liver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:55 PM   #44
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie's liver View Post
you sure about that? the T4 sure didn't bring the Rustler to it's knees even though it's clearly a better RC

I bet AE would kill to sell as many T4's as Traxxas sells Rustlers

AE doesn't market to the same crowd as traxxas, AE does have a better product, but it's target market is much smaller than traxxas (much more beginner friendly)

unless AE comes out with the low pricetag and speed claims along with the other gimmicky junk they'll never catch up to traxxas in sales.

Ae win`s world championships , Traxxx`s ? None ....

case closed ...
Old 07-07-2008, 12:13 AM   #45
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Ae win`s world championships , Traxxx`s ? None ....

case closed ...
You're missing the point. The way this truck is selling it is clear that many R/Cers DO want a poorer performing, realistic R/C truck. It's slower, it looks more realistic (remember when touring cars came out back in the early 90's?) and it's easy to race against other drivers with it. It isn't close to a real race truck, it's not supposed to be. That's the point. Nobody cares if Traxxas has ever won a world championship, they're still buying a ton of these.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote