R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #211
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket-mtrsprts View Post
......................................__.......... ......................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................................... .......
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll..................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll............................. ...
..............lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-..*`*;..)..........................
.................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/...................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*....................
................|.../.../.../.*`..............................)....)¯`~,....... ...........
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---........../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../....................
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|......................
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,...................
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..................
+1

c'mon guys... someone named "crawler" should already know that electric's better for torque off the line than nitro

real hybrids don't start off with the gas engine and then swap to batteries once they get rolling
artie's liver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #212
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDCrow Send a message via Skype™ to JDCrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket-mtrsprts View Post
That's JUST that shootout, otherwise the Pro2 and Pro4 trucks run in seperate races since the 2WDs aren't competitive with the 4WDs.

Barfee (go figure out who that is on your own), I know its just a Special Event. Do you have to be a combative jerk in every thread you post?

Since you are posting in as many threads as you can as fast as you can, whats your real story? Are you just hiding behind a new profile because your other one was banned?
JDCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:04 PM   #213
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOmo View Post
I can't even imagine being in Ricks position. Having to be tight liped. Getting bribes of money and hot sisters/gf/wives etc to reveal secrets of AE.

Esp. given todays economy! Its a tough market. Rick has to keep a job folks, we can't risk him losing his job for the sake of a few details which will likly be revealed sooner or later.

Rick, Id imagine, a person in your position gets all giddy about certain things which you know will impact the industry. I've met several folks directly tied in the industry and its the same thing. Knowing that you have a product that will get a lot of attention. Now I know how people in the auto industry or hell ANY industry trying to get ahead must feel.

I'll be waiting attentively!

On a side note, IF this is a simiar truck to the CORR style racing, can AE look into bringing back the Toyota Baja Truck body they made BITD for the orig. RC10T.

MOmo
Yeah guys no more gf sister wife offers, my inbox is full. pics are welcome though..
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:13 PM   #214
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie's liver View Post
+1

c'mon guys... someone named "crawler" should already know that electric's better for torque off the line than nitro
Really?

550 Mafia.
Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #215
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

new teaser on AE website... nothing new though.. same pic as the ad in RCCA
Old 07-17-2008, 05:24 PM   #216
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCrow View Post
Barfee (go figure out who that is on your own), I know its just a Special Event. Do you have to be a combative jerk in every thread you post?

Since you are posting in as many threads as you can as fast as you can, whats your real story? Are you just hiding behind a new profile because your other one was banned?
<speaking to JDCrow>Yes, he even trolls the rookie forum.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=228797

Oldshoolracer/RocketRob40/rocket-mtrsprts...doesn't hide very well as his cranky, condescending personality always shines through. And when people fight back, he calls THEM trolls. I feel sorry for him.
Morbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:30 PM   #217
Tech Adept

Even though a crawler may be a worthwhile design for AE, it's clearly not a crawler on that ad shown with a Red Bull helmet next to it (Ricky Johnson's sponsor). I'm waiting patiently. It'll look nice next to my Slash.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:56 PM   #218
Tech Master

Interesting to note that the filename of the animating CORR banner on the site is SC8-web-banner-800x310_1.gif. Is SC8 the model number of the new truck, seeing as how they have an RC8 nitro model number? Guess I'll have to keep checking back!

Last edited by kdeselms; 07-17-2008 at 06:06 PM.
kdeselms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #219
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Everyone should look at the add a lot closer. I can't wait.
SCIDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:32 PM   #220
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
Yeah guys no more gf sister wife offers, my inbox is full. pics are welcome though..

pics sent rick-dog... lol jk
Email: [email protected]
chadn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #221
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler View Post
Really?

Yup really. 1:1 hybrids are electric off the line and at low speeds, the gasoline engine kicks in to achieve highway speeds.
Losi 8T
Kyosho RB5
http://www.kolorsbykropy.net
nemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:53 PM   #222
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCIDA View Post
Everyone should look at the add a lot closer. I can't wait.
hot or cold ?

the fender graphic`s ?
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #223
Tech Adept

I'm not exactly sure what we are looking for but it is the actual RC truck in the ad. The tire tread and body (no fasteners, seams, etc) make it obvious. The image being named SC8 like mentioned above sounds like it'll be the same size as the Slash. I'm guessing we'll see this in the shops before xmas.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:21 PM   #224
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPede View Post
But what about what I and and tons of other people want? huh? When can I get the car that I want? Something that looks halfway real. Thats what the Slash and Slayer is all about. I know it is not able to go at it with a very unrealistic setup like todays 1/10th scale stadium trucks, but its the realism I am after.

I'm not demanding that other companys make a CORR style truck. I just want them to know that I am interested in this style of rc racing, and it would be cool if they joined in. (Realism). Just like the Monster truck guys, and the rock crawler guys. Thats why those classes took off like they did. Then broke of and made other classes.

More people are coming to the hobby that never would have without Traxxas. Because of Traxxas these other companys may have never got the few customer they do have if they were not pulled in buy the appeal of some Traxxas models.
I feel the same way. Now, if we could just get rid of the dish wheels and airbrush explosion paint jobs in "touring car" class.
egalsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:28 PM   #225
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
<speaking to JDCrow>Yes, he even trolls the rookie forum.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=228797

Oldshoolracer/RocketRob40/rocket-mtrsprts...doesn't hide very well as his cranky, condescending personality always shines through. And when people fight back, he calls THEM trolls. I feel sorry for him.

For being such a nimrod, and with so few posts in these boards, you sure are doing a great job making friends here rook.

Oh, and by definition, trolls do exactly as you've done in your short time here ~ adding little if anything yet trolling around with smartass remarks looking to start something.
rocket-mtrsprts is offline   Reply With Quote