Associated Off Road Desert Truck ?

You're on Page 11 of 37
Go to
  • Quote: I think I have said too much already! There should be new official information shortly.
    You BASTARD!

    Could you atleast phrase us something like, "Associated's next major release is slated for the month of __________"? I'm about to explode over here...
  • Quote: I think I have said too much already! There should be new official information shortly.
    TEASE, Tease, tease....

    ~ Rick, you're as bad as a stripper...........
  • Does anybody have a scan of the RCCA ad?
  • Quote: Rick, you're as bad as a stripper...........
    Quote: TEASE, Tease, tease....

    ~ Rick, you're as bad as a stripper...........
    Quote: TEASE, Tease, tease....

    ~ Rick, you're as bad as a stripper...........
    Man, how many times you gotta say that?
  • Quote: Man, how many times you gotta say that?
    go back to trolling where ever you came from rook
  • Quote: Man, how many times you gotta say that?
    Well he is!!!

    "TAKE THE BRA OFF ALREADY!"
  • Quote: go back to trolling where ever you came from rook
    Sorry, Oldschoolracer. dint mean to upset ya! I'll tell my brother to shut up.
  • See a scan of the ad here:http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...3D+corr&page=2
  • Quote: See a scan of the ad here:http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...3D+corr&page=2
    gaaahhh all that did was get me more wound up!

    "Is it just a Team Associated/Steve Barlow ad or are they hinting about a new truck?"
  • RCCA
    Think this it ?

    Associated Off Road Desert Truck ?-ae-corr.jpg  

  • New trucks are cool but I think this truck will hurt CORR-style rc racing more than help it.

    A lot of people are digging the slash because it's cheap and fun. My guess is that this truck will cost significantly more and will be faster around a track and less durable (more race-like). So the two trucks probably won't really be race-able against each other. It will then turn what was a "just for fun" class into something where you have to keep buying new stuff to be competitive, like every other class.

    Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see.
  • It will help racing, not hurt .
    Traxxas making their Slash, Ae with their new ride...

    Think of all the new racer`s both car`s will attract into racing .
  • Quote: gaaahhh all that did was get me more wound up!

    "Is it just a Team Associated/Steve Barlow ad or are they hinting about a new truck?"


    Mike - Did you NOT see the truck in the ad?
  • Quote: New trucks are cool but I think this truck will hurt CORR-style rc racing more than help it.

    A lot of people are digging the slash because it's cheap and fun. My guess is that this truck will cost significantly more and will be faster around a track and less durable (more race-like). So the two trucks probably won't really be race-able against each other. It will then turn what was a "just for fun" class into something where you have to keep buying new stuff to be competitive, like every other class.

    Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see.
    You might be both right and wrong. I'm sure an AE stadium scaler truck will be more competition-based than the Slash, and Associated has every right to make it that way.

    But what I'm seeing is a total restructure of the way R/C stadium racing is run. CORR rules are fairly loose when it comes to how the trucks can be built, mostly it comes down to things like engine output, minimum weight, and suspension layout (wheelbase, track width, travel, etc.). Other than that, as long as they're happy with the way your rollcage is constructed everything is fair game.

    I say why not take that attitude with R/C? Instead of trying to come up with a strict set of rules in an industry that's constantly changing, let's just go back to saying "it has to be this kind of chassis, with this kind of motor, and this kind of tire, and any disputes will be resolved by the race director". That's how it was back when I got started racing Stock Truck, the only rules were it had to be a stadium truck chassis, 27T motor, 2.2" truck tires, and a 6-cell battery. 'Course, the coming of brushless motors and LiPo batteries is what f**ked this whole operation up to begin with, but that's a whole other kettle of fish.

    Long story short, instead of wringing our hands over trying to come up with umpteen rules and regulations for trucks that manufacturers haven't even released teaser photos of, let's just keep it simple, use common sense, and let the industry sort itself out.
  • Quote: Mike - Did you NOT see the truck in the ad?
    Yeah, it's a picture of the PRO-2 that Barlow driv...

    ~notices the truck in the picture has a windshield~

    oh...OH...OMFG...

Similar Threads