Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Does Kyosho candy have razor blades in it? >

Does Kyosho candy have razor blades in it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Kyosho candy have razor blades in it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:14 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I know from my best friend that when he was going to race for Kyosho he was told to order the new rear suspension upgrade kit because it is really makes the car so much better.

We also have an average joe running the RB5 and the car works for him but with the new rear end conversion his car was a few tneths faster a lap ever since and its not because the driver all of a sudden he is better at driving, but the new parts on his car made him faster.

Some companies make more new parts than others. Associated to me over the last 23 years seems to make the least amount of major changes to cars. It is a toss up as all the major companies make changes in the products they sell and yes some do make more than others.

I would suggest going with the company that you think makes the least amount of changes and run them as it should in return make you happier in the long run. No company can or ever will make everyone happy!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

My real bitch was about the "all new" RB-5 and why it didn't have the worlds rear end in the kit. I still think it should have and should be included in the kit and I am still upset it is not.

And yes I do like Kyosho Race Cars and their team racers.

I hear seem to hear excuses from Kyosho like 'we haven't been around long enough to be stocked on all LHS shelves' and I don't like it. Kyosho has been around longer then Losi and still have excuses for not being on LHS shelves. They claim the "little guy" LHS is just complaining to complain. I think their complaints are warranted and the excuses of the Kyosho company are hollow. All the little guys complain about the way Kyosho handles their shipping. Same bitch at different LHS's around the country, I'd bet it is true.

This is not a thread aimed at any one person. No one should have taken my remarks to heart or think they were directed at them. This is a problem with Kyosho companies that we all feel, even the KY drivers.

Steps have been taken by kyosho to re-enter the racing market. What Kyosho has to realize is the bad business habits of their past need to be remidied or they will come back to haunt them. Mark my words. If they do not give the little guys a chance, their business in america will slowly retard. It happened to them in the 80's. The same LHS complaints then are the same now.

Kyosho's perspectis needs to have some rough edges removed before they can leap forward.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nc-hopsing

Yup, my opinion is that you're pissed. Just like its your opinion that Kyosho is trying to screw the racer by coming out with all these new and improved upgrades for a car "that shouldnt require them".

And for your information, this was my first big race with Kyosho. I've been on the team for about two months. I joined the team because of the way Kyosho is striving to make better cars and trying to give the racers better products.

And yes, I do run the worlds kit. Because its what works for me on the tracks I race on. It still doesnt mean that its needed. There have been several racers that have posted in other threads not liking the worlds rear end on their cars at their particular tracks.

I gave examples of where every other manufacturer has and does the same thing as what you say Kyosho is doing wrong. But you got nothing to say except that I have a skewed outlook because I'm sponsored?

Things have changed since the RB5 came out for sure. So what. The Hot Bodies D4 came out about the same time, and they introduced a complete new car now. Kyosho has an update kit for the RB5. Big deal. Every company does it, and will if they come up with a newer, better product or design.

If you arent mad, then why start this post in the first place? What were you trying to get out of it?

Why do you keep trying to pass judgement to other companies??? Go take a look in the mirror and try not to lie to yourself!
Old 07-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by STRINGCHEESE
Do you think we are all stupid? You probably go through your whole day thinking everyone around you is stupid. Other drivers, co-workers, family members, etc. Here's the burn bud; The stupidest people in the world are the ones who think everyone else is stupid. When you come to the realization that we are not you will look back at the way you have talked to and treated people you will realize what an ass you are.
You are once again incorrect. You can ask anyone that I race with and they will tell you that I do not talk down to anyone or think anyone is stupid. On the other hand, I know you are stupid, hence the reason that I speak to you the way that I do.

Just look back through your post history and this thread and re-read you responses. You have proved to the world your lack of intelligence and rational thoughts, I am just calling you on it, bud.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

My real bitch was about the "all new" RB-5 and why it didn't have the worlds rear end in the kit. I still think it should have and should be included in the kit and I am still upset it is not.
Ummm...dude...that blurb you quoted was from the original release of the car. It was all new at the time and the "World's kit" didn't even exist at the time.

That upgrade actually came about from some of the local Kyosho racers and team guys playing around in the parts bins, trying to tweak the car to hook it down even better on loose tracks. It was kinda expensive the way they did it (piecing it together), so Kyosho released a (cheaper) kit with every new part they've come up with all in one bag.

The RB-5 is dialed...tough as nails and it handles great. Sometimes, you don't save money by trying to save money. I spent more money working on a Losi XXX-CR (repairing it and trying to make it turn) that I got for $100. In the year I've had my RB-5, I've never DNF'd once.

You get what you pay for.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:37 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

And yes I do like Kyosho Race Cars and their team racers.

I hear seem to hear excuses from Kyosho like 'we haven't been around long enough to be stocked on all LHS shelves' and I don't like it. Kyosho has been around longer then Losi and still have excuses for not being on LHS shelves. They claim the "little guy" LHS is just complaining to complain. I think their complaints are warranted and the excuses of the Kyosho company are hollow. All the little guys complain about the way Kyosho handles their shipping. Same bitch at different LHS's around the country, I'd bet it is true.

This is not a thread aimed at any one person. No one should have taken my remarks to heart or think they were directed at them. This is a problem with Kyosho companies that we all feel, even the KY drivers.

Steps have been taken by kyosho to re-enter the racing market. What Kyosho has to realize is the bad business habits of their past need to be remidied or they will come back to haunt them. Mark my words. If they do not give the little guys a chance, their business in america will slowly retard. It happened to them in the 80's. The same LHS complaints then are the same now.

Kyosho's perspectis needs to have some rough edges removed before they can leap forward.
Kyosho has in the past had problems getting parts to consumers.............mainly when they where distributed thru Great Planes. GP never had anything in stock for the Kyosho lines no matter when you seemed to order them.

Now that they are on their own it might be easier to get parts but alot of places will not give them a try because of past experiances with them. It is alot harder to get customers back once you lost then it is to get new ones in most cases. Plus shops are going to steer customers to products they carry and again most don't have Kyosho. It will take a long to time change that.

If you run non main stream cars/trucks then expect to have to carry more parts than the average guy and expect it hard to get parts.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Why do you keep trying to pass judgement to other companies??? Go take a look in the mirror and try not to lie to yourself!

What companies am I trying to pass judgment on? .....and why are you yelling? And wow, I'm not lying about anything either.....to myself or anyone else.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:44 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

What companies am I trying to pass judgment on? .....and why are you yelling? And wow, I'm not lying about anything either.....to myself or anyone else.
Steve was truthful and very helpful when he ran for Academy and posted in those threads and I see no difference in this thread other than he has Kyosho stuff instead of his Academy.

Brian
Old 07-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Damn...and to think...I used to really like stringcheese.

I hope some cranky-ass guy doesn't take the screen name "Fresh Strawberries" or "Mango Chipotle".
Old 07-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This is an interesting thread.

So, what would have happened if they came out with a RB5.2 "worlds edition" after you bought your car and not a conversion kit? You would have been even more pissed. Be thankful a conversion came out.
You didn't even say he was pissed, you said he would be! But he sounds kinda mad now.

Stringcheese, you may have the right to complain, but you should realize that the press release you quoted is still being used because it's the same car that's on the shelves now. It's still a good car, and it's still being sold. Until Kyosho comes out with an RB-6, it's going to be the same way. It's not realistic expect Kyosho and all the hobby shops to pull their existing RB-5's off the shelves in anticipation of the RB-6, so people can feel like they just bought the latest. The upgrade kits are a good intermediate solution to solve that. I wish the other companies would do it!
Old 07-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If this guy is having an issue with an upgrade kit to a buggy I hope he never gets involved in TC. Constant upgrades to those cars all the time. Some kits don't even last a year before they decide on a whole new design.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

I'll bite on this a bit more...

Then Associated shouldn't have brought out the original stealth transmission after the RC10CE and just should've just introduced everything in the team car? Associated gave options for many kits at the time, but the cheapest car kit you could get still had oilite bushings and no stealth tranny. There was a ball bearing option or a team option, but it required me spending a lot for the kit. (as a HS student at the time, i was sorta cash strapped and i scraped money to buy the team car) You would've been upset for a decade+ if things "the team uses" not being included in the kit bothered you. Imho, its not absolutely necessary to have these things in your car. Kyosho's base car is competitive out of the box and the hop-up parts and updates make it that much better.

This is a legit complaint that everybody has. Actually if you look at the company, Gil Losi Jr is working for kyosho now. I'm sure that things will be on the up and up if he is there working for Kyosho USA. I'm not a spokesman for kyosho or a mouthpiece, but the average schmuck trying to get back racing again and I think kyosho is really doing a great job trying to get new stuff and options that I can use out. If I need it, I can swap parts and make some adjustments and not wait for a new kit to come out.

O rly? You seem to be taking out what seems to be a lot of anger against people who are factory guys trying to give you some info and help. Take it or leave it but try not to shoot the messenger. I would've died in the day if Cliff Lett were able to answer my questions directly as opposed to spending 5-7 bucks on RCCA at the LHS trying to comb through every article for IFMAR and ROAR setups.

To be honest, i think things will turn around as long as LosiJr is there. As much as I had the us vs losi itch in the days I started, I'd like to see the rivalry rekindled/reincarnated again so it helps out the hobby.

My $0.02
Old 07-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

To clairify for you, by stating 'passing judgement' in my previous post, I meant that in your statement:

"Hot Bodies came out with a "worlds edition" D4 after the intitial D4 release. Tamyia recently introduced a "worlds edition" 501x as well. And I believe that both of those companies offer the upgrade parts separately for those that already own the "standard" versions and dont want to purchase a new car. Every company does it, not just Kyosho"

You were "passing judgement" of Kyosho to these other companies. And to para-phrase what i heard was: It's not me it's the other guy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of kyoshos problems stem from the Executive decisions at Kyosho Japan and trickle down from there. If kyosho wants to come out with their guns blazing, then they had better be doing everything better then the other guy. Their past PR reputation needs to be over come. They can not do it with just a bit of buffing. What they need to do is get some bondo and a bit of 150 grit and fix those dents. This needs to happen before all their work is thrwarted by an old dud they forgot to take out of their pistol. They have all the tools they just need a little TLC.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

To clairify for you, by stating 'passing judgement' in my previous post, I meant that in your statement:

"Hot Bodies came out with a "worlds edition" D4 after the intitial D4 release. Tamyia recently introduced a "worlds edition" 501x as well. And I believe that both of those companies offer the upgrade parts separately for those that already own the "standard" versions and dont want to purchase a new car. Every company does it, not just Kyosho"

You were "passing judgement" of Kyosho to these other companies. And to para-phrase what i heard was: It's not me it's the other guy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of kyoshos problems stem from the Executive decisions at Kyosho Japan and trickle down from there. If kyosho wants to come out with their guns blazing, then they had better be doing everything better then the other guy. Their past PR reputation needs to be over come. They can not do it with just a bit of buffing. What they need to do is get some bondo and a bit of 150 grit and fix those dents. This needs to happen before all their work is thrwarted by an old dud they forgot to take out of their pistol. They have all the tools they just need a little TLC.

you need professional help.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Why? Way too many $50 and $100 upgades to their "state of the art" racers. I've just had enough.

Does anyone else feel this way?
So far the answer is no, others don't feel this way.

Let's go a bit further and ask you then, if YOU were Kyosho, what would YOU do? If your team drivers were experimenting with different arms, shock lengths, chassis, etc. and found something that worked, as a racing company, what would you do?

If Kyosho has made mistakes in the past (I'm not saying they did or didn't), what would be your plans to fix it all?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.