R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-02-2008, 12:37 PM   #76
Tech Adept

RB_FIVE....your back! Took you a while to recover.

__________________________________________________ _______________
STRINGCHEESE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:38 PM   #77
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Hey String Cheese, let's make this simple; if you don't like Kyosho...don't buy one. I have run Losi, AE, X-6 and all are capable for the average guy like me. I am certain the Kyosho would be as I have friends running them.
nutz4rcyktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:38 PM   #78
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRINGCHEESE View Post
RB_FIVE....your back! Took you a while to recover.

__________________________________________________ _______________
Recover from what ?
Old 07-02-2008, 12:42 PM   #79
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

shoot i ran out of popcorn hold on guys..........ok got my refill...back to the action
ding ding
mxnut273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:46 PM   #80
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
And yes I do like Kyosho Race Cars and their team racers.

I hear seem to hear excuses from Kyosho like 'we haven't been around long enough to be stocked on all LHS shelves' and I don't like it. Kyosho has been around longer then Losi and still have excuses for not being on LHS shelves. They claim the "little guy" LHS is just complaining to complain. I think their complaints are warranted and the excuses of the Kyosho company are hollow. All the little guys complain about the way Kyosho handles their shipping. Same bitch at different LHS's around the country, I'd bet it is true.

This is not a thread aimed at any one person. No one should have taken my remarks to heart or think they were directed at them. This is a problem with Kyosho companies that we all feel, even the KY drivers.

Steps have been taken by kyosho to re-enter the racing market. What Kyosho has to realize is the bad business habits of their past need to be remidied or they will come back to haunt them. Mark my words. If they do not give the little guys a chance, their business in america will slowly retard. It happened to them in the 80's. The same LHS complaints then are the same now.

Kyosho's perspectis needs to have some rough edges removed before they can leap forward.
Now this is a legitimate complaint....its not even close to your original post where you were bagging on Kyosho for coming out with "too many upgrades". Its a moot point that needs to be dropped. Upgrades have always and will always exist as a part of racing. They are never a necessity if you are a casual club racer, but can be the e-ticket for someone that is very serious into racing.

Yes, there are some issues with parts stocking at LHS's and even at Kyosho America. Issues that are trying to be worked out. Its a long process trying to restructure a path that had been started years ago. Gil Losi Jr and the crew at Kyosho America are working hard on those issues, and hopefully one day soon, we'll see the Red Army stocked in alot more shops. You've said that you like the cars that you do have. So obviously Kyosho is doing something right. There are a lot of other happy customers out there, and more to follow I hope!

Quote:
To clairify for you, by stating 'passing judgement' in my previous post, I meant that in your statement:

"Hot Bodies came out with a "worlds edition" D4 after the intitial D4 release. Tamyia recently introduced a "worlds edition" 501x as well. And I believe that both of those companies offer the upgrade parts separately for those that already own the "standard" versions and dont want to purchase a new car. Every company does it, not just Kyosho"

You were "passing judgement" of Kyosho to these other companies. And to para-phrase what i heard was: It's not me it's the other guy.

Well, I wasnt trying to pass judgment on any company.....merely stating a fact that every company out there does the same thing Not just Kyosho. You're first post put Kyosho out there as the "evil" company that came out with upgrades that werent necessary. Its a fact that upgrades will be a part of rc racing. Everyone has come on here with legitimate reasoning, and some have probably passed judgment on you without cause. You have been rude to me, and I have never said anything bad about you (unless you think that me saying you seemed pissed was). I never said you were wrong in your feelings, all I did was try to give examples to show that you weren't entirely correct in them. If you took it the wrong way, then I'm sorry.

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net

Last edited by nc-hopsing; 07-02-2008 at 01:04 PM.
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:58 PM   #81
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchy View Post
So far the answer is no, others don't feel this way.

Let's go a bit further and ask you then, if YOU were Kyosho, what would YOU do? If your team drivers were experimenting with different arms, shock lengths, chassis, etc. and found something that worked, as a racing company, what would you do?

If Kyosho has made mistakes in the past (I'm not saying they did or didn't), what would be your plans to fix it all?
I've been chewing on this for a while. My feelings about the Kyosho Corp are as follows. If you are going to be a racing car manufacturer, you need to be readily available. If I was Kyosho I would reconnect with LHS's by making it easier (cheaper) to receive shipments. If I was Kyosho I would stick to my guns. I would stay current in all my racing car classes, if i couldn't make a car for every class then I wouldn't try to. I would just stick to a few classes and stay current in those. Kyosho is not steady. If I was kyosho I would strive to not just fall off the side of the earth. I've noticed Kyosho just disappears then BOOM there they are again. From gone to on top, then gone again. I think that is due to the way the LHS's are treated. Today it's better. They are making improvement in this area but I still hear the shipping is high. I would want to have more stock on the shelves. I would get it there by making it cheap to get it there, even cheaper then the other guy. Here's another little thing Kyosho does, they jack their price. Yes their prices are only a little more then domestic brands. How does that happen? in every other manufacturing realm/business/whatever american products cost nearly double their japanese counterpart (automobiles are now manufactured in us and why cost jumped). This may be speculation but I think Kyosho's car prices could be considerably lower. I'd lower profit margin, lower shipping costs, and fill the shelves. This would establish a much stronger market and secure my future.

Excuse me for a bit. I'll get back to this in a minute
Old 07-02-2008, 01:38 PM   #82
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Quote:
I've been chewing on this for a while. My feelings about the Kyosho Corp are as follows. If you are going to be a racing car manufacturer, you need to be readily available. If I was Kyosho I would reconnect with LHS's by making it easier (cheaper) to receive shipments. If I was Kyosho I would stick to my guns. I would stay current in all my racing car classes, if i couldn't make a car for every class then I wouldn't try to. I would just stick to a few classes and stay current in those. Kyosho is not steady. If I was kyosho I would strive to not just fall off the side of the earth. I've noticed Kyosho just disappears then BOOM there they are again. From gone to on top, then gone again. I think that is due to the way the LHS's are treated. Today it's better. They are making improvement in this area but I still hear the shipping is high. I would want to have more stock on the shelves. I would get it there by making it cheap to get it there, even cheaper then the other guy. Here's another little thing Kyosho does, they jack their price. Yes their prices are only a little more then domestic brands. How does that happen? in every other manufacturing realm/business/whatever american products cost nearly double their japanese counterpart (automobiles are now manufactured in us and why cost jumped). This may be speculation but I think Kyosho's car prices could be considerably lower. I'd lower profit margin, lower shipping costs, and fill the shelves. This would establish a much stronger market and secure my future.

What am i recovering from.... ??
Old 07-02-2008, 01:57 PM   #83
Tech Adept

Ok, I'm back.
nc sorry about the harsh tone. I was getting bashed bad there for a while.

Here is one other, and probably my biggest, point. Kyosho currently makes loads of R/C vehicles (i'm sure they make more that I'm unaware of). Airplanes, heli's, tanks, you name it they make it. Maybe they would benifit by not making all the middle ranged r/c stuff. I can see the 'toy' r/c is probably a great market. I would simply stop production of all the rediculous middle of the road models they offer. They are all hobby shop based models that aren't showcased in any magazine media and are too expensive to be toys. Retailers buy them and end up stuck with them sitting on the shelves until they are obsolete. i would draw a line and cut the fat. Make walmart toys and thorobread racers/performance fliers, keeping rtr version racers like the rtr zx-5. This would make my kyosho complete. A good toy like would be my backbone for when racing times are down.
It's easier to restock for the LHS then to remove stock. Get stuff on the shelves!

For all you that have been wondering where all this talk came from, the honest truth is, I love and have always loved Kyosho. I used to druel over their racers in 1984 in the r/c controller magazines. They just never did what I've been talking about. Parts were scarce, bla, bla ,bla. It was even tougher when I had to walk to the (in 1984 when I was 8) hobby shop and they didn't carry Kyosho. My parents thought like I do. Well what if it breaks, they have parts for this car, bla, bla, bla. I NEVER said I don't like Kyosho. The thing is I DO like Kyosho. They even look great. That's the thing. I want Kyosho around. I want these things to happen. It's been like a bad affair for me and I just don't want to get my heart broken again. I've often wondered why they can make such great cars then just not.
I'm really an easy guy to get along with, and I know I've made some friends here. Thanks for allowing me to rant and GO KYOSHO!
Old 07-02-2008, 02:03 PM   #84
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

uh...
Old 07-02-2008, 02:05 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

No problem Stringcheese............... I hear your frustrations, and I honestly believe Kyosho America and Kyosho Japan does too. Its just going to take some time and restructuring of the current "playbook". Its something I had a talk with Gil Jr about not soo long ago. They're working on it...trust me

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:09 PM   #86
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchy View Post
This is an interesting thread.

You didn't even say he was pissed, you said he would be! But he sounds kinda mad now.

Stringcheese, you may have the right to complain, but you should realize that the press release you quoted is still being used because it's the same car that's on the shelves now. It's still a good car, and it's still being sold. Until Kyosho comes out with an RB-6, it's going to be the same way. It's not realistic expect Kyosho and all the hobby shops to pull their existing RB-5's off the shelves in anticipation of the RB-6, so people can feel like they just bought the latest. The upgrade kits are a good intermediate solution to solve that. I wish the other companies would do it!
FYI I just copied and pasted that from the Kyosho website here:
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/cars/in...part_num=30074
It's currently the only Kyosho media on the RB-5
Old 07-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #87
Tech Adept

I'm gonna go race now. Ya'll have a great 4th and be sure to check out my pictures on my other post.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=229914
Old 07-02-2008, 02:24 PM   #88
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Your theories are interesting, but I'm not sure they make a lot of business sense. There is a reason why Traxxas is one of the if not THE biggest RC company out there. Most RC enthusiasts are not racers (I don't know what the statistic is).

What you say might be great for racers like you, me and many others on this board, but not so great for Kyosho. Cutting their profits by making everything cheap, charging less for shipping, etc. would probably force them into cheaper manufacturing processes and we would get an inferior product. They'd probably have to cut their R&D, their racing team etc. Then as a result, less sales and a downward spiral, probably suicide for a racing company.

In the end, it's still a business.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:40 PM   #89
Tech Addict

Believe it or not Kyosho actually has one of if not the Smallest Profit margins in the industry already. They are the last company making race quality vehicles in Japan and Yes it costs more in Japan.

Also if you think the "USA" companies actually make everything in the "USA" then your crazy. AE is done by Thunder Tiger now. Horizon does a lot with China.

As far as shipping goes there isn't much you can do. Unless you own a business that does a lot of shipping right now you may not understand how crazy shipping prices are.
-Kal-Gard -TnT-Fx -TKO Bearings -Track Star
-Pyrographix Paints -Ballistic Batteries
TRCRacer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:51 PM   #90
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:

Crap, someone beat me to my point. I hate it when work gets in the way of posting stuff on RcTech.

Last edited by mkdut; 07-02-2008 at 03:02 PM.
mkdut is offline   Reply With Quote