R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-29-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Best Traxxas Rustler XL-5 Combo?

Alright I want to buy this vehicle but dont want to buy the parts separately which are required, can anyone please tell me the best combo which have everything included required to run the Rustler XL5 like fast racer battery, connectors, charger etc.

PS: I live in United Arab Emirates.
kashif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What is your budget for batteries/charger?

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:24 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris__RC View Post
What is your budget for batteries/charger?
See I am not a professional RC person, all I need is complete set of accessories along with the vehicle. I want the combo pack including battery which can make this rustler run up to 30 mph to 35MPH and also the charger which is suitable to charge the battery. You can tell me the price, actually I have not decide my budget yet if the combo which u ll show me is very good and worth having than I can surely buy it.

Now the confusing part, I heard that if u are not professional u will ending up burning the batteries or the motor. Please also tell me how to avoid that as I am a newbie and requiers all the things in the combo which are necessary and risk proof.

Please reply as soon as possible.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
Tech Master

I would start off by getting a nice 7 cell 4000+ mAh battery. So look for those batteries and dont get a Tenegy battery or any battery off ebay fr that matter. Then I would get a nice quslity charger, like a Duratrax Piranha Digital. It is $50, but has alot of features and will last you a long time. So that is around $100 right there. That should be getting you up to around 35MPH. But give us a link to the packs your gonna get so we can tekll you if they are good or not.

It is pretty rare that you overheat the motor unless you floor it the whole time for a couple battery packs. But don't go up in pinion size to the 28t. The 23t is perfect and with that battery/charger combo it will get you going 35 without needing that higher pinion as the bigger the pinion causes more overheating. Run a bit, then touch the motor with you finger. If you can hold it on there for more than 4 seconds, then the motor is too hot and needs to be shut off and to cool down. So just avoid running back to back battery packs without letting the motor vool down 1st.

Hope this helped.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Old 06-30-2008, 03:31 PM   #5
Tech Initiate

Quote:
I would start off by getting a nice 7 cell 4000+ mAh battery. So look for those batteries and dont get a Tenegy battery or any battery off ebay fr that matter. Then I would get a nice quslity charger, like a Duratrax Piranha Digital. It is $50, but has alot of features and will last you a long time. So that is around $100 right there. That should be getting you up to around 35MPH. But give us a link to the packs your gonna get so we can tekll you if they are good or not.

It is pretty rare that you overheat the motor unless you floor it the whole time for a couple battery packs. But don't go up in pinion size to the 28t. The 23t is perfect and with that battery/charger combo it will get you going 35 without needing that higher pinion as the bigger the pinion causes more overheating. Run a bit, then touch the motor with you finger. If you can hold it on there for more than 4 seconds, then the motor is too hot and needs to be shut off and to cool down. So just avoid running back to back battery packs without letting the motor vool down 1st.

Hope this helped.
Hey Chris thanx a lot man for your detailed reply. Your reply relieved me a lot as I was worried about the mottor too much after reading people's problem here of motor burned out.

I found these combos on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-Rustler-...713.m153.l1262

The problem is that the Seller is not replying to any of my questions. Can u please tell me according to your experience, Do i need to buy anything else after buying this combo to make the Rustler run? and what u suggest the speed of Rustler and battery time I will get on both of the above combos?

Also on Tower hobbies I found this Combo but I think the battery is not suitable.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1p?&I=LZ1299**

Please do comment on this combo also on all the above stated questions of Speed, battery, durabilty etc and please tell me which is the best combo among these or If u have any other combo or site link u can post here or PM me whatever u like.

Please Bro help me as I am dying to have a remote control in my hand and watching my favourite car to run!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 05:06 PM   #6
Tech Master

ok, so is your budget about $300 because that was your highest combo. If you don't buy a combo like that, you can get better stuff for the same price. Lemme find something in that range.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

Quote:
ok, so is your budget about $300 because that was your highest combo. If you don't buy a combo like that, you can get better stuff for the same price. Lemme find something in that range.
Its not $300, Its U$262 and U$ 76 shipping. Are u including the shipping also? Yesa anything included shipping of U$300 is always welcome.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:20 PM   #8
Tech Initiate

Please show the best durable combo so I can decide.

PS: Can also PM ME.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:18 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default LHS

Do you have a local hobby shop? If so, you may want to check there also. If so, they could help you with future problems. Also, check Tower Hobbies they frequently have "Ultimate Combos" that include everything needed.
nutz4rcyktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:16 PM   #10
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw View Post
Do you have a local hobby shop? If so, you may want to check there also. If so, they could help you with future problems. Also, check Tower Hobbies they frequently have "Ultimate Combos" that include everything needed.
In my area this vehicle is not available and I have to order it from another city. Also I have checked the combos at Towerhobbies but they are offering a low battery.

Anyway, thanx for the reply.