Wiki Posts
Search

Has Anyone Raced a Stampede?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Has Anyone Raced a Stampede?

Just wondering if anyone has raced a stampede with stampede size tires or regular ST size tires. I have a T3 on the way for me but my nephew has showed mixed interest in racing. He is only 10 with minimal RC driving experience. Yes I am sure we would be at the track several times before he attempt a race but would the pede with ST size tires and covert it over to run a ST size body put him where he needs to be? The track is a large track and they focus on larger rc's and nitro. They only run one electric field and everything runs in it. For him this will be a basher racer. The fact that he could put the pede tires back on it and run easily in the grass is ideal for him. Plus we already have it. Years ago I was into RC pretty good when I got out I kept 2 pede's one for me and one his. His has a Cheap ESC and stock motor. It has not left my house so its has not been used much. Has RPM bearing carriers and bumper. Masher 2000 tires and Futaba Radio. I would have to sell it to get him something else. What should I do? Try to mod it over to run on the track? Get a Rusty or another T3?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I haven't raced a Stampede - but at 10 years old I would say let your nephew go for it. Once he has fun and gets some experience, then drop the cash for a more dedicated racer! I started out with a Kyosho Ultima ST and once my skill eclipsed my truck's capabilities I moved up to a Losi XX-T (this was several years ago!).

Fun first...a better truck isn't going to help him if he's never raced at all. Chances are just driving cleanly will do him better than anything right now.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

I raced a stampede with my B4 and I kicked it's butt
Old 06-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

^^^ Nooooo! Really?!?! You actually beat a entry-grade Stampede truck with your World Champ RC10 B4??? That's just madddddd

I recon a Stampede would be great for a new racer. Yes he will get his butt kicked, but it will be much easier to learn the basics of racing. Set-up and tuning is the biggest factor in racing, but the hardest to understand, expecially if you're 10. A basic truck will make it a lot easier to get a grip on racing without destroying a more expensive racing truck.

Also, the Pede will be good for a Pro Stock motor and a few other gooides as he gets better before having to fork out on a full-on racing truck.

My 2c....
Old 06-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

No never raced that piece of junk and why would you?
Old 06-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Just run like it is, the Stampede is a fun fast capable truck. Let him get the hang of driving on the track and see if it is somthing he wants to continue with. Then make the decision to sell the Stampede and upgrade to a real stadium truck.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

last week in the new slash class there was a guy running a pede he seemed to do fine
Old 06-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

because we already have it and he is only 10. Something slow is going to help im my opinion. Would keep him more on the track and the other guys could drive around him easier. Im not in it to win just for fun if the trucks still running and can finish the main I consider it a win and a Great day.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

seems like a good idea, teach him how to keep it off its lid and once he learns how to get around good get him a real racing machine and he should be much better
Old 06-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Well, thanks for all the input so quickly. I may still convert the body over as it needs one anyway. Still not sure I have seen some pretty decent deals on rustys under $100 RTR and that would get him blending in more and could get the money back from the pede. Hard to tell may get the pede race able and when he is ready to upgrade I will be to and he could get the T3. Just anther question if your racing would you get upset with someone racing a pede?
Old 06-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

i wouldnt care, u should see if where u race has a novice class would be perfect
Old 06-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

No everyone runs nitros, There are only on average 6 electric racers so everyone runs in every race. Thats why they have mixed buggies and trucks in the same race.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

www.ultimatetraxxas.com

The "Jang" has done a bunch of traxxas projects, the stampede is one of em.

IMO, you could put in some shorter springs to lower the height, and it would be good. sometimes i run at my track with my stampede, i lower it before running. i get laptimes about 5-7 seconds slower than with my XXX-CR, so its obviously not a racer.

But for a 10 year old, the stampede will do great. Reduce the steering for the little guy, and hopefully he'll stay in between the pipes!

Cheers!
Old 06-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Angry DICK

Originally Posted by Crazy Carl
No never raced that piece of junk and why would you?
dude u don't have to be such a DICK some people don't have $$ to blow on rc but by the way traxxas is not a piece shit it is one of the best brand and is very affordable.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonBoy
No everyone runs nitros, There are only on average 6 electric racers so everyone runs in every race. Thats why they have mixed buggies and trucks in the same race.
Then you are going to have noobies running high-dollar trucks and whatever they have running around too - I would get more angry at someone that was hacking and running into everyone because he didn't know what he was doing regardless of what he is driving. The Pede will work fine to teach him how to race and if people aren't jackasses they will respect that and encourage your nephew no matter what he is driving.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.