R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-16-2008, 03:20 AM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

that was my first off road race and it was loads of fun. im going to be sticking with it. im trying to save up some money so i can race my truggy. i got it as a roller and it needs servos, motor and pipe. nitro looks alot more fun than electric. i will get into it pretty heavy next year.
triggerman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:41 PM   #32
Tech Master

Yeah, it's a blast. I like the size and look of nitro truggies and of course the sound makes them seem "ballsier," I'll probably get one sometime down the road - but not anytime soon. It's too expensive right now. I have plenty of fun with electric and I'm not sure I would want the added learning curve of tuning fuel-driven cars, right now.
kdeselms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #33
Tech Master

i dont know about the whole tuning deal. im not ready it tune something just because it wants to be tempermental. weather changes, changing different kinds of fuels, can be understood. i guess enough time with nitro, it would become easier to tune things and know what happens if something went wrong.
i have somebody to ask that has been in it for a while(10+ years)but i like to find things out on my own. i didnt have bow ties at the last race, which was the tire to run. i had them on my slider and it would hook up great in the corners. i also did some stuff to the suspension that helped. i need a little more time with the xxx t. ill have it fingered out soon enough. im takeing some things from when i used to race atv motocross which helps a little. i run spectrum in everything. its great when you have the same frequency as someone else when your raceing and they deside to do some tweeks and try it out and for some reason you end up off the track running up the marshals leg. now the closest track is miles from my house so ill have to make one in the patch of the corn field next to my house.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:37 AM   #34
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nitro's fun and all (as far as I know never drove one though) but it's even funner to race electric against nitro I've done a few times a beat the nitros everytime. We only did it because there wasn't enough to make a nitro st class so we threw them in with the mod electrics. Lot of fun though because you don't really know how electric will do against nitro.
hovkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:36 PM   #35
Tech Apprentice

nitros are fun...its that sound they make...
Goodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:06 AM   #36
Tech Master

and their smell. my buddy has a twin engine mammoth. it sounds like a small banshee. not too fun to start.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:59 AM   #37
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerman101 View Post
that was my first off road race and it was loads of fun. im going to be sticking with it. im trying to save up some money so i can race my truggy. i got it as a roller and it needs servos, motor and pipe. nitro looks alot more fun than electric. i will get into it pretty heavy next year.

Since nitro has plateaued and is all but dying off in some places, since you're starting with a roller you might ought to look into doing a brushless conversion and eliminate the tuning and various other nitro issues and expenses.
rocket-mtrsprts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:31 AM   #38
Tech Apprentice

yeah its seems as so it is dying... and brushless everthing is what's happening...even conversion kits to go from nitro to Brushless... I def going that route with my new buggy that I want to get not sure which buggy but it will be brushless...
Goodie is offline   Reply With Quote