Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi Set To Release Rock Crawler >

Losi Set To Release Rock Crawler

Losi Set To Release Rock Crawler

Old 06-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

losi soon to be in toy stores across amereica. i just think losi is spending their money making toys rather than a new race car like a new 4x4 10th scale offroader? good job horizon!!!! LOL
Old 06-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

We have a very successful 1/18th scale high banked carpet oval track where I run every Tuesday night. In the summer the crowd thins out a bit due to vacations, etc. We are averaging about 20 entries. In the fall and winter we had averaged 30+. We are at a point where we may need to go to two nights this fall and winter. We run Vendettas, Vendetta STs, Mini Ts, Sliders, Mini Late Models, and an unlimited four wheel drive class (no motor or batt restriction). Everyone has a ball. We may try to put in an outdoor dirt oval this summer. All this said to say that there is a place for 1/18th. Our track and pits occupy a garage. We could use the 1/18the crawlers out side here as we have the material to build a track already. I would love to see Losi build a real 1/10th race car but right now they are trying to anticipate the RTR market. There are far more buyers for RTR than true racers.

I also run 1/10th offroad, 1/8th electric offroad, 1/10th big carpet oval. We run the Sliders and Mini Late Models on the large carpet oval as well as the small.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you people don't know what the hell you are talking about please don't post stupid comments!!!!
  1. The Tamiya TLT is a 18th scale
  2. Watch the video
  3. Who keep's rig stock? Heck this is just another platform for people to mod off of.
  4. As for Losi becoming a toy company let's look at the other RC companies
  1. Tamiya I really don't have to say much they make every kind of toy under the sun
  2. Kyosho has the mini z to name one thing
  3. Associated has just many mini's as Losi
  4. Heck Xray even puts out minis

If you had any business sense as all you would know that these companies need to put out this kind of product to supplement and pay the bills. Like or not this what sells. This what pays for all of your favorite drivers to travel the world and race. If a big time company like Losi, Kyosho, Tamiya, or Associated wants to be main stream they need and pay to keep up there racing program they need to sell this kind of stuff.

Get a clue.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

http://www.losi.com/Content/Tours/Mi...wler/tour.html

i think its cool. and the video looks awsome...
Old 06-27-2008, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I think it is really cool. I will pick one up once it is release pending the price. I've been looking to get a crawler to play with, but don't want to spend a ton of coin on it. This one looks perfect for me.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:23 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Crawler
Are any of you crawlers?

While a 2.2 rig would have been our first choice, this rig is being received well in the crawler community.

The Super class has lost most of it's attraction do to stagnant development, lack of support from manufactures, and a lack of terrain for many that can challenge a Supers crawling abilities.

With this rig as well as the Yokomo 1/18 crawler, the Duratrax 1/18th crawler and a rumored 1/18 release coming from Kyosho, we could be seeing the second competition class many have been looking for!

Also, many fail to remember that the 2.2 class that 99% of crawlers now participate in was based on the lowly 1/18 scale TLT!

This new release uses 12mm hexes which means all 2.2 tires and wheels will work on it, it comes w/ a Spektrum radio, it comes w/ tires designed after the 2.2 Losi Claws which have been dominant this last year, and it's very affordable! With some minor tweaks, it could be stretched into a 2.2 fairly easy! Crawlers are notorious for taking pieces and parts from difference rigs and manufactures to produce their own creations! This rig just adds parts for us to use!

Plus Losi will sell a ton of the axles and tires which are 1.9s to the scale guys! They favor the 1.9s as they more scale in size and appearance.

IMO, this release is a winner for crawling and if it sells well, I would guess a 2.2 will soon follow.
+1
Old 06-27-2008, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

I think I'll continue to be disappointed in this quite bizarre and for me anyway utterly under-whelming release.

I'll keep my eye out for a company who are serious about releasing a high-spec crawler and then (as long as it takes my fancy) I'll give them my cash.

A pity, I had high hopes that Losi may have had something special on the cards.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

does anyone see the irony that people with crawler experience are liking this release while everyone else is dissing it?
Old 06-27-2008, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Metla
I think I'll continue to be disappointed in this quite bizarre and for me anyway utterly under-whelming release.

I'll keep my eye out for a company who are serious about releasing a high-spec crawler and then (as long as it takes my fancy) I'll give them my cash.

I have tow crawlers a 2.2 that my buddy made for me and a scorpion they are both way fun but I think I am going to sell the scorpinan and pic up one of these to try they look like you could go find a rock pile and have a blast where the two I have now would probably eat the rock pile right up.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

well after seeing the pics and the video it looks pretty cool..
Old 06-27-2008, 07:11 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
does anyone see the irony that people with crawler experience are liking this release while everyone else is dissing it?
Yup, I find it amazing - and the attitude you noted seems to pervade this hobby. But what I've seen over the years are that the crap-talkers never end up putting their money where the mouth is anyway. They do a lot of talking, but that's all it is. They're also the ones that do little modding on their own, and expect everything to come in-the-box and it's why in my opinion that RTRs have done more harm than good as the majority of so-called hobbyists today seem to barely know the difference between a phillips head and a lefthanded monkey wrench.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:13 AM
Suspended

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Metla

A sign of a true RTR boy.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

msrp is $319 & avalible for $239 on the losi website...

i know what my sons getting for his birthday or christmas

he's been wanting a rock crawler but i don't wanna spend a fortune on one since hes only 5.

you know losi may not be exactly where they use to be in the racing department, but they do have some real neat stuff for my son. he's got a micro raminator, the wifes got a pretty hopped up mini-t, and this will be the third losi we'll have in the family.

but hey whatever...
Old 06-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I don't believe RTRs have hurt the hobby. If anything they have resulted in more people entering as novices and then moving up. I do think that selling a poor quality RTR to a novice hurts the individual and can result in a loss of a potential racer.

We have guys running some RTRs at our local tracks. This is in 1/10th off road, 1/18th oval, and some 1/18th offroad as well. Many of the beginners graduate to higher levels of competition and modify their RTRs or sell them (to new beginners) and buy higher quality race kits.

We need new racers to fuel the hobby, no racers means no tracks.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw
I don't believe RTRs have hurt the hobby.
nope, not at all.
but RTR buyers that expect race-ready or crawler-ready rigs have hurt the hobby.
they come in expecting that RTR stands for Ready-To-Race instead of understanding it means Ready-To-Run.
two entirely different concepts

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.