Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Which one to buy slash or losi desert truck? >

Which one to buy slash or losi desert truck?

Which one to buy slash or losi desert truck?

Old 06-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The Slash going away!

The scale racing w/ the Slash is an absolute blast! No worry of tires getting intertwined w/ each other.

The Slash handles much like the 1:1 CORR trucks which makes them all the more entertaining!

Let's hope Associated pulls the trigger and builds a Slash like truck as well.

I converted my T4 into a J82 so now I have a larger scale buggy to go along w/ my Slash.

I'm lovong the larger size of the Slash while still being electric and 2WD.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The slash is in a class of its own. The scale is said to be 10th scale
which it may be to a current corr truck but it is not 10th scale with the what is currently a 10th scale truck . The losi Desert truck is a 1/10th scale 2wd truck which is the class they would run in. There is no comparison
here the size of the slash is huge. They kind of remind me of an oversized rally car. That being said I own an xxxt, xxxt-cr, and xxxt desert truck.
I bought the desert truck for my daughter its kind of fun . I stuck with a Losi
but cause a lot of our components will cross over from the xxxt, and the xxxt-cr. Traxxas has a good market captured and energized if it brings more racers
out I am all for it. What I hope it doesn't do is dilute the 10th scale class 2wd,
I hope it compliments it by having a class the adds but doesn't take away.
You will see a corr truck by Losi and Ae and Hpi probably Xray to (Kinwald Special) . If the class takes off like it seems to be. But please don't compare the Losi to the Slash they are their own unique creatures nad market area.

Dynodan22
Old 06-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
still don`t ....

Slash only costs 20 buck`s less than a Ae T-4 Rtr...

and a the Ae performance is decent or respectable compared to a Slash ....
First off he didn't ask about a T4. Do you ever look at the title of the thread before you answer?
Didn't think so because you are a moron!!!

Second off a T4 is great race truck but is not a slash. Slash has better Servo(125oz, metal gear, digital & waterproof), better ESC (handles a 12T, waterproof), all metal gear transmission, Waterproof RX box, motor requires much less to maint and when is the last time you saw 10 T4s driven by mostly newbies finish 3 heats and a main without a single broken part?

Go back to trolling RCU
Old 06-25-2008, 12:05 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dynodan22
The slash is in a class of its own. The scale is said to be 10th scale
which it may be to a current corr truck but it is not 10th scale with the what is currently a 10th scale truck . The losi Desert truck is a 1/10th scale 2wd truck which is the class they would run in. There is no comparison
here the size of the slash is huge. They kind of remind me of an oversized rally car. That being said I own an xxxt, xxxt-cr, and xxxt desert truck.
I bought the desert truck for my daughter its kind of fun . I stuck with a Losi
but cause a lot of our components will cross over from the xxxt, and the xxxt-cr. Traxxas has a good market captured and energized if it brings more racers
out I am all for it. What I hope it doesn't do is dilute the 10th scale class 2wd,
I hope it compliments it by having a class the adds but doesn't take away.
You will see a corr truck by Losi and Ae and Hpi probably Xray to (Kinwald Special) . If the class takes off like it seems to be. But please don't compare the Losi to the Slash they are their own unique creatures nad market area.

Dynodan22
I think alot of new things cut down the racing in certain classes. When we first raced offroad back in the day it was pretty much buggy class. Now over the years we have 2wd buggy (stock, 19t, mod) same with 4wd buggies, trucks, nitro trucks, monster trucks, 1/8th scale buggy, and truggy. Nowaddays we just have so much to choose from that we didn't back in the day. Touring is about the same with all those classes and a bunch of new stuff like the new Vintage class and some 1/10th pan as well.

With all the new stuff some types of racing or classes are bound to go by the wayside but then again we get some fun new classes so lets just hope whatever happens it brings more racers and business to are local hobbyshops.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RocketRob40

Faster?
With what, a pack of Estes rockets strapped to one?

Ooooppss, my mistake. I keep forgetting the kids are out for summer trolling discussion boards looking to stir up crap.
Jeez, it looks like to me that you are trolling more than the kids
Old 06-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well I took most of your guys advice and got the slash, it looks way sweet I will give an update after I drive it.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

good choice on getting the slash u'll have a blast