R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-23-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Old school paint schemes

I've been trying to find some old pics on the net of early mid 90's factory drivers cars. I used to love looking through RC car action and seeing the classics like the winternats and Cactus.

Can anyone throw me some links to the well painted classics like Jack Johnson's, Chris Bing's or Derek Furitani's old Losi cars or Carlos Gonzalez's RC10?

Come on I know there has to be some out there...
dancoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have Gil Losi Jr's Pro SE body from around 1993. He gave it to me back then at a race at the old M N M raceway so I would have a body to use on my new Losi. I'll take a pic and post it later tonight. I also have an old RC Car Action magazine from 1993, I'll check through and see if there any good pics I can scan and post up.

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:59 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore

Cliff Lett:

Credit-rc10b4.com/David Joor
Old 06-23-2008, 10:21 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Here's the pics of Gil Losi Jr's body from around 1993. Check out the o.g. Ranch Pit Shop decal on the roof.....
Attached Thumbnails
Old school paint schemes-dsc01497.jpg   Old school paint schemes-dsc01498.jpg  

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
Old 06-23-2008, 10:40 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't know if this link will work from here, but there is a "scans archive" on www.rc10talk.com. They have scans of magazine articles and advertisements from almost anything you want going back to the early 80's. A lot of it is in B&W but there are some color photos too.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewforum.ph...45e596c357e34d
foolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:59 AM   #6
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to nhodd
Default bodies

Best to contact radio control car action they have all back issues from the dawn of time with all the original bodies.
nhodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:24 AM   #7
Suspended

for anything "classic/vintage" (as another poster mentioned) check out www.rc10talk.com - they've got it all

my own personal all-time fav was when Cliff Lett led the whole Associated team on the moo-cow look, that was back before that computer company came along, and the boys showed up at all the big races with the front of their cars painted black and white cow patterned..........
RocketRob40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:44 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

If anyone can find the cow paint job from the 90's on the RC10 or 10T and post it, It would be appreciated.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:04 AM   #9
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG RC 10T View Post
If anyone can find the cow paint job from the 90's on the RC10 or 10T and post it, It would be appreciated.
Here ya go..........

..........but in the future, when somebody gives you a link as a source try looking them up yourself (I found these really quickly) and had to waste my time instead of you wasting yours because it tells me either that either you're lazy or consider your own time more valuable than mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Old school paint schemes-team-moo.jpg   Old school paint schemes-lett-cow.jpg   Old school paint schemes-cow.jpg  
Old 06-24-2008, 03:10 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRob40 View Post
Here ya go..........

..........but in the future, when somebody gives you a link as a source try looking them up yourself (I found these really quickly) and had to waste my time instead of you wasting yours because it tells me either that either you're lazy or consider your own time more valuable than mine.
Thanks.

Actually I was at work and cant access certain pages, links ect because of how they have the computer system set up.

I appericate you doing that for me though.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:23 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Hmmm, that last pic is kind of intersting. I see the Cliff Lett paintjob and an old aluminum tub RC10, but its obviously a recent pic because its got an LRP brushless system and an Orion Lipo battery in it....

Old 06-24-2008, 04:46 PM   #12
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc-hopsing View Post
Hmmm, that last pic is kind of intersting. I see the Cliff Lett paintjob and an old aluminum tub RC10, but its obviously a recent pic because its got an LRP brushless system and an Orion Lipo battery in it....
I got all of them off www.rc10talk.com - but it's my guess the one you mentioned is no doubt a new retro-job someone did up copying my buddy cliff's original.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:38 AM   #13
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to scrubnick

Robert Hoffman is from that era and he still rocks the Moo on the front of his bodies.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:57 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRob40 View Post
I got all of them off www.rc10talk.com - but it's my guess the one you mentioned is no doubt a new retro-job someone did up copying my buddy cliff's original.
I spent 3 hours on rc10talk.com last night. I LOVE that site. Was great seeing all the scans of old magazines and articles I read when I was younger.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:21 AM   #15
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisWolfson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc-hopsing View Post
Here's the pics of Gil Losi Jr's body from around 1993. Check out the o.g. Ranch Pit Shop decal on the roof.....
Steve - that's awesome! Love it.