Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Problem with novak HV with 4.5?? >

Problem with novak HV with 4.5??

Problem with novak HV with 4.5??

Old 06-21-2008, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

Questions?? Problem with novak HV with 4.5??

i got this set up about a week ago with a 14.8v 8000mih lipo from max amps.

when ever i turn it on it works ok for about 20 seconds and then it just stops??? i am looking at the speed controller and when i go full throtle the light turns green and when i brake it turns red. but the motor doesnt run??

it is not thermaling because i checked it with a temp gun. its about 100*f
all my conections are correct.

i am confused!!!!!

could my motor be bad??

thanks
peter
Old 06-22-2008, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

If you are using the Novak ESC, something is not set correctly. I believe it should go green for full throttle and blinking green for full break. It should be red at neutral. Try resetting the ESC if it is a Novak. If it is one of the newer Novaks remember that now you press and hold the setup button before you turn on the ESC not like you used to do it.

If you are using Novak HV ESC, with a single batt, you must jump the second set of batt wires on the ESC. The instructions that come with the HV will tell how.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

ya its a novak hv esc and i did reprogram it but its still doesnt turn the motor so i am going to call novak tomorow and see if they can suggest something or replace it for me.

by the way i did jump the battery wire on the esc. i read the instructions and did exactly when it said.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Any chance when you soldered the black wire after you jumped it across that solder ran across the bottom of the connector plates? This would cause an issue. Just trying all ideas.