Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
MAMBA MAX TUNING !!! >

MAMBA MAX TUNING !!!

MAMBA MAX TUNING !!!

Old 06-21-2008, 07:16 PM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up MAMBA MAX TUNING !!!

Hi, there im running a stadium truck 2wd brushless ( E-JATO )

ESC : Castle Creation Mamba Max
MOTOR : Feigao 380C-6L (4899kv) sometime I use my Mamba Max 5700kv ...
GEARING : 56t Spur 18t Pinion ( 32Pitch )
TIRE DIAMETERS : 4 inch
BATTERY : most time 2s 7.4v 8000mah lipo but sometime I use my 3s 11.1v 3200mah ...

there is my ESC SETTINGS :

/////

the thing I want from my setup is good very good acceleration than top speed.. maximum run time too... and the most important to protect my weak drivetrain ( traxxas ) all plastic transmission and differential gears.. and to get all the kit run cooler..

need help from brushless/electric professional
Old 06-21-2008, 10:20 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Change your punch control to 0% and you will have twice as much power as you do now. Not responsible for what happens to your transmission gears.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

very good acceleration
maximum run time
protect weak transmission
run cool

Those things are a bit in conflict... you can't have it all at the same time, depending on what your meaning of "very good acceleration" is.

100% punch control is not a good setup ever, imo... drives funny to me.
0% punch control will give you max acceleration, but will be more likely to strip gears in your trans.

You should be right in the middle... try 50-70% and see if you are happy with the acceleration. If you want more bottom end punch then set it lower.

"lowest" timing setting will keep the motor cool... turning up the timing can make more power, but at the cost of more heat according to CC.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default hope this helps

With my sidewinder/5700kv, I run a 88 spur and 18 pinion......punch control at 0%.......dead band at lowest and timing at 13*

I also moved the throtle curve....I have it at two square from the top and one from the left.......if that makes sence......and my truck is stupid fast on 4400 NiHd batteries....never have any trouble finishing a race (5min.) because of batteries.....I have a Losi but sill no tranny trouble to date.....
Old 06-22-2008, 09:26 PM

CraigB_3 : do you can please post a picture of your curve setting ?
Old 06-22-2008, 09:28 PM

and guys do you think slipper clutch nut loosen/tighter can play on runtime ? I run it loosen and look like im getting more runtime then tighter ....
Old 06-23-2008, 02:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

I don't have a way nor know how to post a pic. but it is real easy.....just click and hold on the curve line, then drag the line to where ever you want it and release. mine goes from nothing to almost wide open in the first or second square on the grid. with the on curve not linear,

my speed controler is in route to Castle for repair.

also with the slipper tight you pull harder on the batteries, because the moter has to get the truck/car moving to spin faster indstead of having the little bit of help from the slipper,that why you are seeing longer run times. I run dirt oval only so I tighten mine down enough that it doesn't slip at all. don't wanna sound like a "know it all" because I am fairly new to this, but that is haw it was explained to me..hope that helps.